These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bow to your remaining Tactical Destroyer Overlords

Author
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#41 - 2015-03-21 08:28:17 UTC
Elisk Skyforge wrote:
So why are they due for release in June and July? that's too late almost a year after the first T3 destroyer.

Likely because they want to release the sov changes around the same time and they have a lot easier to balance T3 dessies when they have a years worth of data to compare but moe likely because art as always already has it's hands full on fitting dreadnought guns to noobships. PBlink
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2015-03-21 12:40:38 UTC
Pics or it didn't happen

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#43 - 2015-03-21 12:48:25 UTC
Only two lows, only 33% bonus speed in propulsion mode with likely a higher base mass and lower base agility...

Don't get too hyped too fast, it won't be able to keep up with frigates for long enough to kill them.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#44 - 2015-03-21 12:50:20 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Only two lows, only 33% bonus speed in propulsion mode with likely a higher base mass and lower base agility...

Don't get too hyped too fast, it won't be able to keep up with frigates for long enough to kill them.

The Caldari one isn't the one people are freaking out about.

It's the Hecate that continues the tradition of Gallente dominance, what with being able to fit probes and enough dps to be a solo pwnmobile. Oh and conceivably structure tank.

That ship will be nuts like squirrel dreams.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Arronicus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-03-21 12:54:08 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Oh my god, they gave it missiles. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Ugh.

The Hecate though...my inner black metal teenager is pleased.

Well it was either go missiles for Caldari and Hybrids for Gallente or Hybrids for Caldari and Drones for Gallente.

It's not like they were going to give two of them the same weapon system. That'd just be silly.

Catalyst+Cormorant, Corax+Talwar, Dragoon+Algos. That's actually the kind of pattern I was expecting again. Ah well, we'll see how they suit up, once we have the full details.

I'm pretty sure CCP just didn't want to get burned at the stake like if they made the Hangpaw a rail boat instead of missiles.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2015-03-21 13:16:31 UTC
Altrue wrote:

I'm sure it will find a way.
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-03-21 17:20:35 UTC
Only think that I don't like about the Gal one, is the MWD Only bonus. I'd rather a general Propmod bonus, so I can 10mn AB it, like my Confessor :)

Caldari one.. 2L.. no.. Also a little light on the DPS too..
And again, as with all missile systems, I RAGE over the fact that hardwires Specific to the Missile Type, unlike Lasers/Projectiles/Hybrids which go for the whole range in that size.. ( Large Hybrid Damage, vs Torp Damage, and Cruise Damage)..
Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#48 - 2015-03-21 17:54:15 UTC
Gimme Sake wrote:
Soon the frigates will be used only as role/support ships.

Well those of us who can't afford to pay T3 Destroyer prices for funships won't be abandoning frigates.
Iain Cariaba
#49 - 2015-03-21 17:56:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Iain Cariaba
Altrue wrote:

Light missiles in sniper mode... warp in at range, burn away, shred everything moving towards you, then burn back to watch the rest run away.

Edit: not every d3 needs to be an in your face brawler.
Nomistrav
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#50 - 2015-03-21 19:22:23 UTC
Though I supremely doubt they will, I really hope they open up to changing the art assets on the hecate... Thing looks so bland and uninspired to me; betrays a lot of the gallente architecture. It looks like they tried to make it a mix between a catalyst and a nemesis hut failed to give it the charm of either, let alone any typical Gallente flare.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#51 - 2015-03-21 19:35:34 UTC
Nomistrav wrote:
Though I supremely doubt they will, I really hope they open up to changing the art assets on the hecate... Thing looks so bland and uninspired to me; betrays a lot of the gallente architecture. It looks like they tried to make it a mix between a catalyst and a nemesis hut failed to give it the charm of either, let alone any typical Gallente flare.

Surely you jest? The Hecate is a really cool design - probably my favourite.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
#52 - 2015-03-21 19:50:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Droidyk
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:

It is indeed awesome, and on the contrary the design fits Gallente in many ways in my opinion.
Sniper Smith
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2015-03-21 23:39:41 UTC
Droidyk wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:

It is indeed awesome, and on the contrary the design fits Gallente in many ways in my opinion.

Indeed. The Gal are nice in that they don't really have a solid design style.

Imicus, Nemesis, Catalyst, Vexor, Megathron, Thanny.
Can you find one design element that persists between them? Now excluding Carriers, the only common thread they seem to have is some smooth lines.. Which the Hecate has too.

Is it my favorite design? Nope. I actually like the other concept piece for the Gal Dessy -- http://i.imgur.com/1tKWeue.png?2 -- Even if it does have a Tengu-Legion flare.. Also not a fan of how little actually changes, vs the other ones.. And it looks more like it should be a fighter/bomber than a Destroyer.. but with that said, even without a paintjob or anything, if I saw it, my first thought would be that's a Gal ship.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2015-03-22 00:04:35 UTC
Just wait till they give us SKINs for these things.
Nomistrav
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#55 - 2015-03-22 09:20:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Nomistrav
Droidyk wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:

It's a Nemesis without the signature glowy-face plate.
It's a Catalyst without the gaps in the frame.

It's quite literally two airplane wings bolted together with some little bits that extend upward whenever it changes modes.

I think Gallente, I think of the Hyperion, The Megathron, The Vexor, The Tristan. All very unique looking ships that show a sense of beauty as well as militaristic prowess. That's something they had going with their concept sketches and then it looked like someone was drunk out of their mind and pointed to the lamest sketch in the line-up whilst staggering to keep their balance.

"Blurggh..... That one... L-looks like it can fly... How does spaceships fly if they don't has aerodynamics..?"

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Fenris Orion
Strata Victoria
#56 - 2015-03-24 00:37:51 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Wording it differently. Per level:

Svipul: 10% damage bonus to small projectiles
Confessor: 10% damage bonus to small energy turrets

Next day the next two T3s are outlined

Jackdaw: 5% bonus to damage for small missiles/rockets
Hecate: 5% ROF bonus to small hybrid turrets (which is slightly better than 5% damage bonus at expense of cap use)

So it was simply a question whether we are seeing early signs of a slight nerf to the Confessor and Svipul coming, nothing more. There is plenty of variety between the hulls, which is a good thing.

But Hengle may be spot on that energy turrets and projectiles needed additional damage bonuses compared to missiles/rockets and hybrids.

I'm afraid you missed the 5% RoF bonus on the Jackdaw, on top of the 5% damage.

That leaves only the Hecate to lag behind it's peers by 5% damage per level. Or....

Guess what possibility that leaves available?

That's right, there's still a possibility that CCP might sneak 10-20MHz DRONE BANDWIDTH to keep the Gallente Tactical Destroyer in the lead for DPS potential. Like two Comets welded together.

Let the tears flow!

#LIBERTYorDEATH
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2015-03-24 00:46:14 UTC
If it gets a drone bay, I'll need to buy new tear jars
Ila Dace
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2015-03-24 01:16:22 UTC
Nomistrav wrote:
Droidyk wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Nomistrav wrote:

It's a Nemesis without the signature glowy-face plate.
It's a Catalyst without the gaps in the frame.

It's quite literally two airplane wings bolted together with some little bits that extend upward whenever it changes modes.

I think Gallente, I think of the Hyperion, The Megathron, The Vexor, The Tristan. All very unique looking ships that show a sense of beauty as well as militaristic prowess. That's something they had going with their concept sketches and then it looked like someone was drunk out of their mind and pointed to the lamest sketch in the line-up whilst staggering to keep their balance.

"Blurggh..... That one... L-looks like it can fly... How does spaceships fly if they don't has aerodynamics..?"

If the B-Wing bomber and X-Wing fighter had a baby, it'd look like this.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Fenris Orion
Strata Victoria
#59 - 2015-03-24 01:53:53 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:

6x turrets + 25% RoF = Catalyst dps.

Eris gets up to 25% RoF but has 7x turrets + 1x launcher.

All three of the other Tac-Destroyers get 6x turrets + 50% dps (dmg/RoF) which puts them way over the dps of their T1 counterparts.

Conclusion: Hecate will almost CERTAINLY get a drone bay.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2015-03-24 02:00:17 UTC
Fenris Orion wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:

6x turrets + 25% RoF = Catalyst dps.

Eris gets up to 25% RoF but has 7x turrets + 1x launcher.

All three of the other Tac-Destroyers get 6x turrets + 50% dps (dmg/RoF) which puts them way over the dps of their T1 counterparts.

Conclusion: Hecate will almost CERTAINLY get a drone bay.

I like the way you think.