These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I'm a miner, and I like CODE.

First post
Author
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2015-03-20 08:02:02 UTC
You look delicious Avellean.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-03-20 09:15:08 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Anyone that mines and is diligent enough to not take losses from us should like us, we cut down on your competition.

I do hope you own a mining permit, however.

*snickers*
Bear
No!
Never had losses from you and still despise CODE and their members.
I despise hipocrits that demand things from others that they self will not do.
-> go nullsec

WIMRE someone wrote, that you sabriz told in the CSM application, that living in nullsec is not viable for you guys.

Reading about code is always fast change about laughing hard about code ignorance and "facepalming" and "face to desk" emotions. Code guys are just lame hisec-carebears who think they are better than players with playstiles other then theirs..
(hint: thats why you sabriz didnt make it into CSM Cool )

Following the keynotes showed everyone the importance of code.
Almost Zero!

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
We are not well liked, much like garbagemen, plumbers, and other blue collar jobs in real life.

But just like those real life jobs, someone has to do it, or we'd all be covered in ****.

I like and respect those guys. Also whores: i respect them.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-03-20 10:43:03 UTC
Avellean wrote:

Was in a system running missions and the whole time i was there a code guy in a npc corp of course was killing new players most less than a week old. Regardless of the pilots age my point is still valid, those who cant handle real pvp resort to ganking ships that cant fight back.

Which system were you running missions in? I'd like to drop by.
Amarrchecko
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2015-03-20 10:56:00 UTC
@La Rynx

This is just a game, dude. And CODE. is playing a role permitted by the game's rules.

Sidenote - my catalyst alts have started training Big smile
Mikael Menethil
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2015-03-20 11:28:26 UTC
You are filtering out the fun people.
If everyone is skilled, competitive, aggressive and cunning, EVE would be even more boring.

I suggest you target more of the "experienced" miners, who have no excuses anymore, and leave the newbies to breathe a little.
Many dont mine because they like mining, they do it to learn the game (interface, skills etc). It's an activity where you have some time to read.

If you think you'll convince them to switch to combat skills and go pvp, you are wrong.
Mikael Menethil
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2015-03-20 11:29:13 UTC
double post
Amarrchecko
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2015-03-20 12:33:43 UTC
Mikael Menethil wrote:
I suggest you target more of the "experienced" miners, who have no excuses anymore, and leave the newbies to breathe a little.

While you were talking about how many noobs are getting ganked, I went to the killboards and looked (like I suggested you should earlier). Out of the first 10 or so kills I saw, 2 were of one-month-old characters (plus a younger character who seemed unlikely to be a genuinely new player). The rest were old players in barges and players in exhumers, who should know better.

But they don't. They get ganked multiple times in the same system within an hour rather than move around a bit. They fit T2 afterburners on their mackinaws instead of making good bookmarks. They, almost invariably, do not have decent tanks on their ships. They like to mine in .5s, apparently without having standings set and keeping even a casual eye on local. Etc.

Sure, events like the venture ganking competition are disproportionately targetting new players. But hey. I'd rather learn that highsec isn't safesec by losing a venture than a few months later by losing my first mackinaw. Wouldn't you? Of course, these players could just use google, or join a corp, or read the forums, or stuff like that, which would go a long ways to protect them from ganks.

I need about 36 hours until my catalysts are ready for action with basic t1 fits and skills. Convenient that the orca I'm usually using on mining ops will work so well as a staging point even after my catalyst alts are -10!
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#28 - 2015-03-20 12:53:35 UTC
Avellean wrote:

Was in a system running missions and the whole time i was there a code guy in a npc corp of course was killing new players most less than a week old. Regardless of the pilots age my point is still valid, those who cant handle real pvp resort to ganking ships that cant fight back.

Im calling BS on this. A "Code" guy in an NPC corp. One He cannot be a Code guy in a an NPC corp. Two if is an alt of a Code, how would you know. Again Clueless carebears spewing BS.
Amarrchecko
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2015-03-20 13:10:32 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:
Avellean wrote:

Im calling BS on this. A "Code" guy in an NPC corp. One He cannot be a Code guy in a an NPC corp. Two if is an alt of a Code, how would you know. Again Clueless carebears spewing BS.

"The New Order transcends corporations, alliances, and coalitions. There's no membership application or skill requirement to join. Everyone in EVE who takes any action to support our cause is an Agent of the New Order."

So close enough.
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#30 - 2015-03-20 13:25:27 UTC
Amarrchecko wrote:
Avellean wrote:

"The New Order transcends corporations, alliances, and coalitions. There's no membership application or skill requirement to join. Everyone in EVE who takes any action to support our cause is an Agent of the New Order."

So close enough.

It does not stop it from being a BS story Pirate
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#31 - 2015-03-20 13:52:15 UTC
Amarrchecko wrote:
Avellean wrote:

So close enough.

Everyone in CODE. is a member of the New Order, but not every member of the New Order is in CODE., so no, not close enough.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Amarrchecko
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2015-03-20 14:36:17 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Everyone in CODE. is a member of the New Order, but not every member of the New Order is in CODE., so no, not close enough.

Give me a break.

CODE. is "Home of the Army of James 315 and the New Order of High Sec."

CODE.'s executor corp is named "New Order Home Office"

Trying to argue that a random, NPC-corp suicide ganker isn't basically the same thing as a member of CODE. is asinine.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#33 - 2015-03-20 15:04:04 UTC
Amarrchecko wrote:
admiral root wrote:

Trying to argue that a random, NPC-corp suicide ganker isn't basically the same thing as a member of CODE. is asinine.

Not asinine, accurate. Only CODE. members are members of CODE.

Avellean
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2015-03-20 18:11:18 UTC
Avellean wrote:

A lot of their agents are in npc corps so they don't have to worry about wardecs. Also don't assume people are carebears.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#35 - 2015-03-20 18:58:26 UTC
Avellean wrote:
A lot of their agents are in npc corps so they don't have to worry about wardecs.
You're missing the obvious, a ganker in an NPC corp is by definition not a member of the CODE. alliance, or any other player organised corp or alliance for that matter.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#36 - 2015-03-20 21:19:20 UTC
Amarrchecko wrote:
@La Rynx

This is just a game, dude. And CODE. is playing a role permitted by the game's rules.

Sidenote - my catalyst alts have started training Big smile

So this is indeed a code bait Posting.
Failed CSM canditate Sabriz explained that code is not roleplaying.
I was not talking about "permitting".
I replied to Sabriz post that a miner has not reason to like code.
Obviously you feel pissed about my arguments, which happens alot to codies.
If you wanna gank, do it.
If you wanna join the clowns troupe code, do it.

Ugh

@Danalee
You wish for more people kissing code a?s?

Whatever you wish, i wrote nothing of that what you claim to be a quote of mine.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-03-20 21:44:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Alana Charen-Teng
Avellean wrote:

A lot of their agents are in npc corps so they don't have to worry about wardecs. Also don't assume people are carebears.

315th Circuit Court Declares War Against Evil Young Flesh [Avellean's previous corp]

I see you created a new corp as soon as the wardec hit. malcovas Henderson is spot on about you.
Kaldi Tsukaya
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#38 - 2015-03-21 01:57:47 UTC
Grrr (somebody) for doing (stuff) I disagree with! (Whine) post immediately!!!

Oh wait,
Ships blowing up is good for business.

Nevermind,
Carry on...
Avellean
Perkone
Caldari State
#39 - 2015-03-21 05:01:41 UTC
Alana Charen-Teng wrote:
Avellean wrote:

315th Circuit Court Declares War Against Evil Young Flesh [Avellean's previous corp]

I see you created a new corp as soon as the wardec hit. malcovas Henderson is spot on about you.

LoL i just station spin in HS now days anyway so the wardec is kinda pointless. You assume im some HS player but im not, just hanging out in HS for a bit before i go back to null. I see you are a CODE alt alliance though, good to know.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#40 - 2015-03-21 11:49:30 UTC
Avellean wrote:
I see you are a CODE alt alliance though, good to know.

Alana is no mere alt! She's a New Order main; a renowned and courageous Knight, champion of justice, preacher of the good word of the Saviour of High Sec. Alana was in many of the initial gank fleets a few years back and is still dispensing justice today. She clearly has more in the space-gonads department than you do, too.