These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#381 - 2015-03-20 00:15:56 UTC
Does anyone know if tracking disruption on burners work? If so what do they do against it?

I mean nasty Succubus (killed my Daredevil because of one my mistake): he orbits on 14km. What if i disrupt his optimal? Will it just fly around and do no damage? Or it will go closer?
I know: it's better to test but maybe someone already tested it?

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#382 - 2015-03-20 00:26:14 UTC
I got the following to work for Team Burner against the Vengeance. (On SiSi)*

[Enyo, Team Burner Vengeance]
Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

1MN Microwarpdrive II
'Umbra' White Noise ECM
'Umbra' White Noise ECM

150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II
150mm Railgun II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Caldari Navy Iridium Charge S x5000

Optimal between 30km - 37km Orbit at 30km take no damage and stack both ecm on one logi while you shoot the other. This fit is cap stable at 31.6% according to fitting screen in game. And requires no implants with my skill lvls.

Sometimes the logi I am ECMing will veer off and out of my target range. Doesn't really help his buddy but then I have to re-target him and reapply the ECM.

I am glad the logi don't seem to have web or scram. I orbited the vengeance the whole time to avoid him but sometimes I did come within 5km of one of the logi's.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#383 - 2015-03-20 00:31:32 UTC
I use kiting Garmur for all team burners. Works nice. 2x racial ECM, racial light missiles. Keep at 25km, jam one logi, kill another. Then kill second logi but sometimes it gets too far (when you ECM it it tries to get range but sometimes cannot return back in time) and i just kill burner itself.
Was never able to kill burner with both logi alive - ECM is very unreliable.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Jori McKie
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#384 - 2015-03-20 07:41:02 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Does anyone know if tracking disruption on burners work? If so what do they do against it?

I mean nasty Succubus (killed my Daredevil because of one my mistake): he orbits on 14km. What if i disrupt his optimal? Will it just fly around and do no damage? Or it will go closer?

As far as i know, only ECM works, any other Ewar including Neut+Nos has no effect. Although the Nos effect is questioned/discussed by so many players but i never saw proof that Nos really works on NPCs.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#385 - 2015-03-20 08:34:37 UTC
So I just defeated the Team Burner Hawk and her Bantom logi with a Svipul yes thats right SVIPUL, but don't get excited. Twisted **(ON SISI)**

So basically here is how I got a svipul into the mission.
Went to mission in a frigate fitted only with a mwd, Had a bookmark in cargo and jettisoned it once I landed, then bookmarked it.

Then I went and got a Svipul with the following fit:

Quote:

[Svipul, Burner Svipul A]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

250mm Light Artillery Cannon II, Arch Angel Carbonized Lead S *OFFLINE
[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Arch Angel Carbonized Lead S x24760

This baby tops out at 9843.99 m/s. Now I took note on a burner before of how far the warp would take me and it was around 10,053km and this mission was the same. Rough math and thats 17 minutes flight time.

So I warp to the mission in the Svipul activate the mwd and align to my bookmarked jet can. ~17 minutes later I pop into the mission grid ~369km I turn around and burn back out to ~429km where I drop a mobile depot and refit to the following:

Quote:

[Svipul, Burner Svipul B]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

10MN Afterburner II
[empty med slot]
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM

250mm Light Artillery Cannon II, Arch Angel Carbonized Lead S
[empty high slot]

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Arch Angel Carbonized Lead S x24760

Now I chose that crappy ammo for the optimal of 27-37 because I was wanting to orbit at 25-30. Bad choice of ammo for this mission, but the main Idea was to see if a Tactical destroyer could get into the mission.

Since ECM sucks it bad and the ammo wasn't a very good match to the enemy it took 26 minutes After entering the grid with the ship re-fit to chew through these guys but it was a success in the end.

Screen shots:

http://eve-files.com/dl/272973

http://eve-files.com/dl/272974

http://eve-files.com/dl/272975

http://eve-files.com/dl/272976

http://eve-files.com/dl/272977

http://eve-files.com/dl/272978

http://eve-files.com/dl/272979
Jori McKie
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#386 - 2015-03-20 08:53:15 UTC
So you wasted like ~20mins on one Burner mission? My average with a DD against the Hawk Burner is ~3:40min.

I know the mechanics you used and i guess because you waste so much time CCP hasn't called it offically an exploit.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#387 - 2015-03-20 09:01:04 UTC
Jori McKie wrote:
So you wasted like ~20mins on one Burner mission? My average with a DD against the Hawk Burner is ~3:40min.

I know the mechanics you used and i guess because you waste so much time CCP hasn't called it offically an exploit.

I went into it knowing it wasn't going to be efficient. ~17 minutes to get there and 26 minutes to kill all 3 because i was more focused on getting a tactical destroyer in and less on damage type.
Jori McKie
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#388 - 2015-03-20 10:34:58 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:
Jori McKie wrote:

I went into it knowing it wasn't going to be efficient. ~17 minutes to get there and 26 minutes to kill all 3 because i was more focused on getting a tactical destroyer in and less on damage type.

Got it, just to proof it works.

Nuclear Tap
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#389 - 2015-03-20 12:48:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Nuclear Tap
Little Kicks wrote:
Nuclear Tap wrote:

• 2 accounts doing the missions (remember I dont have perfect skills)

• budget of 100 M per frigate (I am a casual player and ISK is not easy for me, and anything above would break the fun and becoming boring grind. I would do something else)

• It must be the same ship for all Burners types

• I'm not a good brawler and definetely not good dualboxing anything that needs micromanaging.

• I can trains LML tech 2 and support skills lvl 4 in about 25 days.

I've never thought of a dual box setup. If I were to do it, I think I'd build a dual or triple web hyena so I could drop the web on a brawler (wolf). Send in the Wolf and get aggro. Drag the burners away from warp in. Then bring the Hyena in, MWD on, keep at range, and web from range.

I know you don't like brawling, but this would be a easy to manage setup. So long as the brawler can tank the damage, the Hyena will keep the target tackled allowing you to slowboat into death range. This frees up a mid slot and possibly a low slot (less gyros).

One ship for all burners, under 100M... that will be tough on the tank, but probably easy on the Hyena.

Edit:

The Hyena could be pretty bare bones. 23M total. I'd be nervous to try on the Worm, but others would be ok if your chosen brawler can mount a tank.

Thank you Little Kicks!

It sounds solid to me. Most of the Burners I believe I can drop the Hyena first, with 3 webs and an MWD, equiped with something to get faster lock. Hyena can do 40 DPS with LML and orbit at 25 km - 3000 m/s. The only problem would be the Worm Burner. I'm seriously considering training for that, it will take a week. The fitted ship will cost 35 M.

Now I have to get a brawler with at least 550 m/s speed and a good tank with 165 M isk. I can't reach that with the Wolf. Suboptimal Garmur seems viable now.
Little Kicks
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#390 - 2015-03-20 14:02:18 UTC
Let me know how it works out. If you can perma-tank on your main damage dealer, you've got little to lose (35M and a few days training maybe). I didn't think of putting LMLs on. The damage sounds tiny, but any supplement would help.

I run a blinged RFF against the worm. Are defender missiles any affect against him? I think 3 webs bring a target down to 13% velocity. So if you can get within 30km, Fed Webs could grab him, but you'd get all his missile fury, too.
Nuclear Tap
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#391 - 2015-03-20 17:53:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Nuclear Tap
Thanks again! Acctually I'm fitting a Hyena this weekeng and testing if it can grab a Burner and safelly orbit at 25km alone (forget the worm burner, i will think about him after a few months). If the Hyena works, I can just use a long range full gank damage dealer. RFF seems good, a Enyo sounds great!
stoicfaux
#392 - 2015-03-20 23:03:26 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
Tuttomenui II wrote:
So I just defeated the Team Burner Hawk and her Bantom logi with a Svipul yes thats right SVIPUL, but don't get excited. Twisted **(ON SISI)**

So basically here is how I got a svipul into the mission.
Went to mission in a frigate fitted only with a mwd, Had a bookmark in cargo and jettisoned it once I landed, then bookmarked it.

/yawn

;-)

edit: Oh and here's Dinsdale being a negative nellie.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

stoicfaux
#393 - 2015-03-21 00:55:18 UTC
Little Kicks wrote:

I run a blinged RFF against the worm. Are defender missiles any affect against him?

[ ... 23:39:12 ] (combat) 66 to Light Missile - Light Defender Missile I - Hits
[ ... 23:39:13 ] (combat) 215 from Burner Worm - Dread Guristas Scourge Light Missile - Hits

Nope.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#394 - 2015-03-21 03:14:31 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
edit: Oh and here's Dinsdale being a negative nellie.

I miss Dinsdale. His threads were always entertaining. As for soloing Burners, screw that. Just bring an alt or a friend.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Little Kicks
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#395 - 2015-03-23 05:30:27 UTC
Since no one asked, here is one way to run a Wolf Vs Daredevil:

[Wolf, Daredevil Destruction]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Core A-Type Armor Thermic Hardener
Corpus A-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Corpus A-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener

Tracking Computer II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II

Navy 400 and RF Fusion and optimal range

I'm not gonna lie, it's a sketchy setup. Successful, but you'll want to heat a pair of hardeners while you balance reps w/ cap. At normal reps (all I did), the cap booster is just fast enough. Based on cap charges, I'd say I was in there for two minutes, maybe more. OH on the guns seemed to make a big difference, so I'd say the cold applied DPS is right on the edge of this guys tank.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#396 - 2015-03-31 18:32:24 UTC
Jori McKie wrote:
Update 15.01.2015:
WARNING: CCP changed the Pirate Burner Daredevil, they upped the tank a lot and the recommended Enyo does not work anymore. It barely works with ALL V stats.
Alternative Hawk tested it and it works fine
Garmur Update final version, recent patches nerfed the RoF for LML.

I killed the daredevil on 2015.03.21 with the Enyo. I don't remember any change in difficulty, although that was with all lv 5 skills, and a slot 9 gunnery implant, and a tracking implant. so I wouldn't be surprised that my experience is a little different than others.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#397 - 2015-03-31 21:07:43 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Jori McKie wrote:
Update 15.01.2015:
WARNING: CCP changed the Pirate Burner Daredevil, they upped the tank a lot and the recommended Enyo does not work anymore. It barely works with ALL V stats.

I killed the daredevil on 2015.03.21 with the Enyo. I don't remember any change in difficulty, although that was with all lv 5 skills, and a slot 9 gunnery implant, and a tracking implant. so I wouldn't be surprised that my experience is a little different than others.

chainsaw, you know thats 2 month ago Smile daredevil i assume is still the worst burner.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#398 - 2015-04-01 01:03:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Chainsaw Plankton
Ploing wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Jori McKie wrote:
Update 15.01.2015:

chainsaw, you know thats 2 month ago Smile daredevil i assume is still the worst burner.

yea, but I've been using the previously recommended enyo fit for months and months, first time I've been back in this thread in a while, and it says it doesn't work well in the first post, figured I might as well mention I never noticed a change. Then again when I do get around to playing eve I'm usually a bit drunk, so not paying the most attention, but even with the enyo last I remember the burner daredevil as a slam dunk.

looking at my journal looks like I've faced the burner daredevil 3 times since Jan 15th, reason: 34143:1 in the API. never noticed a difference

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

S'aal
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#399 - 2015-04-01 06:41:42 UTC  |  Edited by: S'aal
Jori McKie wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

As far as i know, only ECM works, any other Ewar including Neut+Nos has no effect. Although the Nos effect is questioned/discussed by so many players but i never saw proof that Nos really works on NPCs.

MY SKILLS ON the ALL EW at 5lvl !
ECM with KITSUNE working maybe every 3th turn, It helps only with assault burners.
NOS with SENTINEL i do about 7turns on the faction burner, aaannnddd NOTHING!, over that time im clean about 2240 capacitor(frigs is about 500) . NOT WORKING! WHAT A ****!!!!!! DEVs and CCP want do EVE realistic, but ALL TIME ONLY DOWNGRADING!!!! MOSTLY THESE ACTIONS IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND ABSOLUTELY WITH FRESH BRAINS!
Most ppls say that is theys politic, ... yes thats is incredible stupid politic ! WIT THAT POLITIC, THEYS LOST ABOUT 40-50% PLAYERS, but has chutzpah to say that all is well!
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#400 - 2015-04-01 14:05:13 UTC
S'aal wrote:
MY SKILLS ON the ALL EW at 5lvl !
ECM with KITSUNE working maybe every 3th turn, It helps only with assault burners.
NOS with SENTINEL i do about 7turns on the faction burner, aaannnddd NOTHING!, over that time im clean about 2240 capacitor(frigs is about 500) . NOT WORKING! WHAT A ****!!!!!! DEVs and CCP want do EVE realistic, but ALL TIME ONLY DOWNGRADING!!!! MOSTLY THESE ACTIONS IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND ABSOLUTELY WITH FRESH BRAINS!
Most ppls say that is theys politic, ... yes thats is incredible stupid politic ! WIT THAT POLITIC, THEYS LOST ABOUT 40-50% PLAYERS, but has chutzpah to say that all is well!

I'm going to have to wait until my brain is fresher to properly understand this post.