These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Account management, real account info credit/debit cards billing.

Author
ekimju
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-03-20 08:17:32 UTC  |  Edited by: ekimju
I would like an Option to remove your information whenever you want about personal accounts dealing with money. for some its not really a big deal for others it bothers them a lot. iv'e talked to quite a lot of people in game about it. some answers just to name the memorable ones were.. "my credit cards info has been stored for years, i cant remove it".

i think it would save a lot of peoples time and staff's time dealing with those type of tickets as well.i have been playing for years and though you guys never messed with personal info or money, you could see how others would see that as and be tentative or maybe there is an option too and that its just not easily found.

if CCP is working on this or is there another reason why there isn't any option to easily remove information on that can you please let me know. the only other way i could figure out how to get my old information removed was to re-buy something to put in different info.

also thoughts on gift cards and why there not accepted, would love to use burner cards instead but that's just what i prefer personally.

thank you, been enjoying fan fest as well. lots of cool sheit to come.
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#2 - 2015-03-20 08:39:26 UTC
I've encountered this issue before. It was annoying to put it mildly. CCP really needs to look at how all the other businesses store the CC information separately and copy that feature to their account management page. Post haste.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Iain Cariaba
#3 - 2015-03-20 15:38:41 UTC
So you do what the smart consumer living in the 21st century does and get a prepaid debit card for all online purchases. Never worry about your card number again, because the card you use only has money on it for a few minutes right before you spend it. I've used the same card from Green Dot for 6 years now, and even though the card number has been stolen three times, I've lost no money, because there's only ever money on it for 5 minutes a couple times a month.
ekimju
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-03-20 21:15:09 UTC  |  Edited by: ekimju
i shouldn't have to go through the hassle of getting a prepaid debit card though then wait weeks for them to send it to you, i do use paypal cards but this a different issue with what should be normal and easy because there is a lot of other people that have this issue as well. we should just focus on the game and have fun.
phailbrid
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2015-03-21 03:00:40 UTC
the CCP lords do not approve
Iain Cariaba
#6 - 2015-03-21 15:44:40 UTC
ekimju wrote:
i shouldn't have to go through the hassle of getting a prepaid debit card though then wait weeks for them to send it to you, i do use paypal cards but this a different issue with what should be normal and easy because there is a lot of other people that have this issue as well. we should just focus on the game and have fun.

Wow, way to take the carebear mentality into real life. [:applauds:]

Let me put this another way. If you're that worried about the security of your financial information, you need to take the initiave to protect yourself rather than depend on others. Is it really too much effort to use the temporary card you get when you buy a prepaid card while waiting a couple weeks for the permanent one? You know this only happens once?
ekimju
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-03-21 20:31:27 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
ekimju wrote:
i shouldn't have to go through the hassle of getting a prepaid debit card though then wait weeks for them to send it to you, i do use paypal cards but this a different issue with what should be normal and easy because there is a lot of other people that have this issue as well. we should just focus on the game and have fun.

Wow, way to take the carebear mentality into real life. [:applauds:]

Let me put this another way. If you're that worried about the security of your financial information, you need to take the initiave to protect yourself rather than depend on others. Is it really too much effort to use the temporary card you get when you buy a prepaid card while waiting a couple weeks for the permanent one? You know this only happens once?


i do understand what you mean. if anything im making it easier for them to take our money.

i think you are missing the point of it, this shouldn't be an issue at all.. a lot of people want this option. every other game out there has this option. i hope you are a carebear with real life money or perhaps i can give you a website where you can donate :)
Iain Cariaba
#8 - 2015-03-22 16:14:13 UTC
ekimju wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
ekimju wrote:
i shouldn't have to go through the hassle of getting a prepaid debit card though then wait weeks for them to send it to you, i do use paypal cards but this a different issue with what should be normal and easy because there is a lot of other people that have this issue as well. we should just focus on the game and have fun.

Wow, way to take the carebear mentality into real life. [:applauds:]

Let me put this another way. If you're that worried about the security of your financial information, you need to take the initiave to protect yourself rather than depend on others. Is it really too much effort to use the temporary card you get when you buy a prepaid card while waiting a couple weeks for the permanent one? You know this only happens once?


i do understand what you mean. if anything im making it easier for them to take our money.

i think you are missing the point of it, this shouldn't be an issue at all.. a lot of people want this option. every other game out there has this option. i hope you are a carebear with real life money or perhaps i can give you a website where you can donate :)

You hear that faint swishing noise? That's the sound of my point going over your head.

Unfortunatly, I can't think of any way to explain the concept of taking proactive personal measures to secure your financial information using only monosyllabic words.
ekimju
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-03-22 18:19:39 UTC
name a MMO out there that doesn't have that simple option to remove information at the Customers Will ? thats the point.
Iain Cariaba
#10 - 2015-03-22 18:29:01 UTC
ekimju wrote:
name a MMO out there that doesn't have that simple option to remove information at the Customers Will ? thats the point.

Your point is irrelevant. If you exercise sound judgement in your financial security, you simply don't care about this because it will never negatively impact you.
ekimju
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-03-22 18:36:33 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
ekimju wrote:
name a MMO out there that doesn't have that simple option to remove information at the Customers Will ? thats the point.

Your point is irrelevant. If you exercise sound judgement in your financial security, you simply don't care about this because it will never negatively impact you.


the point of this was to get an option to remove information at the customers will. without wasting time dealing with tickets to slove it. simple and easy. will CCP mess with your own money and info ? no. great. doesn't mean that there shouldn't be this option that every game company has to begin with. its great that you dont care and all but others do.
Iain Cariaba
#12 - 2015-03-22 18:49:52 UTC
ekimju wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
ekimju wrote:
name a MMO out there that doesn't have that simple option to remove information at the Customers Will ? thats the point.

Your point is irrelevant. If you exercise sound judgement in your financial security, you simply don't care about this because it will never negatively impact you.


the point of this was to get an option to remove information at the customers will. without wasting time dealing with tickets to slove it. simple and easy. will CCP mess with your own money and info ? no. great. doesn't mean that there shouldn't be this option that every game company has to begin with. its great that you dont care and all but others do.

I doubt every game company has this, otherwise it would be the industry standard and every game company would already have it. Besides, IIRC, CCP uses that information in some of its account security measures and RMT prevention.

Though I can understand why you would exagerate like that. After all, you are the one here asking for CCP to protect you in real life rather than expend five minutes of effort to provide your own protection, AKA, carebear mentality.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#13 - 2015-03-22 18:53:24 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
ekimju wrote:
name a MMO out there that doesn't have that simple option to remove information at the Customers Will ? thats the point.

Your point is irrelevant. If you exercise sound judgement in your financial security, you simply don't care about this because it will never negatively impact you.


Posting to confirm that I do not care about this issue.