These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Westwood, Origin, Bullfrog... Maxis

Author
Rain6637
NulzSec
#21 - 2015-03-08 09:23:41 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Welp no more simcity

I hope there will be a spinoff / clone project to replace it. Maybe a more adult version. I dunno, with vampires...
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-03-08 17:32:53 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Welp no more simcity

I hope there will be a spinoff / clone project to replace it. Maybe a more adult version. I dunno, with vampires...

Vampire ducks... it could be called World of Duckness.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#23 - 2015-03-08 22:26:55 UTC
Ila Dace wrote:
Ragnar Severasse wrote:
Mehrune Khan wrote:
EA has such a long history of destroying everything they touch that you wonder why anyone would sell out to them anymore? Also, how can EA possibly still be in business? There must be a lot of people out there who love buying their sports games every year?


Battlefield probably.

I'd guess their big money comes from the console games, Madden in particular.

They used to make a fair amount off of licensed products. In other words, you take the latest hit action movie (LOTR or whatever), plug the setting and characters into an existing game design, and work your dev project grunts around the clock. Get it on the shelf at Best Buy before everybody forgets about the movie and goes to the next one. It'll get bad reviews, but who cares. The theme and box cover will sell a good number of copies at 30-40 bucks. Repeat with the next action movie you can license.
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#24 - 2015-03-09 03:55:52 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Welp no more simcity

I hope there will be a spinoff / clone project to replace it. Maybe a more adult version. I dunno, with vampires...


No vampires but very sim city like.
Soyatyin Aikuro
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2015-03-10 18:45:50 UTC
Mehrune Khan wrote:
There must be a lot of people out there who love buying their sports games every year?


"Sorry"
-Canada
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#26 - 2015-03-10 20:05:47 UTC
Ila Dace wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Welp no more simcity

I hope there will be a spinoff / clone project to replace it. Maybe a more adult version. I dunno, with vampires...

Vampire ducks... it could be called World of Duckness.



You mean like Count Duckula?

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Something Random
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#27 - 2015-03-14 23:46:16 UTC
Ila Dace wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
EA just ganked mah childhood memories /sniff
It's ok, I didn't want those precious memories anyway, I find watching EA destroy all that is good and pure relaxing.
Are you super young or am I old?
My childhood games were things like this old gem. (You can download and probably run it from there)

You have been eaten by a grue.


You are at a crossroads. There is a pirate here.

"caught on fire a little bit, just a little."

"Delinquents, check, weirdos, check, hippies, check, pillheads, check, freaks, check, potheads, check .....gangs´╗┐ all here!"

I love Science, it gives me a Hadron.

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-03-15 01:54:49 UTC
Something Random wrote:
Ila Dace wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
EA just ganked mah childhood memories /sniff
It's ok, I didn't want those precious memories anyway, I find watching EA destroy all that is good and pure relaxing.
Are you super young or am I old?
My childhood games were things like this old gem. (You can download and probably run it from there)

You have been eaten by a grue.


You are at a crossroads. There is a pirate here.

Has anyone returned to the world of the living?

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

NeoShocker
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#29 - 2015-03-20 07:35:57 UTC
Ila Dace wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Well EA did one good thing when they closed westwood...

They made me come to eve. So for that, thanks EA, CCP has prolly enjoyed my 3-5k over the last 11 years. (drop in the bucket i know, but still)

And most of the guys that made Westwood what it was before EA now work at Grey Box. Let's hope we get a Sim City 5 in play but not in name, minus the on-line "requirement".

P.S. Dreadnought is looking like it wants to be just the fleet battle part of Eve.


Really? I thought "most" went to Petroglyph.
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-03-22 06:18:43 UTC
NeoShocker wrote:
Ila Dace wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Well EA did one good thing when they closed westwood...

They made me come to eve. So for that, thanks EA, CCP has prolly enjoyed my 3-5k over the last 11 years. (drop in the bucket i know, but still)

And most of the guys that made Westwood what it was before EA now work at Grey Box. Let's hope we get a Sim City 5 in play but not in name, minus the on-line "requirement".

P.S. Dreadnought is looking like it wants to be just the fleet battle part of Eve.


Really? I thought "most" went to Petroglyph.

Looks to me like you're correct. I might be confusing distribution with authorship.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Previous page12