These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Christmas gift - am I stupid or did I not get the right options?

First post
Author
Minta Contha
Emergent Entity
#1 - 2011-12-23 16:21:46 UTC
A few days ago, an icon appeared on my login screen to redeem an implant. I figured this was the CCP Christmas Gift. I clicked to redeem the implant. So far so good.
A couple of days ago I saw a CCP post saying there was list of different gift items. Clicking on the links provided by CCP did not produce any pages with lists of items to choose from. Talk on the forum gave info on what some of them were, including BPs, aurum token, remap etc. I could find nothing on my profile or web site to allow me to indicate a choice.
I now appear to have an extra remap in my character sheet, which I don't want.
My question is this - if the implant was just one of a list of different items I could choose from, why did I not get any option to change it?
If the implant was not the Christmas gift, but the remap was, can I change it to something else on the grounds that I could not find a list to change it to something more useful?

My cooking is like my lovemaking - fast, greasy, and unsatisfying.

reaver2145
Satanic Lobster Buttplug With Hidden Unicorn.
#2 - 2011-12-23 16:26:16 UTC
You got something for christmas and your not even grateful you just "dont want it" why dont you ask ccp if they kept the receipt you spoiled little brat
Bridget Helm
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-12-23 16:28:31 UTC
Minta Contha
Emergent Entity
#4 - 2011-12-23 16:30:02 UTC
reaver2145 wrote:
You got something for christmas and your not even grateful you just "dont want it" why dont you ask ccp if they kept the receipt you spoiled little brat

Well done for contributing. I bet your parents are really proud of you. Do you PVP? Bet you'd like new mining ship then. Do you mine? Here, have an interceptor :P

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#5 - 2011-12-23 16:31:27 UTC
I think this is much more helpful. Answers to all questions about your gifts.

Now stop bit****ng about free s***.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Minta Contha
Emergent Entity
#6 - 2011-12-23 16:32:02 UTC

Thanks for that. It states the gift list should appear in my account management queue. I checked in there at the time and saw no list of gifts, therefore it's not just me being stupid. I shall file a petition.

Anazzar
Polaris Space Industries
#7 - 2011-12-23 16:32:48 UTC
The remap was probably set as the default choice as its easily the most valuable (they were gonna be sold for plex so that puts their value between 350 mill and priceless).

The rest of the items were calculated to be worth 30-50 mill not sure about the implant.

What gift were you wanting instead? the remap stacks with current remaps and doesn't reset the timer, I didn't need it for my alt atm but I know it will be valuable in the future due to the erratic nature of my skillque.
reaver2145
Satanic Lobster Buttplug With Hidden Unicorn.
#8 - 2011-12-23 16:36:09 UTC
Aww was that meant to try and hurt my feeling.

It didnt work and your tears just prove how much of a brat you are a stupid one at that its not ccps fault that you cant read and choose something you want its yours.

Oh and bring my parents into this what are you a little kiddie trying to insult me that line is used so much it has no meaning anymore.

PS. yes i am happy with my new mining ship my battle rorqual makes L33T pvpers like yourself (with a attitude like that you must be soo much better than everyone els) warp right to it where its heavy drones/nutes eat it alive.
Munio J Makeanen
United Starbase Systems
#9 - 2011-12-23 16:36:58 UTC
Someone chose something else then the remap ?

Muahahahahahahahah

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#10 - 2011-12-23 20:16:09 UTC
Munio J Makeanen wrote:

Sure. I have a shiny new monocle. Or I did. Now I have another 1.3b in my wallet. Not all of us are so OCD as to need to remap whenever the mood strikes.

Mr Epeen Cool
Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#11 - 2011-12-23 20:59:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Nirnias Stirrum
Maybe if you tried logging into your forum account and check your account and then clicked on the huge ass blue banner with snowflakes on it that read something akin to "CHOOSE YOUR FREE CHRISTMAS GIFT FROM CCP NOW" in capital letters. then actually choose from the list of gifts you wouldnt of created this thread..

swear to F***k some people just need their hand held 24/7

and to answer your original question. Yes your just stupid.
Lauren Hellfury
Super Happy Awesome Fun Times
#12 - 2011-12-23 21:16:49 UTC
Ah me. The real spirit of Christmas.

Help rid New Eden of T2 BPOs: ** https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62797 **The Full Pocket Aggro blog:  http://fullpocketaggro.blogspot.com/ **Now showing: **Margin Trading Scams

Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2011-12-23 21:38:12 UTC
Lauren Hellfury wrote:
Ah me. The real spirit of Christmas.

I was not aware that real spirit of Christmas was Lauren Hellfury

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-12-23 22:14:10 UTC
I haven't selected anything...don't even care. If I get something...cool...if not...cool.

Best Christmas gift I could ever get would be Goonswarm having their balls stomped on by White Noise and subsequently kicked out of Deklein.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

BrokenBC
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-12-25 08:27:51 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
I haven't selected anything...don't even care. If I get something...cool...if not...cool.

Best Christmas gift I could ever get would be Goonswarm having their balls stomped on by White Noise and subsequently kicked out of Deklein.

LOL Not going to happen.White noise will be back in empire soon. Branch is burning.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#16 - 2011-12-25 09:28:50 UTC
Quote:
Blessed be the ignorant, they shall not get gifts.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2011-12-25 10:04:39 UTC
Please submit a petition under 'Billing and Account', 'Reactivation Offers' if you did not get to choose a Christmas gift. This is not a guarantee that a gift will be issued but GM Q and the billing GM's have been regular little Santas Smile

Please also note that over the holiday period there will be a delay in petition responses so please be patient.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#18 - 2011-12-25 11:15:28 UTC
Munio J Makeanen wrote:

Muahahahahahahahah

Yes - I had leadership skills trained up on my accounts way before remaps became available, so I never remapped because I wont be able to set my charisma as low as it is now once I remapped.
Only reason to get the remap would have been planning to sell one of my characters anytime soon, which I don't intend to do...
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Bane Loppknow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2011-12-25 13:37:15 UTC
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i didnt get to pick which of the FREE gifts i got because im a lazy **** and dont log in to EVE but twice a month and i close all the little windows without reading them and i apparently never check the forums for anything other than my own whines waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Is how I read the OP.
Liam Mirren
#20 - 2011-12-25 13:42:14 UTC
People blaming others for their own lack of effort, business as usual.

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

12Next page