These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Claiming your Holiday Gift

First post First post
Author
Necronym
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#121 - 2011-12-23 07:01:10 UTC
Atleast I picked the arum on 1 of 3 accounts thanks ccp I could have had my monocle
Ludovigo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2011-12-23 07:28:05 UTC
Bah thanks for nothing CCP, Away for a while whit a active running account and miss the gift selection days.

Not going to leave a long rant, (done that in a petition :P ) , but im out of here, had a taste of sw:tor while I was away and want more, also a bad company but at least they are honest about it.

fly save folks, watch the Sccpamers.
Midori Amiiko
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2011-12-23 08:17:49 UTC
I too missed the gift...would have seen the banner ad but the client update notification was in the way.
If I scoured the forums/website every time that happened...well, I'd waste a lot of time on the forums when I could be making things go kablooey. I'm not mad. I'm disappointed.
Thwarted expectations are the mother of suffering. Therefore I have no one to blame but myself.

I feel bad for CCP. They try to be Cool but end up doing Evil things. Then everybody gets mad.
Amplify
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2011-12-23 09:34:33 UTC
Only visit the account management page once per year because you're a long time subscriber? CCP cancels your Christmas.

NO GIFTS FOR YOU!
Rada Ionesco
Club a Seal
#125 - 2011-12-23 09:45:14 UTC
All the crying over people choosing the wrong gifts, really? Read things before you start tearing the wrapping paper off of stuff. Clown shoes.

So if we have no redeem items notifications at all in the login screen do we petition? I have three active accounts and no redeem items.
Rada Ionesco
Club a Seal
#126 - 2011-12-23 09:46:16 UTC
Rada Ionesco wrote:
All the crying over people choosing the wrong gifts, really? Read things before you start tearing the wrapping paper off of stuff. Clown shoes.

So if we have no redeem items notifications at all in the login screen do we petition? I have three active accounts and no redeem items.

Maybe I misunderstood, is it accessed through the account management page only?
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#127 - 2011-12-23 10:02:46 UTC
Rada Ionesco wrote:

You missed the part where people choose stuff and then they changed it then changed it back a few days later.

It was poorly executed and handled and communicated. Now they get to deal with swarms of petitions.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

malaire
#128 - 2011-12-23 10:59:11 UTC
Mel Styles wrote:
I selected the remap option when the gifts were first announced, but apparently the reworking of the neural remap gift erased all record of my selection, so now I get nothing. Oh wait, I see some coal in my stocking!

I also selected remap option early - and I did get that remap on both accounts. And somewhere CCP said that if you chose remap before it was temporarily disabled your option is remembered.

So just make a petition if you didn't get your remap.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Captain Kyon
Z5-x02E07F Kultures
Xagenic Freymvork
#129 - 2011-12-23 11:42:45 UTC
if there was any notification about the gifts then i missed it cause this time of the year is really busy for me. since last week i put month long skills to train on my accounts cause i know i wouldn't have the time until after christmas. but last night when i got home from work i just clicked on my eve tab on the browser and i saw "Christmas gifts are now in the redeeming system." and i was like WTF... they gave out free gifts and i wasn't aware? but i'm not making it an issue or "crying" over it. i just think that if there were gift for all of eve's loyal players then it should be for all. and atleast the expiry date for redeeming the gift should've been late this year (after christmas) to give everyone a fair chance. but as i said it isn't an issue with me
Qual
Knights of a Once Square Table INC.
#130 - 2011-12-23 12:51:18 UTC
Next time my local supermarket hands out free stuff and does not contact me multiple times personally to advice me about it so I dont miss out, I am also sooooo going to stand in front of the shop protesting. Like, totally...

As for people playing the whole Christmas spirit part of GIVING, perhaps you should also remember the FORGIVING part... Just a thought...
NARDAC
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#131 - 2011-12-23 13:39:14 UTC
I too did not understand that I had to log into account management to select a gift. I thought the gift selection would be done through the redemption system. I kept expecting redemption to show up at character selection, and it never did.

CCP is so lame. They completely fail to understand thier user base.

It was in the newsletter. Yeah, like I waste time reading more than the headline.

Was it my fault I didn't get the gift? Sure.

Does CCP's pathetic track record of epic failure to understand the customer continue? YEP!

They just do not get it.
Mnengli Noiliffe
Doomheim
#132 - 2011-12-23 13:43:28 UTC
BUT I WANTED A REMAP FOR ANOTHER CHAR. IT DID NOT SAY SO WHEN I CHOSE THE REMAP.

sorry for caps but this makes no sense to me.

oh and this is not about the account this char is on, it applies to another one.

why can't CCP do anything without some sort of screwup
malaire
#133 - 2011-12-23 14:13:25 UTC
Mnengli Noiliffe wrote:
BUT I WANTED A REMAP FOR ANOTHER CHAR. IT DID NOT SAY SO WHEN I CHOSE THE REMAP.

sorry for caps but this makes no sense to me.

oh and this is not about the account this char is on, it applies to another one.

why can't CCP do anything without some sort of screwup

Remap was given to char with most SP on account. You can petition to get it moved to other character on same account - my petition about this was handled in less than 1 day. For petition use group "Billing & Account" and category "Reactivation Offers" as was said earlier in this thread.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Omega Tron
Edge Dancers
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#134 - 2011-12-23 14:23:48 UTC
Thank you CCP for the gift selections.

Merry Christmas

and

Happy New Year.....

WAR is coming.....

CCP's sand box is EVE Online.  The sand is owned by CCP.  We pay them a monthly fee to throw the sand at each other.  That is all that is here, so move along. Nothing more to be seen.

Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2011-12-23 15:11:05 UTC
malaire wrote:
Remap was given to char with most SP on account. You can petition to get it moved to other character on same account - my petition about this was handled in less than 1 day. For petition use group "Billing & Account" and category "Reactivation Offers" as was said earlier in this thread.

Heh. I got a GM that did not know that 1 regular and 2 bonus remaps on new characters is now "normal" on new'ish characters and does not mean that the gift has been moved there.
Awaiting feedback on my explanation of the mechanic.... Big smile
runwithit
Doomheim
#136 - 2011-12-23 15:25:22 UTC
I dont have redeem options on any of my accounts, where do u find it?

Should be at character selection screen right?
Jake McCord
Greater Metropolis Sanitation Service
#137 - 2011-12-23 15:32:31 UTC
runwithit wrote:

Apparently, you had to go to the account management screen of eveonline.com and pick your gift from a large selection. This had to be done by the 21st, EVE time. Then, starting on the 22nd, they'd start showing up on the character selection page with the redeem button.

If you didn't make a selection, you're screwed.

Bah Humbug

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way! Did I mention, I used to live in Chicago?

Rawnie
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#138 - 2011-12-23 15:56:50 UTC
Jake McCord wrote:
runwithit wrote:

Apparently, you had to go to the account management screen of eveonline.com and pick your gift from a large selection. This had to be done by the 21st, EVE time. Then, starting on the 22nd, they'd start showing up on the character selection page with the redeem button.

Bah Humbug

Thanks CCP. Great way to hand out gifts.

Princess Luyuan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2011-12-23 16:20:15 UTC
Rawnie wrote:
Jake McCord wrote:
runwithit wrote:

Bah Humbug

Thanks CCP. Great way to hand out gifts.

??? And how often does anyone log into their Account page???

I can count the number of times that I've ever done that (having needed to) on two hands, sticking to the old method of "Here's your free Frigate on the Char Selection Page" would probably have met with a lot more success.
Fam Trinly
Russian SOBR
DarkSide.
#140 - 2011-12-23 16:31:16 UTC
Amplify wrote:
Only visit the account management page once per year because you're a long time subscriber? CCP cancels your Christmas.

NO GIFTS FOR YOU!

+1 Oops

CCP - I was good all the year, but you are Bad Santa ! X

I have my job and a lot of pre-New Year preparation work, not much time for play EVE everyday Ugh
and have not time to "checking every day account management site" (have no idea why I should check it out wherever, until I wish to give an extended trial invitation to my friends, or change the payment method)

I'm disappointed, CCP - you probably failed gifts delivery mission.

IdeaI wish to have an "Forgived Cristmas Gifts Reactivation" option in "Billing" section in petition manager