These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Something that really annoys me

Author
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#21 - 2015-03-12 08:31:48 UTC
You do know that you can easily clear any depots in 2 days (this include the wait of the reinforce timer).
For the small "consequence" of being suspect for 2 x 15 minutes

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Errata Sum
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-03-12 08:49:11 UTC
Something that annoys me is the amount of shiptoasting tryhard trolls in this forum.
Lister Vindaloo
5 Tons of Flax
#23 - 2015-03-12 09:20:37 UTC
If that's the worst thing that happened to you in New Eden today, then it's been a good day, maybe you need to spend more time enjoying yourself and less time worrying about how other corps advertise?

Personally what I really hate is when people whine on the forums about something that doesn't matter, at least you've seen their ads and made an opinion about them, have you ever even looked at the forums section devoted to corp recruitment? No, barely anyone else has either.....
Niobe Song
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-03-12 10:13:40 UTC
There should be big recruitment billboards with rentable space either by star gates or on the screen in our captain quarters (for those few who have not turned it off).
BrundleMeth
Black Parrot
National Development and Reform Commission
#25 - 2015-03-12 11:02:15 UTC
Wow...Of all the things to complain about....please Biomass.


And no I don't want your stuff...
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#26 - 2015-03-12 13:56:32 UTC
Niobe Song wrote:
There should be big recruitment billboards with rentable space either by star gates or on the screen in our captain quarters (for those few who have not turned it off).



This would make a lot more sense. It's unsightly, but not really a big deal in my opinion.

If I recall correctly, measures were taken by CCP years ago to stop or at least reduce space jump due to server concerns. Cans disappear if not accessed, insta bookmarks were removed, etc. Maybe servier load isn't an issue anymore so they don't care now.

No good deed goes unpunished

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#27 - 2015-03-12 14:26:05 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Quote:
Something that really annoys me



Those damned post-it notes with the alternating sticky edges! Those things annoy the crap out of me. Its like an OCD guys worst nightmare. The problem is THEY LOOK JUST LIKE THE NORMAL POST-IT PADS! **** the box of chocolates Forest, when it comes to office supplies you never know what youre going to get! You write a note on the first page, and its right side up, then you right a note on the second page.. AND ITS UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!! Who the hell thought up these things!??!!?!!? What was wrong with original post-its? Do you know what happens to an upside down post-it when you put it on a wall? Within an hour it falls off! Its curls over slowly and PEELS ITSELF OFF THE DAMN WALL. Its to the point now that when I write on one, and its one of the upside down ones, I throw it away and start over on a new one. I know that I can just turn the pad around and itll be right side up.. but I do what like 80% of officefolk do.. and peel off the back page and stick it to my desk next to the phone so it doesn't move around while im writing. That adhesive isn't very good, and if I were to unstick it and turn it around, then after like 3 times the adhesive would stop sticking and id have to throw the bottom page away. Ok.. I know that if I did that, Id be wasting less paper.. but math isn't my strong suit and I reject your idea because that my prerogative.


Those alternating post-it pads are great toys - very slinky-like. But as actual office tools, yes they suck. I think you're supposed to tuck them into a special container that works like a kleenex box for dispensing post-its.

All in all, I agree though - these are far more annoying than anchored cans in hisec.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#28 - 2015-03-12 14:44:34 UTC
Title wrote:
Something that really annoys me
...is people that haven't got a clue how to do a basic overview setup after more than a month in the game.

Mr Epeen Cool
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#29 - 2015-03-12 15:43:25 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Quote:
Something that really annoys me



Those damned post-it notes with the alternating sticky edges! Those things annoy the crap out of me. Its like an OCD guys worst nightmare. The problem is THEY LOOK JUST LIKE THE NORMAL POST-IT PADS! **** the box of chocolates Forest, when it comes to office supplies you never know what youre going to get! You write a note on the first page, and its right side up, then you right a note on the second page.. AND ITS UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!! Who the hell thought up these things!??!!?!!? What was wrong with original post-its? Do you know what happens to an upside down post-it when you put it on a wall? Within an hour it falls off! Its curls over slowly and PEELS ITSELF OFF THE DAMN WALL. Its to the point now that when I write on one, and its one of the upside down ones, I throw it away and start over on a new one. I know that I can just turn the pad around and itll be right side up.. but I do what like 80% of officefolk do.. and peel off the back page and stick it to my desk next to the phone so it doesn't move around while im writing. That adhesive isn't very good, and if I were to unstick it and turn it around, then after like 3 times the adhesive would stop sticking and id have to throw the bottom page away. Ok.. I know that if I did that, Id be wasting less paper.. but math isn't my strong suit and I reject your idea because that my prerogative.


Amen my brother...Amen.

I hate those things, to the point where I just buy my own post-it pads (the old school regular ones that worked perfectly and still do).



Then again, those do not have the slinky feeling to them when you're toying with them while you have to wait on something.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#30 - 2015-03-12 15:44:37 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Title wrote:
Something that really annoys me
...is people that haven't got a clue how to do a basic overview setup after more than a month in the game.

Mr Epeen Cool


tbh, I have a special overview for those cans...so I can read them, look up the corp and laugh how terrible they are.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2015-03-12 17:57:32 UTC
EVE is real: including pollution and excessive advertising.

I think it's beautiful.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#32 - 2015-03-12 19:38:54 UTC
Orlacc wrote:
d0cTeR9 wrote:
It used to be a bannable offense to spam containers... Now apparently you can do it... heck it's even encourage to catch cloakies at gate camps... Lol



Bannable? When was this?



back in the day, before TiDi, it used to be, and still might be idk, bannable to surround a gate with bubbles and cans. Or in some cases shuttles. The point was that when someone jumped into the system they would lag out so bad that it was very easy to nuke them. I had an alliance mate do this in out null sec enterence, a gm came by and told him to remove the cans. He had to eventually ask the gm to sit there so he could remove them without getting shot (the people he was trying to catch started poping him as he removed the cans) this was in like 06/07 iirc.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#33 - 2015-03-12 19:48:45 UTC
You should try opening some of those "annoying" cans... some of us have been known to forget where we hid our goodies... or were just too drunk one night and farted out the can and forget about it, PLEXs and everything else that was stuffed inside... I personally go on quite the bender after reading dev blogs. Medicinal, of course. Numbs the idiocy of the printed word.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#34 - 2015-03-12 23:22:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
DaReaper wrote:
Orlacc wrote:
d0cTeR9 wrote:
It used to be a bannable offense to spam containers... Now apparently you can do it... heck it's even encourage to catch cloakies at gate camps... Lol



Bannable? When was this?



back in the day, before TiDi, it used to be, and still might be idk, bannable to surround a gate with bubbles and cans. Or in some cases shuttles. The point was that when someone jumped into the system they would lag out so bad that it was very easy to nuke them. I had an alliance mate do this in out null sec enterence, a gm came by and told him to remove the cans. He had to eventually ask the gm to sit there so he could remove them without getting shot (the people he was trying to catch started poping him as he removed the cans) this was in like 06/07 iirc.



Intentionally causing lag still is bannable (or at least I never heard of it becoming "legal").

Of course with TiDi it should be quite difficult to actually cause lag nowadays. I still recall rather frequent threads from people complaining about Null-Sec battles that went like: Jump into system, have 30 minutes session change, only to finally load into station because they got popped and podded by the fleet already on grid.

Nowadays people complain about "unfair" reinforcements because the neighborhood runs in normal time while the battle goes at 10% speed....

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#35 - 2015-03-13 00:43:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Quote:
Something that really annoys me



Those damned post-it notes with the alternating sticky edges! Those things annoy the crap out of me. Its like an OCD guys worst nightmare. The problem is THEY LOOK JUST LIKE THE NORMAL POST-IT PADS! **** the box of chocolates Forest, when it comes to office supplies you never know what youre going to get! You write a note on the first page, and its right side up, then you right a note on the second page.. AND ITS UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!! Who the hell thought up these things!??!!?!!? What was wrong with original post-its? Do you know what happens to an upside down post-it when you put it on a wall? Within an hour it falls off! Its curls over slowly and PEELS ITSELF OFF THE DAMN WALL. Its to the point now that when I write on one, and its one of the upside down ones, I throw it away and start over on a new one. I know that I can just turn the pad around and itll be right side up.. but I do what like 80% of officefolk do.. and peel off the back page and stick it to my desk next to the phone so it doesn't move around while im writing. That adhesive isn't very good, and if I were to unstick it and turn it around, then after like 3 times the adhesive would stop sticking and id have to throw the bottom page away. Ok.. I know that if I did that, Id be wasting less paper.. but math isn't my strong suit and I reject your idea because that my prerogative.

You are right on, UaE. If you're in a hurry and not careful, the Post-It note ends up written on upside down. So you have to remove it, redo, and replace. Otherwise you look like a senile grandma who can't keep track of which end is up with your Post-Its. Builds no confidence in your executive decision making abilities at all.

Even worse is the double-jeopardy bonus room: Where you pulled that note off, and were so exasperated that you messed up writing up the next one. Had to do an unacceptable cross-out. And the next Post-It up is another upside down one. If you're 'leet, you spotted that. If not, you're up for some more Post-Its karma cycles....
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#36 - 2015-03-13 01:21:25 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Quote:
Something that really annoys me



Those damned post-it notes with the alternating sticky edges! Those things annoy the crap out of me. Its like an OCD guys worst nightmare. The problem is THEY LOOK JUST LIKE THE NORMAL POST-IT PADS! **** the box of chocolates Forest, when it comes to office supplies you never know what youre going to get! You write a note on the first page, and its right side up, then you right a note on the second page.. AND ITS UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!! Who the hell thought up these things!??!!?!!? What was wrong with original post-its? Do you know what happens to an upside down post-it when you put it on a wall? Within an hour it falls off! Its curls over slowly and PEELS ITSELF OFF THE DAMN WALL. Its to the point now that when I write on one, and its one of the upside down ones, I throw it away and start over on a new one. I know that I can just turn the pad around and itll be right side up.. but I do what like 80% of officefolk do.. and peel off the back page and stick it to my desk next to the phone so it doesn't move around while im writing. That adhesive isn't very good, and if I were to unstick it and turn it around, then after like 3 times the adhesive would stop sticking and id have to throw the bottom page away. Ok.. I know that if I did that, Id be wasting less paper.. but math isn't my strong suit and I reject your idea because that my prerogative.

You are right on, UaE. If you're in a hurry and not careful, the Post-It note ends up written on upside down. So you have to remove it, redo, and replace. Otherwise you look like a senile grandma who can't keep track of which end is up with your Post-Its. Builds no confidence in your executive decision making abilities at all.

Even worse is the double-jeopardy bonus room: Where you pulled that note off, and were so exasperated that you messed up writing up the next one. Had to do an unacceptable cross-out. And the next Post-It up is another upside down one. If you're 'leet, you spotted that. If not, you're up for some more Post-Its karma cycles....

**** post-its!

I just pull out my Sharpie and write on whatever is handy. My desk, my monitor, my arm, the wall, anywhere is fine really. Been a couple of years now and I still have at least another five years of space left to fill on the various surfaces within writing distance.

We got by just fine before post-its and I see no need to start using them now.

Mr Epeen Cool
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#37 - 2015-03-13 02:05:48 UTC
Alessienne Ellecon wrote:
I've seen this many times, from system to system: corps leaving out mobile depots or empty freight containers labelled with a recruitment message.


They do it because full freight containers would cost more.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Previous page12