These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Questions about Incarna

First post
Author
Alessienne Ellecon
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-03-12 16:59:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Alessienne Ellecon
There's a door in every station and the atmosphere behind it is never yet ready for capsuleers. I'm told that behind the door lies a not-yet-implemented Second Life-style interaction environment. When is CCP going to open the door?

Sometimes, when I'm in quarters, the couch options are greyed out. Is that a bug, or is there something else that triggers it?

And why do I sometimes get purple-tinted vision when entering quarters?
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-03-12 16:59:53 UTC
Sigh

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Alessienne Ellecon
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-03-12 17:01:42 UTC
What? Those are perfectly legitimate questions. Don't be an ass.
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#4 - 2015-03-12 17:10:56 UTC
Alessienne Ellecon wrote:
There's a door in every station and the atmosphere behind it is never yet ready for capsuleers. I'm told that behind the door lies a not-yet-implemented Second Life-style interaction environment. When is CCP going to open the door?

It's not currently on their development plan. If you're new, there was a sort of perfect storm of badness a few years ago surrounding the Incarna release, which despite its name featured one CQ (the Minmatar one) and a terrible framerate. As it stands, CCP is trying to determine whether it's even worth keeping the stub that we have.

Sometimes, when I'm in quarters, the couch options are greyed out. Is that a bug, or is there something else that triggers it?

You have to be right near the front of the couch, because, well, perfect storm of badness.

Probably the same reason I occasionally get full-blown acid trips in CQ.

FYI, there's a thread about it here.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-03-12 17:12:18 UTC
Search.

Function.

Grrr.

Paranoid Loyd
#6 - 2015-03-12 17:15:56 UTC

The first time sure but redundant is redundant. This must be is WIS thread #56780530.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Errata Sum
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-03-12 17:25:42 UTC

Expecting posters not to be an ass in this section of the forum is expecting too much, I'm afraid.

But the answer to your question is that the implementation of walking in stations managed to disappoint those who wanted it whilst making those who didn't want it hate the idea even more. Many jimmies were rustled, many tears were shed. Now CCP won't touch the issue with a bargepole.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#8 - 2015-03-12 17:37:00 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

The first time sure but redundant is redundant. This must be is WIS thread #56780530.

Come on now.. the spreadsheet says this is WiS thread #23,844,411. Stop exaggerating.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-03-12 17:49:06 UTC
Well, its been a couple of weeks since the last one, by my count we were overdue by two days. Commence the fifty pages of bitter recrimination and self-serving half-truths.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-03-12 17:51:25 UTC

We only bump ships in a suggestive way in this game. The avatar is a lie.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Paranoid Loyd
#11 - 2015-03-12 17:52:53 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
Well, its been a couple of weeks since the last one, by my count we were overdue by two days. Commence the fifty pages of bitter recrimination and self-serving half-truths.

Nah, last post in the one that has been left open was four days ago.

Fix the Prospect!

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#12 - 2015-03-12 18:10:47 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Sigh

THIS IS NOT AN EMPTY QUOTE AND YES I'M SHOUTING THIS AT MY MONITOR IN REAL LIFE.

Mr Epeen Cool
Vyl Vit
#13 - 2015-03-12 18:15:09 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Sigh
this in spades

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Vyl Vit
#14 - 2015-03-12 18:16:14 UTC
You don't be asinine and we'll try not to be asses. Deal?

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#15 - 2015-03-12 18:29:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Probably never, they over-promised, under-delivered and managed to lose a considerable number of subs with the Incarna release, micro(lol)transactions and the associated internal leaks as well as the subsequent troll like responses from some CCP staff in reply to customer concerns.

Quote:

Be thankful it's just that, the initial release of the CQ had a nasty habit of turning graphics cards into radiant heaters.

TL;DR CCP are unlikely to touch avatar based gameplay with a 10 foot pole for the foreseeable future, unless someone comes up with a way to make it meaningful gameplay without compromising on the spaceship side of things.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#16 - 2015-03-12 19:28:43 UTC
lord.. there was a thread about this thats 9 pages long yesterday.. search... use it.

Reported for redundancy

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-03-12 19:33:50 UTC
Probably that stuff you're smoking. Can I haz?

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Jenshae Chiroptera
#18 - 2015-03-12 19:38:17 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=404530

Someone bumped it for you.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#19 - 2015-03-12 19:44:35 UTC

You need a "Deactivated Station Key Pass" before you can open that door...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#20 - 2015-03-12 20:01:34 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:

You need a "Deactivated Station Key Pass" before you can open that door...

If it's deactivated, you are going nowhere. You need activated one.
12Next page