These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Fozzie Sov is the Wrong Sov: An alternate vision

First post
Author
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#41 - 2015-03-12 16:59:17 UTC
lmbo
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#42 - 2015-03-12 17:02:27 UTC
i'd say this was a desperate attempt to make sov revolve around the one thing nc. can do better than others, but...well, b-r
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#43 - 2015-03-12 17:05:03 UTC
"we can't do anything right, so the game should be redesigned to simply reward whoever happens to be oldest and richest", says the faltering corporation that forgot it is no longer the richest
Endie von Posts
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2015-03-12 17:06:12 UTC
I bet you Fozzie feels pretty silly right now!

Cometh the hour, cometh the Finfleet member.
Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2015-03-12 17:30:24 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Tykonderoga wrote:
In terms of isk and time they are the end game of ships, to me. Marginalize them or delete them, and there is nothing for me to strive for. Finally, people love to kill them and kill them regularly. There is not the same excitement over the death of an Ishtar or a battleship for me.

Ok, first, Supercaps were the single biggest mistake CCP ever made. The rationale behind them is ridiculous, and they started an arms race that has basically shut anyone who doesn't have one (or a couple dozen at this point) into a secondary role in large parts of the game. Hell having just one is actually worse than having none, because people will expend large amounts of energy trying to find it and kill it. This is considered to be a bad thing by large parts of the community. The cry death to all supers did not originate with some lowly highsec pubbie.

Second, I fixed your quote. All of that is your opinion. Supers are in no way MY end game content. I'll strap myself into a space coffin the day after they turn the servers off for good. If you have nothing to strive for but flying your ePeen Machine around - well, thems the breaks. Everyone's favorite ship gets nerfed to hell and back at some point. Please find me a use for a hurricane that isn't done better, cheaper, and faster by a T3 or a HAC.

Do supers generate a lot of excitement? That's debateable. Sure everyone wants to kill one - it's epeen, and frankly, if I could get one on my killboard, I could lose Gilas all day every day and still smile like a bufoon. That does not, however, in any way mean that they are good for the long term health of the game. And by and large, the only time people really talk about them for any length of time is when several dozen of them all go boom at once. Dunking a single super used to make news. Now they make the ALOD column.

Totally untrue. As it is, supers and titans are rarely used. What you want for them is a death penalty.
Mostlyharmlesss
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2015-03-12 17:47:06 UTC
I fully support this so we can kill your titans again.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest regarding GoonSwarm Federation and our recruitment drives!

Iain Cariaba
#47 - 2015-03-12 17:47:25 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
Tykonderoga wrote:
In terms of isk and time they are the end game of ships, to me. Marginalize them or delete them, and there is nothing for me to strive for. Finally, people love to kill them and kill them regularly. There is not the same excitement over the death of an Ishtar or a battleship for me.

Ok, first, Supercaps were the single biggest mistake CCP ever made. The rationale behind them is ridiculous, and they started an arms race that has basically shut anyone who doesn't have one (or a couple dozen at this point) into a secondary role in large parts of the game. Hell having just one is actually worse than having none, because people will expend large amounts of energy trying to find it and kill it. This is considered to be a bad thing by large parts of the community. The cry death to all supers did not originate with some lowly highsec pubbie.

Second, I fixed your quote. All of that is your opinion. Supers are in no way MY end game content. I'll strap myself into a space coffin the day after they turn the servers off for good. If you have nothing to strive for but flying your ePeen Machine around - well, thems the breaks. Everyone's favorite ship gets nerfed to hell and back at some point. Please find me a use for a hurricane that isn't done better, cheaper, and faster by a T3 or a HAC.

Do supers generate a lot of excitement? That's debateable. Sure everyone wants to kill one - it's epeen, and frankly, if I could get one on my killboard, I could lose Gilas all day every day and still smile like a bufoon. That does not, however, in any way mean that they are good for the long term health of the game. And by and large, the only time people really talk about them for any length of time is when several dozen of them all go boom at once. Dunking a single super used to make news. Now they make the ALOD column.

Totally untrue. As it is, supers and titans are rarely used. What you want for them is a death penalty.

If supers and titans are rarely ever used even before the big nerf, then there should be no problem in removing them from the game. Let them die. Your whining plea for relevance in the game measures right up there with a highsec miner's constant cries to nerf ganking.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#48 - 2015-03-12 17:59:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Samillian
Iain Cariaba wrote:
If supers and titans are rarely ever used even before the big nerf, then there should be no problem in removing them from the game. Let them die. Your whining plea for relevance in the game measures right up there with a highsec miner's constant cries to nerf ganking.

Good points, well made.

Although I can't see the total elimination of that horrendous error the super capital ever happening I shall continue to dream of an EvE free of them.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2015-03-12 18:05:34 UTC
Says the people who don't fly them or understand them but merely prattle out of ignorance and jealousy.
Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2015-03-12 18:06:31 UTC
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:
I fully support this so we can kill your titans again.

It was fun though.
Innominate
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2015-03-12 18:10:25 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:

And what you want them for is to fulfil a power fantasy that has no place in a multiplayer game.
Iain Cariaba
#52 - 2015-03-12 18:46:35 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:
Says the people who don't fly them or understand them but merely prattle out of ignorance and jealousy.

The biggest problem with supers is that they provide people a undeserved feeling of elite superiority. You were able to make a second account, get a train queue from EveMon, set skills to train on this new alt, then go do something else while only logging on the super alt when you need to change skills. Once you've done this, your delusions of mediocrity make you think your epeen is so big that no one else's opinions matter except those with equally large epeens. So far, in this thread and the last thread you made on this that got locked, your entire argument is based on your belief that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong for the sheer fact that they don't have giant epeens.

I can fly either a Nyx or an Aeon. I have completed the CFC's requirements to fly either in fleet. My dislike of supers is an informed choice.

So, let me say it again. Delete All Supers.
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#53 - 2015-03-12 19:11:54 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Tykonderoga wrote:

The biggest problem with supers is that they provide people a undeserved feeling of elite superiority. You were able to make a second account, get a train queue from EveMon, set skills to train on this new alt, then go do something else while only logging on the super alt when you need to change skills. Once you've done this, your delusions of mediocrity make you think your epeen is so big that no one else's opinions matter except those with equally large epeens. So far, in this thread and the last thread you made on this that got locked, your entire argument is based on your belief that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong for the sheer fact that they don't have giant epeens.

I can fly either a Nyx or an Aeon. I have completed the CFC's requirements to fly either in fleet. My dislike of supers is an informed choice.

So, let me say it again. Delete All Supers.

this is actually the long way to do it

the short way is to buy a supercap pilot from the character bazaar

that is pretty much what i did to get MY SUPERCAPITAL SHIP
SoraXIII
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#54 - 2015-03-12 19:24:48 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Tykonderoga wrote:

your epeen is so big that no one else's opinions matter except those with equally large epeens. So far, in this thread and the last thread you made on this that got locked, your entire argument is based on your belief that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong for the sheer fact that they don't have giant epeens.

Nah it's much simpler, if you aren't Tykonderoga you don't matter to Tykonderoga.

Game designers need to look at all aspects of a game and make smart non biased decisions that benefit as many players as possible. In a game where one mechanic has a knock on effect on another you can't just go hmmm I like supers so let's make them overpowered and screw the other 99% they are noobs anyway what do they know.

Also whining about how bad an idea this is at this early stage is pointless, save it for the dev blog.

Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2015-03-12 19:55:07 UTC
Well, how can a person talk intelligently about something they have no experience with? Honest question.
Tykonderoga
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2015-03-12 19:55:59 UTC
Honest question.
Iain Cariaba
#57 - 2015-03-12 20:31:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Iain Cariaba
Tykonderoga wrote:
Well, how can a person talk intelligently about something they have no experience with? Honest question.

There are people who talk intelligently about black holes without ever having experienced one.

Edit: Thread reported for ranting. You obviously don't want to discuss this, as anyone who doesn't validate ypur opinion is irrelevant to you because we don't need to compensate for things by swinging the biggest epeen.
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2015-03-12 20:47:50 UTC
Tykonderoga wrote:

well how are you talking about sov warfare in any sense besides "drop supercaps on it"

oh wait i see, talk intelligently, missed that bit
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#59 - 2015-03-12 21:35:23 UTC
As there already is a thread on the same topic, this one gets a lock.

The Rules:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss.
If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost.
Please keep discussion regarding a topic to a single thread.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Previous page123