These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Exactly how safe is null sec supposed to be, anyhow?

Author
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2011-12-22 23:44:06 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
WHY IS SUCH WORTHLESS SPACE UNDER SO MUCH CONFLICT?!

I figured that the small-gang e-honor retards all got together and ended up down there for ~wulfpax~ and ~gudfites~.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Yuki Crowfeet
Doomheim
#22 - 2011-12-22 23:51:53 UTC
I've been flying around the north (Geminate, Vale, Venal and Branch) as a complete neutral with no standings at all and the only times I've been podded when I didn't want to be was due to bubbles. In my limited experience it's been pretty safe and mostly empty. Although I hear the south is somewhat more dangerous.

0.0 Investigation I am flying around the depths of space interviewing pilots about their experiences. In-game channel: EIES

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2011-12-23 00:08:01 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
even provi is has more conflict than the north right now.

Quoted for confusion.
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#24 - 2011-12-23 00:24:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Spank
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:
Which part of via local do you not understand. Pretty tired of moronic NPC alt posters.

And you care why ? Because you are weaker and your opponent is too strong..
Crying because you cant defeat them is really pathetic..

HTFU ..

I post on these discussions with the game in mind, not personal issues. I don't hunt PVE players nor do I PVE much myself. I have the development of New Eden in my heart while you appear to have shitposting as your goal. Gtfo.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Shellshock Bob
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-12-23 00:25:32 UTC
I've never had any problems moving around as i wanted. Both in a null alliance and not. TBH i feel safer in null than i do highsec. never know who's going to gank you for the lulz in high. Big smile

In Regards to the OP...how safe SHOULD null be? In my opinion, It should be as safe as the players make it. Have a standing defense fleet in system? your indy/ratters should be safe then. cant be arsed to defend your own space? well then you deserve any roaming gangs/cloakers that come your way.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2011-12-23 00:27:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Lady Spank wrote:
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:
Which part of via local do you not understand. Pretty tired of moronic NPC alt posters.

HTFU ..

I post on these discussions with the game in mind, not personal issues. I don't hunt PVE players nor do I PVE much myself. I have the development of New Eden in my heart while you appear to have shitposting as your goal. Gtfo.

Well, for me it seems your only goal is to increase your self-esteem by trying to belittle other posters with meaningless non-sense.

Just another nobody who doing exactly same thing as other posters, yet thinks its superior to others.. Sorry GTFO

P.S. Anyway i dont judge your opinions, nor the way you present them, just your reaction to someone who dont fully agree or is less informed.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-12-23 00:30:00 UTC
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
Just another nobody who doing exactly same thing as other posters

This is your best post yet, Jaroslav.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2011-12-23 00:31:45 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
Just another nobody who doing exactly same thing as other posters

This is your best post yet, Jaroslav.

Thanks

/signed just another nobody Cool
Adelphie
The Lone Wolves.
#29 - 2011-12-23 00:51:56 UTC
Let's put it this way - 3 years ago if I was on my own in null looking for targets I found myself from time to time literally shaking with adrenaline due to the risk of the unknown.

Now it is so quiet I can swan around like I'm the boss of an entire region.

In null it seems to me that safety should be player engineered, through teamwork, tactics and dare I say it numbers. If your allies make your space safe then so be it - if you are in hostile space then it should be just that.
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-12-23 01:26:00 UTC
Due to the current game mechanics; null space is by far the safest part of the game if you in one of the super nap trains.
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2011-12-23 01:35:31 UTC
Jojo Jackson wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
there's currently not enough people to murder so you want to tweak the balance in favor of more reward

Just remove blue standings and lower corp/ally size.
No wonder when you have not enough targets when you soke up every soul and blue the rest.

OT: far to save when you are part of one of the mega blobs (rusian mafia, raiden, goons) espezialy when goons aren't in 00 but suizid highsec miners or now PODs.

Solution:
max corp size 200 members
max ally size 5 corps
max blues 3
That's still 3000 all together.

Bam, enough targets for everybody Twisted.

And no, you do NOT have 6000 FRIENDS!
You might have 3 to 10 real friends ... the rest are alts, people someone know who is known by a friend.

You can't force people to shoot those they don't want to shoot just because they're playing the game differently to how you want them to, soz m8

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#32 - 2011-12-23 01:59:05 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:

HTFU ..

Just don't get caught in a pimped incursus around Spank or you are going to get it.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#33 - 2011-12-23 02:13:05 UTC
It's as safe as you make it.

Flying from Jita to YZ-LQL in a faction-fit Raven will get you killed most days of the week and twice on Sundays.

Taking a shuttle at non-peak hours, and using the map, any intel you can muster; can get you there in one piece - long enough to setup a clone.

AK

This space for rent.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#34 - 2011-12-23 02:58:36 UTC
Topaz Sky wrote:
Well, they get literally trillions from moon minerals, not many people go there. Their biggest complaint is AFK people using a cloak. I think CCP wants it to be a super rich island fortress for botting, which they can then conduct high sec raids from, killing "stupid pubic hairs" mining. That's CCP's effective design policy at least.

Oh pubbies is pubic hair! Lol

I was reading it as pub-bies and puppies, spelt funny. Meh, if I am pubic hair then they are the crabs that get in it. Big smile

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#35 - 2011-12-23 04:09:40 UTC
The only dangerous part of nullsec is jumping through a gate without a scout.

Apart from that its completely safe it can just be tedious to make you constant checks when moving around an unknown system if you are used to high/lowsec.
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2011-12-23 04:34:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Just don't get caught in a pimped incursus around Spank or you are going to get it.

Thanks for warning Big smile But i hardly log on these days.

And actually yes i did missed invulnerability provided by local in Lady Spank first post, dont know i just didnt saw it. Happens some times. Brain is ******. On the other hand remove local in null crowd i can live without.
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2011-12-23 05:42:12 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
~ Wormholes are awesome ~

Yes, they are. And most of 0.0 is indeed really deserted.

Confirming that YES indeed, WH's are the shiznit! My sig says why!

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#38 - 2011-12-23 07:00:17 UTC
North is safe? I thought Russians took the north.

4 drag bubbles on every gate, 5 if its a pipe.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

First Lieutenant Dan
Doomheim
#39 - 2011-12-23 07:12:44 UTC
It's called peace time. Anarchy will rise
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#40 - 2011-12-24 18:09:41 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
The only dangerous part of nullsec is jumping through a gate without a scout..

In other words, nullsec is so dangerous that you need to scout every gate you jump through?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Previous page123Next page