These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Titan Doomsday any Capital on Undock in Lowsec. Free Kills

First post
Author
Dewa Pedang
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2015-02-19 11:43:08 UTC
Luigi Palmieri wrote:
To the people who think it's not possible or only successful if the target pilot fails let me assure you it's very easy. By the time your titan appears on grid the pilot has slim to none chance of avoiding it. Not every cap pilot has a second cyno on standby when they are jumping. So pressing control space and then jumping out takes awhile and will have slim chance of success. Likewise, trying to stop warp and waiting to redock takes time. Between game lag and just the normal randomness of docking the titan can lock up the cap and insta pop it immediately. It's very easy to do and anyone who doubts it's success is trying to rationalize it too much. Jump in pop jump out. Or you can let your titan sit in a pos doing nothing forever. Get out there and have some fun with it.

You are a moron go back to hisec mining . That is all thank you .
Agent Unknown
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-02-19 15:40:28 UTC
Dewa Pedang wrote:
Luigi Palmieri wrote:
To the people who think it's not possible or only successful if the target pilot fails let me assure you it's very easy. By the time your titan appears on grid the pilot has slim to none chance of avoiding it. Not every cap pilot has a second cyno on standby when they are jumping. So pressing control space and then jumping out takes awhile and will have slim chance of success. Likewise, trying to stop warp and waiting to redock takes time. Between game lag and just the normal randomness of docking the titan can lock up the cap and insta pop it immediately. It's very easy to do and anyone who doubts it's success is trying to rationalize it too much. Jump in pop jump out. Or you can let your titan sit in a pos doing nothing forever. Get out there and have some fun with it.

I'm fairly sure he missed the point of "you're invulnerable if you ctrl+space and you can re-dock".
Luigi Palmieri
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-02-19 22:04:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Luigi Palmieri
Agent Unknown wrote:
Dewa Pedang wrote:
Luigi Palmieri wrote:

I'm fairly sure he missed the point of "you're invulnerable if you ctrl+space and you can re-dock".

I think you all are missing the point that once the pilot initiates warp they are no longer invulnerable. You only jump the Titan in when you visually see the pilot align after undock. At that point they are fair game. I assure you it's possible and very easy. If you don't believe that's fine, but don't think I am lying to you about it.

To prove my point I went to Zkill and clicked on the top Titan Pilot and he is already doing it.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/43909490/
Nightingale Actault
Borderland Dynamics
#24 - 2015-02-19 22:15:47 UTC
Luigi Palmieri wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Dewa Pedang wrote:
Luigi Palmieri wrote:

I think you all are missing the point that once the pilot initiates warp they are no longer invulnerable. You only jump the Titan in when you visually see the pilot align after undock. At that point they are fair game. I assure you it's possible and very easy. If you don't believe that's fine, but don't think I am lying to you about it.

What everyone else is attempting to point out to you Luigi, is that at that point you can simply press "Control + Spacebar" to stop your attempted warp and dock back up before the Titan would have a chance to even lock you.
Luigi Palmieri
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2015-02-19 22:18:05 UTC
Nightingale Actault wrote:
Luigi Palmieri wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Dewa Pedang wrote:
Luigi Palmieri wrote:

What everyone else is attempting to point out to you Luigi, is that at that point you can simply press "Control + Spacebar" to stop your attempted warp and dock back up before the Titan would have a chance to even lock you.

And what I am trying to tell everyone is that will not work in time. Yes maybe you will get lucky and dock but more than likely by the time you see a titan appear on the field your attempt to redock will fail before the titan kills you. I know about trying to redock and it's not 100% reliable to avoid it.
Nightingale Actault
Borderland Dynamics
#26 - 2015-02-19 22:21:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Nightingale Actault
As long as you are not undocking from a kickout station, what we are all saying, is that yes you can dock in time. Once you receive the message your docking request is accepted, you are invulnerable.

Edit: If your logic is so infallible, then this practice would be more commonplace. As it is not, there may be a reason to re-consider what you are saying and consider the evidence that everyone else has provided.
Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-02-20 03:35:22 UTC
Luigi Palmieri wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Dewa Pedang wrote:
Luigi Palmieri wrote:

To prove my point I went to Zkill and clicked on the top Titan Pilot and he is already doing it.

Because surely the JF full of pos modules couldn't have been caught setting up a pos or something.

Yes, people are that dumb, and yes, they lose JFs for it. To be frank, that's the whole point. Nobody's denying that a station driveby can be done, what we're saying is that if you're paying attention you have all the tools necessary to make sure it doesn't happen to you.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#28 - 2015-02-20 03:57:46 UTC
That guy could be awoxing freighters too. Happens all the time, and it's about the only way solo guys can get safe kills.
Dewa Pedang
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2015-02-20 08:03:50 UTC
Luigi Palmieri wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Dewa Pedang wrote:
Luigi Palmieri wrote:

Didnt you read the part about going back to hisec mining ?
Locking a capital in a titan takes anywhere up of 5s .
Doomsday has a ACTIVATION time of 8s and another 4-5 till the actuall dmg hits .
If you WARP in by the time you get out of warp the target will be in Jita due to warp speed acceleration .
To add it all up even if you jump the target has 18s ( lowest ) to react .
I can understand you cant dock in 15s because ...... well .....

Now go back to hisec mining .
Shad0w Myst
Altered Dimension
#30 - 2015-02-27 13:57:37 UTC
I could be wrong here as I've never really looked into titans.

But aren't they immobile for awhile after letting a DD loose?
if so why risk a titan for a JF kill
Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#31 - 2015-02-27 15:35:25 UTC
Please, please continue to bring your titans to lowsex.
http://snuff-eve.com/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=128737
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#32 - 2015-02-27 15:59:07 UTC
titans soloing posses lol dumbass gd catch there
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#33 - 2015-03-01 14:30:14 UTC
Luigi Palmieri wrote:
It's ok if you are scared. Not everyone has the courage to use their titans like this.

Attempting to illicit an emotional response by insulting the other party.

Your implementation of maskirovka is poor.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#34 - 2015-03-02 08:39:21 UTC
OP I suggest you simply take your Titan and prove your point by generating killmails by this method, twenty or so in a short time period (one maybe two weeks) should be proof enough, report back when your done.

I am assuming you have a Titan to play with because I'm sure you wouldn't be wasting peoples time talking about a ship you couldn't fly or had never used.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#35 - 2015-03-09 03:59:06 UTC
https://zkillboard.com/kill/45124693/
Please please please keep DDing in lowsec.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#36 - 2015-03-10 21:46:59 UTC
Did they remove the inability to DD in low?
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#37 - 2015-03-10 23:36:48 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

I'm so out of date I didn't know they disabled it.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Paranoid Loyd
#38 - 2015-03-11 00:06:29 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Yes, Phoebe

Doomsday devices may now be used in low security space

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Previous page12