These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Claiming your Holiday Gift

First post First post
Author
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#61 - 2011-12-22 19:51:06 UTC
Adonis Lee Ongrard wrote:
PP Sledge wrote:
what is the 'redeeming system'? I don't see any gifts on my account in eveonline.com or in game.

When you log into your EVE game (after you've put in your password but before you click on the character portrait), look at the bottom center of the screen. There should be an icon that looks like a present that's labeled Redeem Items or something like that.

Of course, that's only if you actually followed the dev blogs and went into Account Management before the 21st and chose one of the items for a holiday present. If you chose a neural remap, it won't be in the redeeming system -- it's automatically applied. Any of the other choices would be in the redeeming system though.

You can also redeem items from the Esc options window. Bottom corner (can't remember which)

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#62 - 2011-12-22 20:33:22 UTC
Good way to wish Merry Christmas and say on same time that you missed you gift.

Me not happy.
jonny330
Ivy Mike's Munitions Expulsion Services
#63 - 2011-12-22 20:44:30 UTC
Aww, I didn't realise that you needed to choose in account management, I could have really done with some free ammo :(
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2011-12-22 20:50:37 UTC
Thank you CCP.

It was wonderful coming home from work and claiming the gifts I chose.
Joren Kain
Astra Explorations
#65 - 2011-12-22 21:04:48 UTC
Glad I didn't ask for either Aurum or a remap. By the looks of it, I made the right choice.
Moridin Nae'blis
M3G4 Corp Redux
#66 - 2011-12-22 21:16:49 UTC
So what about those of us who have jobs and kids and are just hearing about this whole godamn thing for the first time today? We get nothing? Cant claim now and had not heard a peep about this whole thing till logging in today.

Awesome. Just awesome.
Ky Vatta
Majority 12
#67 - 2011-12-22 21:20:20 UTC
Something is screwy......

I have 7 Eve accounts: only one asked for Fuel Block BPOs, one asked for Aurum...however both got Fuel Block BPOsWhat?

The problem is, that I can`t remember which of those two asked for Aurum (and no way to check), but I`d like to know how CCP managed to mess it up....
jonny330
Ivy Mike's Munitions Expulsion Services
#68 - 2011-12-22 21:26:34 UTC
Moridin Nae'blis wrote:
So what about those of us who have jobs and kids and are just hearing about this whole godamn thing for the first time today? We get nothing? Cant claim now and had not heard a peep about this whole thing till logging in today.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Yep, that seems to be it basically, I've found where it's mentioned, and they don't exactly make it too obvious, the main focus of the article is the extra implant, with a fleeting mention of the holiday gift:

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3269

You'd think they didn't want to give these gifts out...
Aronnin
Space Men
#69 - 2011-12-22 21:34:06 UTC
Missed it..
Jake McCord
Greater Metropolis Sanitation Service
#70 - 2011-12-22 21:35:58 UTC
What a rip off. Just NOW found out, so those of us late to the party are screwed. Typical.

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way! Did I mention, I used to live in Chicago?

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#71 - 2011-12-22 21:49:57 UTC
hey what about the question about how long we have to redeem the items from the login screen.

QUIT ******* IGNORING VALID QUESTIONS!
Mistrala DeLegra
Novus Alba FerrumSus
#72 - 2011-12-22 21:53:49 UTC
WOW!!!!!!! i never got a thing on any of my 3 accounts, and it had to be redeemed before 21st????? WTF!!! i like many others never heard a thing about this untiill i logged on today, and for your information CCP christmas is on 25th not 21st, im rather disgusted truth be told that you did this and alot of people have now missed out, merry "effing" christmas!!!!
chaosjj
Doomheim
#73 - 2011-12-22 21:56:41 UTC
there are no items for me to redeem
Amplify
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2011-12-22 21:56:49 UTC
So, how many others like me were under the impression that we had to wait until today, go into the redeem items menu in game and claim our present there today just like with effectively every single other gift in the history of EvE and missed the tiny small print buried under a huge advert for the latest in the implant series that we had to select what we wanted in our account management menu BEFORE today or miss out?

Anybody got a sale on torches & pitchforks along with a complimentary map of Iceland?
Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2011-12-22 22:12:05 UTC
Gonna have to add my voice to the choir here, i'm afraid.

I got both of the Genolution implants that were automatically put into the redeem system but this is the first time I, too, am hearing about this. I had NO idea there was anything else to redeem in the Account Management section because, as stated by others, I don't have the time to be here that often, much less learn there was a time limit. It's not even Christmas until the 25th so it seems silly to have cut off the gifts already.

I love EVE to death, I really do, but i'm equally enthralled by my consoles, OTHER PC games and my life outside of videogames. I haven't been on the EVE site itself for a while, much less in the Account Management page, but I HAVE been in-game. Sending a mail to my character would have been a much more effective way of letting people now.

Having said that, however, I don't get why this has even occured. This has never been the way things were given out before so why has that changed?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#76 - 2011-12-22 22:15:57 UTC
Allant Doran wrote:
Gonna have to add my voice to the choir here, i'm afraid.

I got both of the Genolution implants that were automatically put into the redeem system but this is the first time I, too, am hearing about this. I had NO idea there was anything else to redeem in the Account Management section because, as stated by others, I don't have the time to be here that often, much less learn there was a time limit. It's not even Christmas until the 25th so it seems silly to have cut off the gifts already.

I love EVE to death, I really do, but i'm equally enthralled by my consoles, OTHER PC games and my life outside of videogames. I haven't been on the EVE site itself for a while, much less in the Account Management page, but I HAVE been in-game. Sending a mail to my character would have been a much more effective way of letting people now.

Having said that, however, I don't get why this has even occured. This has never been the way things were given out before so why has that changed?

Login Screen > Big Blue Advert > Stayed up more than once.

Also an E-Mail.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#77 - 2011-12-22 22:17:41 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

Login Screen > Big Blue Advert > Stayed up more than once.

Also an E-Mail.

That ad popped up once but was overshadowed by a ''New client build available' message so I couldn't read it. It never came up again, after my client restarted so I never had a chance to read it.

As for the E-mail? Well, i'm still waiting for one of those too.
HEPEAJIbHOCTb
State War Academy
Caldari State
#78 - 2011-12-22 22:20:55 UTC
No matter when this ended, there would still have been people missing out.

If you missed it, you only have yourself to blame. It was a free gift - CCP placed it on the news feed. They shouldn't have to message you individually to make sure you don't miss out. Take some responsibility. You had long enough to sort it out....
Valen Dorkmund
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2011-12-22 22:22:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Valen Dorkmund
Morganta wrote:
hey what about the question about how long we have to redeem the items from the login screen.

QUIT ******* IGNORING VALID QUESTIONS!

^^ THIS ^^
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2011-12-22 22:22:50 UTC
Jake McCord wrote:
What a rip off. Just NOW found out, so those of us late to the party are screwed. Typical.

just like real life.