These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Tora Bushido for CSM X - A New High-Sec (No Nerfed Disneyland)

First post First post
Author
Dirk MacGirk
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#381 - 2015-02-26 16:55:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk MacGirk
Tora Bushido wrote:
http://show.gamingradio.net/2015/02/25/open-comms-show-25th-feb-2015-this-horse-is-not-dead-yet/

After listening to the "Open Comms Show" I've changed my mind on Multi boxing. I think they're correct to say that there are many other ways people have an advantage on other players (plex, more accounts, websites, etc). Input Duplication and other tools are just one of them. If you want to ban one, you should ban them all. And since I do not want to nerf Eve to death, I rather keep them all.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/52023-CSM-10-Canidate-Watch-Who-is-for-and-who-is-against-our-gameplay


Not to **** up your campaign thread with talk about Hyperboxing, but I just want to make clear that the only person on the Open Comms Show espousing the straw man arguments that the advantages derived from PLEX conversion to ISK, having multiple accounts, or the use of third party websites for information purposes are equivalent to the use of a third party software to enhance the speed at which you can create INPUTS into the game, was a guest: Shadowandlight. He was a guest because we were discussing the email he sent to all CSM candidates which conflated all forms of multiboxing with his steroid-enhanced form of multiboxing, and falsely made the case that CCP may be trying to get rid of multiple accounts altogether.

So just so we're clear, that was not the voice of the show, just a voice on the show. The voice of the show is pro-EULA and pro-equal and clear enforcement of the EULA. Actions contrary to the word and spirit of the EULA are in fact cheating.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#382 - 2015-02-26 17:45:28 UTC
100% true. To bad we cant discuss the EULA here Sad

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#383 - 2015-02-26 19:12:14 UTC
Dirk MacGirk wrote:
Not to **** up your campaign thread with talk about Hyperboxing, but I just want to make clear that the only person on the Open Comms Show espousing the straw man arguments that the advantages derived from PLEX conversion to ISK, having multiple accounts, or the use of third party websites for information purposes are equivalent to the use of a third party software to enhance the speed at which you can create INPUTS into the game, was a guest: Shadowandlight. He was a guest because we were discussing the email he sent to all CSM candidates which conflated all forms of multiboxing with his steroid-enhanced form of multiboxing, and falsely made the case that CCP may be trying to get rid of multiple accounts altogether.

So just so we're clear, that was not the voice of the show, just a voice on the show. The voice of the show is pro-EULA and pro-equal and clear enforcement of the EULA. Actions contrary to the word and spirit of the EULA are in fact cheating.
So should users of Elinor be banned too? That automatically pulls data from exports and pops trade prices into your clipboard for you, thus speeding up your inputs considerably. You want the EULA to be enforced fairly, so why does third party software only count as speeding up gameplay when it affects clicking on multiple buttons at the same time. Most traders would grind to a halt if you took away even half of their third party tools, so how is that not speeding up their inputs? Practically everything the IGB does is designed to allow you to speed up input.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Dirk MacGirk
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#384 - 2015-02-26 20:23:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk MacGirk
Lucas Kell wrote:


So should users of Elinor be banned too? That automatically pulls data from exports and pops trade prices into your clipboard for you, thus speeding up your inputs considerably. You want the EULA to be enforced fairly, so why does third party software only count as speeding up gameplay when it affects clicking on multiple buttons at the same time. Most traders would grind to a halt if you took away even half of their third party tools, so how is that not speeding up their inputs? Practically everything the IGB does is designed to allow you to speed up input.


Apologies, I really don't want to derail Tora's campaign thread. I just wanted to be clear that it wasn't the view of The Open Comms show that any of these comparisons and word parsing of the term "unfair advantage" were from members of the show. They were the views of a player who equates any and all third-party softwares and applications to one another as equals. That somehow, if they confer any real or perceived advantage, then they are equal and thus all should be allowed or none should.

As for my views on Elinor, what you seem to be describing is a third party software that goes only so far as to populate your operating system's clipboard? The user must then paste that data into the actual game client on their own? Something tells me that doesn't violate CCP's EULA. However, if it (Elinor) copied the data into memory and somehow pasted it into the client on its own accord, that is where it would probably become and issue. But even then, CCP could decide its doesn't reach a level of significance to warrant action.

The debate over ISboxer is not whether any and all advantages can or should be eliminated from having an effect on the game. Although certain people would like to make that the argument because it creates such a morass as to confuse the entire issue in an attempt at delegitimizing it altogether. CCP is well within their rights to say this does and that doesn't, although I would prefer to understand their basis for that decision. Based on what you described, I'd guess that Elinor is fine, whereas input broadcasting is obviously not, and ISBoxer's VFX dashboard with a pixel-by-pixel recreation of elements of the client that then feeds directly into the client, is probably so questionable as to risk their accounts.

PS - that'll be my last comment here, but I'd be happy to discuss it elsewhere. Again, this is his campaign thread.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#385 - 2015-02-26 23:07:08 UTC
I don't mind guys. The more discussion, the better view we have on the matter. Blink

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#386 - 2015-02-27 09:46:12 UTC
Lucas wrote a nice blog about the above :

http://indecisivenoob.blogspot.nl/2015/02/response-to-grn-open-comms-show-25th-feb.html

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Valkin Mordirc
#387 - 2015-02-27 20:46:19 UTC
o/ Hey Tora I tossed my vote for you in the hat. Hope you can do good there.


Don't let us down or I'll sick MY OWN Fedo on you. =P
#DeleteTheWeak
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#388 - 2015-02-28 00:54:58 UTC
Thanks ! Big smile Save the fedos !

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#389 - 2015-03-02 00:24:42 UTC
Dont forget to vote guys....

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Catalytic morphisis
Among Shadows
Shadows of Eden
#390 - 2015-03-05 12:39:29 UTC
Got my vote!

Actual Link free and scout free solo PvP'er

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#391 - 2015-03-06 08:06:08 UTC
Got my vote. I think my ALTs voted for you too but I'm never sure what they are doing

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#392 - 2015-03-06 08:17:30 UTC
Thanks guys. Every vote is needed Big smile

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Belligerent Undesirables
#393 - 2015-03-06 18:46:01 UTC
If you put tora on your ballot, send him a fedo for each vote! Twisted

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Sweet Trader
The Hollow Men
#394 - 2015-03-07 17:56:13 UTC
+2 votes cast

Best of luck, Tora.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#395 - 2015-03-07 18:12:11 UTC
Sweet Trader wrote:
+2 votes cast

Best of luck, Tora.
Thank you, founder of Marmites Blink

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

EarlCarbon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#396 - 2015-03-07 20:23:05 UTC
You've got my votes too Tora. Good luck!



Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#397 - 2015-03-09 12:00:13 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Your opinions on :

- Being able to buy and use security tags in all stations in low-sec ?
- Being able to store x password for posses, in stead of just 1.
- Delayed local (and an upgraded D-scan/radar system to replace local period) in null unless upgrades are in place.


Seems delayed local is becoming a thing Big smile

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#398 - 2015-03-09 14:51:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Tora Bushido wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Your opinions on :

- Being able to buy and use security tags in all stations in low-sec ?
- Being able to store x password for posses, in stead of just 1.
- Delayed local (and an upgraded D-scan/radar system to replace local period) in null unless upgrades are in place.

Seems delayed local is becoming a thing Big smile

Tora, how much time per year do you spend in Null Sec?
Is this maybe you hoping more people will come through Jita? P

P.S. I spent about a year almost solo in a worm hole, so no tears. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#399 - 2015-03-09 14:59:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
I've spend more time in null-sec and low-sec then you would probably guess. But then I need to tell you who my other chars are, which I wont. So I do know how to speak F1 and redeploy. Remember assumptions are the mother of all f*ck*ps.

Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I spent about a year almost solo in a worm hole,.... Blink
I wonder why Blink

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#400 - 2015-03-09 17:05:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Tora Bushido wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I spent about a year almost solo in a worm hole,.... Blink
I wonder why Blink
You will find anything! Lol
(CEO kept hopping, high sec mining, high sec / low sec gang wars, C2 with C3 link, ( where I stayed), C2 with C4 link, (where I didn't have the SP to pilot ships for C4 sleepers), to Incursions and then to Null Sec renting. So, we were all spread out really thin.)

Questions aren't assumptions. Blink
You can give ball park numbers and alliance names, talk about your experiences there. Don't have to be specific on names and battles.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.