These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SOV prime time question.

Author
MicDeath Titan
No Mans Corp
#1 - 2015-03-05 22:55:18 UTC
I may have not seen it, but what prevents people from setting the prime time before downtime so that the DT can be used as a fight deescalation and log-in entrapment?
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#2 - 2015-03-05 22:56:01 UTC
It's a four hour window.
Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-03-05 23:14:20 UTC
Chances are that downtime will be excluded from the 4 hour window. So the window extends past the downtime if downtime is during that window. No free 30 minutes of invulnerability, your window will extend past it.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#4 - 2015-03-05 23:16:29 UTC
Please enjoy this collection of puppy .gifs while the ISDs ready the thread lockage machine.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#5 - 2015-03-05 23:21:03 UTC
Isn't there a formal feedback thread somewhere?
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-03-05 23:52:30 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Please enjoy this collection of puppy .gifs while the ISDs ready the thread lockage machine.
What a pleasant change from cats!

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-03-05 23:54:37 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

I want to see a collection of beaver .gifs next.
Marsha Mallow
#8 - 2015-03-06 00:01:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Marsha Mallow
MicDeath Titan wrote:
I may have not seen it, but what prevents people from setting the prime time before downtime so that the DT can be used as a fight deescalation and log-in entrapment?

Quote:
If downtime occurs while a capture event is active, it will save its state and continue as normal after downtime.

The blog doesn't appear to specify what happens if an Entosis link is interrupted by downtime but it's probably been answered somewhere.

On topic: Beavers (someone seems to think a hedgehog is a beaver, which is worrying)

ed. I see your point but it makes no sense. DT is 5-15 minutes some days. Hardly long enough to call in the whole map, and certainly not enough to make people on the cusp of capturing a system stand down. If alliances abuse the DT mechanic I'm sure CCP will gleefully slap them about.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

TigerXtrm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2015-03-06 01:51:18 UTC
Prime time in its current form is highly unlikely to make it into the game anyway. So why bother worrying about it?

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums