These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

WE NEED A PURPOSE CCP! We have no purpose to keep sov.

Author
Leona Konstein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-03-03 17:31:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Leona Konstein
With actual changes, why would some one want to fight for sov?? to mine and kill rats? ... GG.

I think the new system would be great to bring more corps and alliances to Null, but after the accomodation time, you wont have a excuse to fight your neightbors, why would i want to try and control anorhter system/constellation, if it would give me nothig?? but troubles. I think an incentive for controlling systems/constellations/regions would be great. Maybe economical things, like more rat bounties, or more minerals, taxes from certain HS regions, i don´t know. Or maybe PVP bonuses for alliance, you get .5% per constellation control, or something. I hope i explained my point.

Just something that would make you want to fight for.
Helios Panala
#2 - 2015-03-03 17:56:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Helios Panala
Leona Konstein wrote:

That small alliance next door said you're a bunch of losers who couldn't win a fight against a HS industry corp. You going to let them sit there and say that about you? Blink
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2015-03-03 17:59:17 UTC
Helios Panala wrote:
Leona Konstein wrote:

That small alliance next door said you're a bunch of losers who couldn't win a fight against a HS industry corp. You going to let them sit there and say that about you? Blink

I'll whack all 10 of them!
Rosal Milag
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-03-03 18:03:35 UTC
You do realize that the reason to fight is the same as it has always been, right? Ratting, system upgrades, lowered POS fuel costs, cheaper industry? If you didn't see a reason to fight for sov under the old system, then you certainly won't find one now.
Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#5 - 2015-03-03 18:09:01 UTC
Also, many a gudfite to be had. No isk-related reason needed.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2015-03-03 18:32:15 UTC
Helios Panala wrote:
Leona Konstein wrote:

...yes.
Liam Inkuras
dead.Orbit
#7 - 2015-03-03 18:39:35 UTC
Some people are just in it for the fights

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Civ Kado
Antares Astronautics
#8 - 2015-03-03 19:17:27 UTC
if you need a higher purpose go join the peace corps.

This is a game, the purpose of which is to have fun. Null sec also entails a resource-rich environment to make isk compared to low and high sec.
Garnoo
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2015-03-03 19:19:49 UTC
i want sov to lower my pos bill on 81 pos alchemy farm :)

People are going to try to ruin your day. Get together with others, ruin their day back -  EvE

Arla Sarain
#10 - 2015-03-03 20:33:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Arla Sarain
Leona Konstein wrote:
With actual changes, why would some one want to fight for sov?? to mine and kill rats? ... GG.

I think the new system would be great to bring more corps and alliances to Null, but after the accomodation time, you wont have a excuse to fight your neightbors, why would i want to try and control anorhter system/constellation, if it would give me nothig?? but troubles. I think an incentive for controlling systems/constellations/regions would be great. Maybe economical things, like more rat bounties, or more minerals, taxes from certain HS regions, i don´t know. Or maybe PVP bonuses for alliance, you get .5% per constellation control, or something. I hope i explained my point.

To house your army that will one day rescue HS miners from CODE.
Bullet Therapist
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-03-03 20:41:45 UTC
Do we need a reason to fight anyone now?
Madd Adda
#12 - 2015-03-03 22:10:27 UTC
why is everyone obsessed with bringing people and corps to null? to shoot them without concord interfering? some pseudo endgame obsession people think EVE is truly about? it baffles me.

Carebear extraordinaire

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#13 - 2015-03-03 22:58:44 UTC
Madd Adda wrote:
why is everyone obsessed with bringing people and corps to null? to shoot them without concord interfering? some pseudo endgame obsession people think EVE is truly about? it baffles me.

I thought that was a recruitment scam of someone..

And I also thought you move to null to have the bigger income to buy / get handed better gear to loose?

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Godfrey Silvarna
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#14 - 2015-03-04 00:30:54 UTC
Madd Adda wrote:

Its not that we especially want YOU in nullsec, its that we hate highsec so very very much.
Madd Adda
#15 - 2015-03-04 01:47:56 UTC
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:

Its not that we especially want YOU in nullsec, its that we hate highsec so very very much.

why? what is about High Sec you don't like? I can't imagine EVE without it.

Carebear extraordinaire

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#16 - 2015-03-04 02:56:55 UTC
As others have said who needs a reason to fight, but if you do here are a few.

You think they are all cross dressing weirdos that could become a blight on EvE if not dealt with harshly.

Accuse them of spying on you and then go kill them all, who cares if it is true or not.

Kill them because they were thinking about jumping into one of your systems.

Kill them because they hold a system and you want the moons, who cares if they are lifeless and worthless pieces of rock.

Kill them because you need the ore belts to chill out in and stare at how beautiful the new graphics are in EvE.

I could go on but you should get the point by now. The original idea of sov was to fight to control access to the resource and look what it has brought? Several very large power blocks that hold sov and then "rent" out the space they really do not want or need they just do not want anyone else to have it.

Oh hey there is another idea. go kill your neighbors simply because you do not want them to have the space.

The whole mechanic of sov created the mess that is nul now CCP has finally realized that and is working on changes, yet you want them to go back to the same old thing? No thank you let us venture forth into whatever CCP has up their sleeves and see where it ends once all the changes are made.

Petrified
Grimm Hounds
SONS of BANE
#17 - 2015-03-04 03:02:26 UTC
Leona Konstein wrote:

You somehow think the only purpose of Null Sec is to PvP.

With the Sov changes, I see more opportunities for alliances to take control of null sec they could not have hoped to hold onto before. They will fight to defend their areas. For an active alliance, one that uses the space holistically, they will benefit from use by improved ratting and industry. And, more importantly, their use makes it harder to take the sov away.

Overall, I look forward to the changes.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#18 - 2015-03-04 05:35:35 UTC
Madd Adda wrote:
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:

It's simple eve is a sandbox game and a sandbox shines where you have the most tools and the fewest rules
Madd Adda
#19 - 2015-03-04 05:43:40 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:

It's simple eve is a sandbox game and a sandbox shines where you have the most tools and the fewest rules

if those rules weren't there then every noob would curbstomped relentlessly in the starting zones. EVE needs some rules to function and get over the learning curve.

Carebear extraordinaire

Lugh Crow-Slave
#20 - 2015-03-04 05:47:19 UTC
Madd Adda wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Madd Adda wrote:

if those rules weren't there then every noob would curbstomped relentlessly in the starting zones. EVE needs some rules to function and get over the learning curve.

yes and thats why we have HS but i doubt you would want to spend all day in a pre-school so that's why we like null sec and not HS and the more reason there is to leave HS once you are comfortable the better things are
12Next page