These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Christmas gifts

First post
Author
Jack Jombardo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2011-12-22 15:30:22 UTC
Adrenalinemax wrote:

If you spend 2 minutes and go here: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Socialmedia you will clearly see that twitter is an OFFICIAL media outlet for EvE Online and you can use it with confidence, like many other things I am sure you are familiar with.

Um, that's a nice joke :).

You heared about the facebook hack? Sony acc hack?
CCP just uses this platform but they can not (and will never) be responsible for the security of third party tools (and Twitter is such a tool). "Offizcial" in this case just means, they use it as comunication platform.

But CCP will not (and can't at all) gurante the security of your private data ;). If they get lost or are stolen somehow ... CCP will post "if expirience trubble with Twitter, ask Twitter" *g*.
Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#42 - 2011-12-22 15:36:52 UTC
Luv Lee wrote:
Maybe someone does not log in as often as you think? So that is also a way of not being aware.

The whole point of the gifts was to reward those who log in all the time to play. If you don't play you got what you deserve non?

Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#43 - 2011-12-22 15:45:03 UTC
YOU OBEY ME wrote:
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Which is why they e-mailed a newsletter

Junk mail. Straight to trash.

Quote:
in addition to theofficial forum posts, homepage news posts, and various dev blogs.

I rarely log into and don't give a crap about the forums, website, dev blogs, etc.

My life doesn't revolve around this game.

Quote:
posted about it several times on the login screen

THIS is the best way to inform players. I can honestly say, though, that the only message I saw was the one still posted about it after it expired.

If previous messages about it were on the login screen, I didn't see them. Likely because the size and formatting of those messages makes it easy to overlook them.

So you received and deliberately discarded the email, voluntarily refuse to read the other information sources despite being aware of them - and STILL complain you got no info.

Even better you also say your "life doesn't revolve around this game" so why are you even bothered about not getting a thing in a game you don't care about?

Words fail me. I am reduce to LOLOLOLOLOL, or more to be honest just a simple *head-desk*...
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#44 - 2011-12-22 15:52:33 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
YOU OBEY ME wrote:
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Which is why they e-mailed a newsletter

Quote:
in addition to theofficial forum posts, homepage news posts, and various dev blogs.

I rarely log into and don't give a crap about the forums, website, dev blogs, etc.

Quote:
posted about it several times on the login screen

THIS is the best way to inform players. I can honestly say, though, that the only message I saw was the one still posted about it after it expired.

If previous messages about it were on the login screen, I didn't see them. Likely because the size and formatting of those messages makes it easy to overlook them.

So you received and deliberately discarded the email, voluntarily refuse to read the other information sources despite being aware of them - and STILL complain you got no info.

Even better you also say your "life doesn't revolve around this game" so why are you even bothered about not getting a thing in a game you don't care about?

Words fail me. I am reduce to LOLOLOLOLOL, or more to be honest just a simple *head-desk*...

This ^

When you voluntarily ignore several different notification methods, and top it off by ignoring the obvious information on the log in page, the root of the problem for missing this "free" gift is you.

What do you want, a personal phone call? You'd just refuse to answer, or get outraged at the unsolicited contact.

Stop acting like children.

Let CCP work a bit of overtime just before the holiday's resolving issues generated by the fact that you can't take responsibility for even the simplest task, and top it off by not offering even a thank you.

After all, your entitled right? Big smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#45 - 2011-12-22 16:10:18 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Ellendras Silver wrote:
i have two characters. one choose boosters and i redeemed them and that is ok
the other char choose remap but i logged in 1 min ago and stil no remap (no redeem option either)

Remaps will be applied throughout the day so if it has not shown up yet then try logging in again later.

i got my remap now thnx

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

YOU OBEY ME
Doomheim
#46 - 2011-12-22 16:26:30 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
YOU OBEY ME wrote:

Tyburn Stannis: "Which is why they e-mailed a newsletter"

Tyburn Stannis: "in addition to theofficial forum posts, homepage news posts, and various dev blogs."

Tyburn Stannis: "posted about it several times on the login screen"

i can't read

me neither

fix'd
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#47 - 2011-12-22 16:32:16 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Disappointed. This just encourages the culture of "someone else's problem" or "someone will do it for me", in this case manifesting as being able to petition for your own laziness / incompetence - instead of players taking responsibility for their own rewards in the first place.

Is that like the culture of 'being a rude jerk to someone because they ask a question'?

Just wondering, because it seems to be an epidemic around here sometimes.

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#48 - 2011-12-22 16:33:47 UTC
Adrenalinemax wrote:
If you spend 2 minutes and go here: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Socialmedia you will clearly see that twitter is an OFFICIAL media outlet for EvE Online and you can use it with confidence, like many other things I am sure you are familiar with.
If you found me a wiki page telling me official CCP announcements will be scrawled on the side of public toilets in future, I will not start visiting public toilets to get news updates.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#49 - 2011-12-22 16:49:46 UTC
Jack Jombardo wrote:
Adrenalinemax wrote:

They tweeted

This might shock you :)
I have no twitter, no youtube, no stayfriends, no facebook, no myspace or any other form of sozial network account. AND I don't visitor/use this networks as I don't need 600++ anonymos friends which I don't even know. So ... the only recurse of information about EvE is .... tadaaaa ... this forum and the EvE web site *g*.

Btw.
CCP Navigator wrote:

Remaps will be applied throughout the day so if it has not shown up yet then try logging in again later.

Post number #13

He was faster then you ;).

I agree that stuff is all pretty ghey, facebook is handy if still ghey. If you have a twitter your man parts should ve removed without anesthetic.

You have a Spacebook account!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#50 - 2011-12-22 17:15:50 UTC
I didn't even realize there WERE gifts because the "one-time message" was obscured by a patch notice and never reappared. I thought it had to do with the previously-gifted implants.

Seriously, this was a ****-poor way of giving "gifts" to users.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2011-12-22 17:28:11 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
If you did not claim your gift you can submit a petition and the GM's will look at each petition on a case by case basis. This is not a promise that you will get a gift but it never hurts to ask.

Customer support will NOT be changing gifts at this stage. If you picked one thing and want to change it to something else then that is, unfortunately, not possible.
There's a new meme in EVE: GM's have been Navigator'd!

Seriously, this is the worst thing that you could do with Crucible still in its baby crawling stages and plenty of bugs / issues cropping up.

Don't make more work for your own people (especially right before a major holiday!!!!) because your customers couldn't be arsed to read your [adequate] communications.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

space ganelon
The Mining Corp
#52 - 2011-12-22 17:37:12 UTC
Sort of agree with Floppie - I'm not whining about not getting to choose gift because, as stated, it is a gift, after all. However, I sincerely hope whatever mechanism they used is not used again to disseminate something actually important. I read the news posts when logging in, I log in a lot, I read my email, and I never saw ANYTHING about "choose a gift". So, CCP, if you need to notify ppl about something, try in-game eve mail or something less ephemeral than whatever you did....
Nova Wayout
The Lezbian Institute
Freaks In The Sheets
#53 - 2011-12-22 17:49:26 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
Luv Lee wrote:
Mirabi Tiane wrote:
No.
Learn to pay attention.

Not helping, learn to help.

@Luv Lee.

Mirabi is quite correct, too many people simply do not pay attention to the news

'Nuff said.

@ "Nuff said". .... you shouldn't have said anything to start with.

Not everybody plays the game to the point where they care about every last detail in the news... Or even read the news at all. The Holiday Gift has historically been an in game element ( perhaps that is news to you ).

So don't be so quick to point the irresponsible finger at people because they don't play the game to the degree that you do.

Can you honestly say that you have read every word of every news announcement for the last year? ( or even the last Month ? )

I've played the game for years... And the news has never been anything worth paying attention to. there are quite a few responses in this thread and many other threads involving the subject.

So stop acting like you got some kind of Moral High Ground
Flakey Foont
#54 - 2011-12-22 17:56:06 UTC
Luv Lee wrote:
Mirabi Tiane wrote:
No.
Learn to pay attention.

Not helping, learn to help.

Blanche DuBois syndrome again...
Patch Notes
Doomheim
#55 - 2011-12-22 18:25:47 UTC
space ganelon wrote:
Sort of agree with Floppie - I'm not whining about not getting to choose gift because, as stated, it is a gift, after all. However, I sincerely hope whatever mechanism they used is not used again to disseminate something actually important. I read the news posts when logging in, I log in a lot, I read my email, and I never saw ANYTHING about "choose a gift". So, CCP, if you need to notify ppl about something, try in-game eve mail or something less ephemeral than whatever you did....

qft.
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#56 - 2011-12-22 19:34:45 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
Adrenalinemax wrote:
If you found me a wiki page telling me official CCP announcements will be scrawled on the side of public toilets in future, I will not start visiting public toilets to get news updates.

Then don't ***** when you get no presents
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#57 - 2011-12-22 19:36:56 UTC
space ganelon wrote:

Short of giving you a personal ******* invitation via fed-ex, they did everything possible.

Twitter
Facebook
In game message at login
Account management
Forums

FFS, even mintchip reminded you to do it in her latest video blog

I honestly don't know what more they could do except choose the ******* remap for you as there were prolly too many choices for your tiny pea to process.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#58 - 2011-12-22 19:52:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Messenger
Adrenalinemax wrote:
space ganelon wrote:

Short of giving you a personal ******* invitation via fed-ex, they did everything possible.

Twitter
Facebook
In game message at login
Account management
Forums

FFS, even mintchip reminded you to do it in her latest video blog

I honestly don't know what more they could do except choose the ******* remap for you as there were prolly too many choices for your tiny pea to process.

Except on the headline news like newest announcement.

And on Devblog it is printed small text and CA-2 implant is highlighted to get message about gifts hided.

CCP fails still on their communication with players, nothing has changed.

Edit: also dev blog does not mention any timelimit to choose gift.
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#59 - 2011-12-22 20:18:07 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
Adrenalinemax wrote:
Twitter is your friend, they send maybe 1-2 tweets a day and it is usually only for important stuff you probably care about
Twitter is cancer and using it over proper outlets to release information is known technically as going full ******.

I usually like what you write, wb btw. But it is not such a bad thing this ... twitter. Yes, I know. I do not like facecrap either, then again this is not facecrap. I find it very informative for the few tweets that I follow. You're not a ""friend"", you just follow a bunch of semi RRS feed like 144 character burst outs. Shy as I may be from the so called ''social-media'', that plague this period in time, I found that twitter is the least offensive ones amongst them.

And I agree to with those who say if you didn't payed attention, well better luck next year.
I barely log in to EVE these days due to work, yet I *have* seen the get a gift ad when I logged in. I also saw the news item and the reclaim them before the 22nd and saw it mentioned quite a lot on GD.

To the people who claim "I donno what UTC is" or "I do not follow it", that is just a poor excuse.

Check this every day, takes only 30 seconds, http://www.eveonline.com/ and you *will* be informed.

Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/EveOnline
It also keeps you up to date on new released dev blogs.

Hope those who locked them selfs out by not being informed have better luck next time.
Jack Jombardo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2011-12-22 20:56:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Jombardo
I just checked this Twitter and ... to follow it, I need to registrate first.
Well, call me paranoid but I hate it to gave my personal data away all the time. Not only that most of this services start to spam my e-mail with tons of unwanted stuff. the real problem is, that noone knows, what they do with the data they collect.

I'm awar, that most of you simply ignore any and all data security and privacy ... but some don't like me.
If I want information about EVE there are two sources for me:
- EVE homepage
- EVE forum (this forum)

I mean, why do all the work for this homepage (which is compared to other homepages realy good) when it isn't used?
If we all should just join random-unanonym-comunity ... save the time and money and stop the homepage + forum. There are enough free to use where you get spammed with advertise all the time ;).

PS: And I want the information from ONE site (the forum is part of it) as it's a wast of time to jump over 10, 100, 1000 sites till I got all offizial information. Just so no interest, to visit more sites then realy needed (www.eveonline.com <- FINISH).