These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Christmas gifts

First post
Author
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#21 - 2011-12-22 14:09:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyburn Stannis
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:
Hung TuLo wrote:
I am so tired of whiners in this game.

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has NOTHING to do with you or how you play EVE. Please do not use the forum just to vent like that.

"Please do not use the forum to vent" says someone who made his own special topic to vent about how how he got hard done-by, and posted in this one as well - to go with all the other existing threads about how people who don't read simple instructions lose out on free stuff....
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#22 - 2011-12-22 14:15:04 UTC
Jack Jombardo wrote:
I claimed the gift 1,5 weeks ago. The remap when it still was active.

After the discussion and remove of remap, I checked many times but any time I got told "you allready chose a gift".

But I got no remap nor present box :( ?

They tweeted, they discussed, they put up a little news thingy about how you get your remaps

1430 they start getting applied to accounts...check back later and a relog may be required
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#23 - 2011-12-22 14:16:20 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
If you did not claim your gift you can submit a petition and the GM's will look at each petition on a case by case basis. This is not a promise that you will get a gift but it never hurts to ask.

Customer support will NOT be changing gifts at this stage. If you picked one thing and want to change it to something else then that is, unfortunately, not possible.

If you look at the topic I made you will note more than a few people with the same situation as me.

We have one or multiple accounts paid yet because of the holidays our time on the forum and game is limited. This put us in a poor ability to learn of the need to use the account management.

I assumed you were going to do it at the character select screen in game. Yes I could have confirmed that but I had no reason to suspect there was that big of a change. And did not want to pester the forum with a topic asking about it.

So being "patient" in this case was not correct. I am not demanding my remap but I do hope the GMs or the team can sympathize with our situation when we petition.

Twitter is your friend, they send maybe 1-2 tweets a day and it is usually only for important stuff you probably care about
Alexandros Balfros
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#24 - 2011-12-22 14:27:49 UTC
Luv Lee wrote:
Maybe someone does not log in as often as you think? So that is also a way of not being aware.

You don't need to and never needed to login to the game to see there were things available

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3269

Detailed that they were unveiling the gifts and where you could find them and when you had to claim them by
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#25 - 2011-12-22 14:31:45 UTC
Adrenalinemax wrote:
Twitter is your friend, they send maybe 1-2 tweets a day and it is usually only for important stuff you probably care about
Twitter is cancer and using it over proper outlets to release information is known technically as going full ******.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Fractal Muse
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2011-12-22 14:36:46 UTC
The only thing for me (I redeemed gift so it doesn't matter that much to me) is why did the Christmas gift become unavailable before Christmas?

If this is for playing on Christmas shouldn't the gift be available up until Christmas at least? Or....

Will there be something else on Christmas? (Look at me being greedy!)
Jack Jombardo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-12-22 14:39:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Jombardo
Adrenalinemax wrote:

They tweeted

This might shock you :)
I have no twitter, no youtube, no stayfriends, no facebook, no myspace or any other form of sozial network account. AND I don't visitor/use this networks as I don't need 600++ anonymos friends which I don't even know. So ... the only recurse of information about EvE is .... tadaaaa ... this forum and the EvE web site *g*.

Btw.
CCP Navigator wrote:

Remaps will be applied throughout the day so if it has not shown up yet then try logging in again later.

Post number #13

He was faster then you ;).
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#28 - 2011-12-22 14:51:06 UTC
Jack Jombardo wrote:
Adrenalinemax wrote:

They tweeted

I have no twitter, no youtube, no stayfriends, no facebook, no myspace or any other form of sozial network account. AND I don't visitor/use this networks as I don't need 600++ anonymos friends which I don't even know. So ... the only recurse of information about EvE is .... tadaaaa ... this forum and the EvE web site *g*..

Crumplecorn wrote:
Adrenalinemax wrote:
Twitter is cancer and using it over proper outlets to release information is known technically as going full ******.

Which is why they e-mailed a newsletter, and posted about it several times on the login screen - in addition to theofficial forum posts, homepage news posts, and various dev blogs.
J Kunjeh
#29 - 2011-12-22 15:00:35 UTC
Hung TuLo wrote:

Says the manchild with the name "Hung TuLo". Yes, grow up indeed.

"The world as we know it came about through an anomaly (anomou)" (The Gospel of Philip, 1-5) 

J Kunjeh
#30 - 2011-12-22 15:01:29 UTC
Borisaurus wrote:
Luv Lee wrote:
Maybe someone does not log in as often as you think? So that is also a way of not being aware.

The Christmas Gifts are a bonus for logging in at the right time of year. Don't log in? Don't get a bonus. And with the exception of the remap, if you really want some of the gifts you can buy them on the market.

Actually, no. The gifts are a bonus for being SUBBED at the right time of year. Why they put a time limit on it is anyone's guess (and it was a stupid idea to do so).

"The world as we know it came about through an anomaly (anomou)" (The Gospel of Philip, 1-5) 

Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#31 - 2011-12-22 15:08:48 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
Adrenalinemax wrote:

If you spend 2 minutes and go here: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Socialmedia you will clearly see that twitter is an OFFICIAL media outlet for EvE Online and you can use it with confidence, like many other things I am sure you are familiar with.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#32 - 2011-12-22 15:12:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Messenger
Too complex system for simple thing as gifts.

I hope that CCP returns to old systems where we all got snowball launcher and some ammo for those.

This current system makes more pissed up people than happy ones.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#33 - 2011-12-22 15:13:12 UTC
J Kunjeh wrote:
Borisaurus wrote:
Luv Lee wrote:

The Christmas Gifts are a bonus for logging in at the right time of year. Don't log in? Don't get a bonus. And with the exception of the remap, if you really want some of the gifts you can buy them on the market.

Actually, no. The gifts are a bonus for being SUBBED at the right time of year. Why they put a time limit on it is anyone's guess (and it was a stupid idea to do so).

I can think of a number of legitimate reasons to put a time limit on the offer that ends right before the Christmas weekend, some of them revolving around the limited staffing that will be available this weekend to deal with gift issues.

So perhaps not so stupid, perhaps simply an attempt to ensure prompt customer service with gift redemption issues.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#34 - 2011-12-22 15:14:43 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
Too complex system for simple thing as gifts.

I hope that CCP returns to old systems where we all got snowball launcher and some ammo for those.

This current system makes more pissed up people than happy ones.

I don't think your opinion is going to be very popular. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Hung TuLo
Running with Dogs
Triumvirate.
#35 - 2011-12-22 15:15:10 UTC
Hung TuLo wrote:
I am so tired of whiners in this game.

This has NOTHING to do with you or how you play EVE. Please do not use the forum just to vent like that.

USe your own statement please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In space all warriors are cold warriors" ---  General Chang  Star Trek VI

Esu Nahalas
Yote Patrol
#36 - 2011-12-22 15:17:11 UTC
Luv Lee wrote:

If that is the case, then why do you expect a gift?
Hung TuLo
Running with Dogs
Triumvirate.
#37 - 2011-12-22 15:17:50 UTC
J Kunjeh wrote:
Hung TuLo wrote:

Says the manchild with the name "Hung TuLo". Yes, grow up indeed.

Your just jealous you didn't think of it first :)

"In space all warriors are cold warriors" ---  General Chang  Star Trek VI

Jack Jombardo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2011-12-22 15:19:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Jombardo
Tyburn Stannis wrote:

Which is why they e-mailed a newsletter, and posted about it several times on the login screen - in addition to theofficial forum posts, homepage news posts, and various dev blogs.

Guy, I realy don't know why you rage that hard.

A DEV allready answared the question.

The forum post just said, they disable NEW claims.
The DEV Blog explained, how remaps are handled.
Both said nothing how allready claimed remaps are handled.
E-Mail Newsletters from game companis -> junk mail filter or disabled
As it's simply to much unimportant information most of the time (Blizzard, CCP, EA and the 100 other publisher which require stupid online registrations for singel player games).

First step for you should be to calm down.
Second you shouldn't try to play DEV when a DEV allready gave all relevant information within one sentence ;).

PS:
Ever tryed to get a new game, when your don't have internet for some time? Cable broken, Provider change, changing of town?
This is something you should use your rage power for ;).
Cindy Marco
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2011-12-22 15:25:26 UTC
Jack Jombardo wrote:
Adrenalinemax wrote:

They tweeted

I have no twitter, no youtube, no stayfriends, no facebook, no myspace or any other form of sozial network account. AND I don't visitor/use this networks as I don't need 600++ anonymos friends which I don't even know. So ... the only recurse of information about EvE is .... tadaaaa ... this forum and the EvE web site *g*.

So very true. I've always felt if someone isn't worth a phone call every couple months (at least) then its not worth my time to keep in touch. And if someone doesn't have my contact info anymore it is because I didn't care for them to have it.
YOU OBEY ME
Doomheim
#40 - 2011-12-22 15:28:25 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Which is why they e-mailed a newsletter

Junk mail. Straight to trash.

Quote:
in addition to theofficial forum posts, homepage news posts, and various dev blogs.

I rarely log into and don't give a crap about the forums, website, dev blogs, etc.

My life doesn't revolve around this game.

Quote:
posted about it several times on the login screen

THIS is the best way to inform players. I can honestly say, though, that the only message I saw was the one still posted about it after it expired.

If previous messages about it were on the login screen, I didn't see them. Likely because the size and formatting of those messages makes it easy to overlook them.