These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones

First post
Author
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#241 - 2011-11-22 05:51:49 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Nyio wrote:
Drones seems to work better now on Sisi, they've got their aggro back and sticks to one target.
I've been using Hammerhead II and Hobgoblin II only and can't say how the rest of them work.

But it looks good! Smile

focus fire, target sticking and reconnect...
Its by far 3 of the most wanted fixes.

Only thing missing now is a word from CCP in regards to implants and a new drone control ui/method.
I think they mentioned before they were considering a new drone control thingy but I never really seen any info about it.

And ofc the before mentioned overview attack command issue which I dont think that meny have even put a thougth into :P
Would be nice if they fixed it too :D

It would seem as if they are reluctent to discuss it futher :D

I cannot comment on what features we will change in future releases... but the drone fix this thread was initially about is going to be in Crucible ;)

yep, I am aware of the fix :D been hammering SISI testing it out :D ( me loves CCP Affinity long time.... :D :D :D :D )
Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#242 - 2011-11-27 12:18:27 UTC
I'm glad you guys were able to resolve this issue in time for Crucible. Good work and thank you.

Miliam Brinalle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#243 - 2011-11-30 09:11:15 UTC
My F key and I appreciate this fix, thank you <3.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#244 - 2011-12-04 13:02:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Had to bump this one because the issue has returned...

Or atleast it did for me on the "blockade" mission ( lvl 4 )...
Drones scattred to several different rats and when ordered otherwise they did as told a few s and then returned to their own targets.

This was my first occurance with this issue since the patch and so I ask... while the issue is fixed as such is there any chance based ( 1%? ) AI screwup that we should be aware of ?

And now also "Recon 1/3"

Edit: "The Score" too :P did check a bit further and the issue only comes when I myself do not issue any orders... which means focus fire still doesnt work, giving them an order does work :D
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#245 - 2011-12-11 14:39:54 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:

Drones scattred to several different rats and when ordered otherwise they did as told a few s and then returned to their own targets.

This was my first occurance with this issue since the patch and so I ask... while the issue is fixed as such is there any chance based ( 1%? ) AI screwup that we should be aware of ?

And now also "Recon 1/3"

Edit: "The Score" too :P did check a bit further and the issue only comes when I myself do not issue any orders... which means focus fire still doesnt work, giving them an order does work :D

I will take a look and get back to you :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#246 - 2011-12-11 18:53:35 UTC
epic monster-selfquote
Bienator II wrote:
.. without knowing the code (obviously): this all looks like a concurrency issue where the "receive player order" action isn't processed for all drones in a critical section. A race condition between game mechanics (agress next target) and the player action (attack selected target) or other game mechanics (oh, the guy shoots me!).

i would bet a beer but sadly i won't make it to fanfest :(

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#247 - 2011-12-22 12:18:59 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:

And now also "Recon 1/3"

I will take a look and get back to you :)

Bump
ISquishWorms
#248 - 2011-12-22 13:09:08 UTC
Confirming a bug that had been fixed is now back. What?

‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#249 - 2011-12-22 22:53:31 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
epic monster-selfquote
Bienator II wrote:
.. without knowing the code (obviously): this all looks like a concurrency issue where the "receive player order" action isn't processed for all drones in a critical section. A race condition between game mechanics (agress next target) and the player action (attack selected target) or other game mechanics (oh, the guy shoots me!).

i would bet a beer but sadly i won't make it to fanfest :(

Just to make myself clear... issuing orders does work, they do as intended since the patch when I assign a target...
The problem comes when leaving them to do their own bidding( afk missioning ftw :D ) thats when they scatter ( no focus fire )
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#250 - 2011-12-25 23:10:55 UTC
Holidays ftw but bumping anyways...
BTW, happy x-mas all !!
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#251 - 2012-01-02 21:04:17 UTC
bump
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#252 - 2012-01-12 11:27:31 UTC
Christmas vacation :) I have tried to repro this with no success - will give it another go

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

ISquishWorms
#253 - 2012-01-12 12:20:57 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Christmas vacation :) I have tried to repro this with no success - will give it another go

It was my fault I forgot we had all our settings reset and in that process focus fire had been unticked.

Hope you had a good Christmas.

‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#254 - 2012-01-12 16:16:10 UTC
I've had both checked and unchecked :P and they just cant focus fire when left alone.
I've been on sisi trying to get a functional 100% repro since sisi's report a bug is so much better.
So far no luck but I will report any 100% repro here too when I find out how to do it.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#255 - 2012-01-12 20:42:15 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:
I've had both checked and unchecked :P and they just cant focus fire when left alone.
I've been on sisi trying to get a functional 100% repro since sisi's report a bug is so much better.
So far no luck but I will report any 100% repro here too when I find out how to do it.

The "sisi" Bug report feature with auto logs and pictures is live on TQ.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Ryans Revenge
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#256 - 2012-01-13 10:46:56 UTC
I can confirm I've also had this bug of drones going idle. Will double check on sisi tonight.

When I told my drones to go attack something they would, for about a minute. After that they would just sit there idle waiting for me to tell them to engage again. Happened three times in a row. I put a bug report in stating my different ranges and situations when it happened.
Bent Barrel
#257 - 2012-01-16 13:06:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Bent Barrel
just to get info. you have to leave them on their own from the start ?

My usual routine:

1. lock initial targets
2. let drones loose: launch and assign attack target
3. pick drone getting fire, return & orbit, lock, rep (drone tank)
4. let the other drones do their own

it happens from time to time that they SPLIT. but if the respective new targets die at the same (near same) time, the drones regroup and attack the next one as a group again.

using hobgoblins/hammerhead t1 and a vexor.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#258 - 2012-01-16 16:46:15 UTC
Bent Barrel wrote:
just to get info. you have to leave them on their own from the start ?

My usual routine:

1. lock initial targets
2. let drones loose: launch and assign attack target
3. pick drone getting fire, return & orbit, lock, rep (drone tank)
4. let the other drones do their own

it happens from time to time that they SPLIT. but if the respective new targets die at the same (near same) time, the drones regroup and attack the next one as a group again.

using hobgoblins/hammerhead t1 and a vexor.

Using my rattle I take my mission, get to the location, get aggro and launch drones... tell them to attack my target and after that I leave them alone to do their thing. Thats where they start ignoring I have "focus fire" set to ON.

But it appears as if getting a 100% repro is harder then I was hoping.
it seems to be happening first fight everytime the client is restarted.