These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The end of code?

First post
Author
Varathius
Enlightened Industries
Goonswarm Federation
#181 - 2015-02-27 10:34:48 UTC
OP:

I am amused to see how much energy you spend because of one guy. I think don't think loya really gives a fart about you, but it is ironic that because of him, you are noticed in the forums. You should thank him for that, not hate him.
Marlin Spikes
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#182 - 2015-02-27 11:41:03 UTC
Who is this "code" that you speak of? And why does it matter? Roll

I couldn't get past the first post...lol

Bombers Rule!!!

Piz Caldera
Caldera Mercenaries
#183 - 2015-02-27 12:50:21 UTC
doenst matter Miss...you have got already 2 HUGE permits, a 3rd from Code you dont need.

thats how you think Miss, right? once, you will also fly with Code permit

jurgen b
Papal Zouaves
#184 - 2015-02-28 02:17:05 UTC
Marlin Spikes wrote:
Who is this "code" that you speak of? And why does it matter? Roll

I couldn't get past the first post...lol

The "CODE" is not a entity or a person, it is a way. and if used correct, then CODE will always win, it will make you survive or it will get you killed, both way's the CODE will always win. i finaly understand what the CODE is.

easy explained, you do the small things that will make it easy to survive in eve, which is a normal code of how the game works, if you dont follow that code it will get you killed. and this means both way the code is always right and will always win. Big smile
Thomas Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#185 - 2015-02-28 09:39:08 UTC
Loyalanon was a caring and considerate sole, frequently she would warp into system asking how i was and if i was crying (she had a bit of a fixation on 'crying') before warping off. She did this quite often even when i was ocassionally afk.

Six Beavers
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2015-02-28 11:53:48 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
All we want is for the highsec griefers to make an effort to anticipate future obligations before announcing their grandiose schemes.

Who is this "we" you speak of? You are a solo forum troll and not a very interesting one at that.
Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#187 - 2015-02-28 16:17:04 UTC
Many ppl have predicted the end of the New Order, all were wrong...
Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#188 - 2015-02-28 22:51:37 UTC
The code always wins when you not stop making threads about them.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#189 - 2015-03-01 03:09:11 UTC
Mark O'Helm wrote:

I fail to see how having people making forum threads pointing out your incompetence and gradual decline constitutes "winning."
Mark O'Helm
#190 - 2015-03-01 03:20:24 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Mark O'Helm wrote:

I fail to see how having people making forum threads pointing out your incompetence and gradual decline constitutes "winning."

I'm fighting code with ignorance and by teaching miner to fly shieldtanked procurers or skiffs and selling their ice to me on the field.
Attention makes code strong. That is what they want. To be noticed. If they would honor their permits i would buy one, but they would get bored by being a professionel safety company. So what they do is racketeering without safety, so even the godfather would spit on them.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#191 - 2015-03-01 04:12:39 UTC
Mark O'Helm wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Mark O'Helm wrote:

I'm fighting code with ignorance and by teaching miner to fly shieldtanked procurers or skiffs and selling their ice to me on the field.
Attention makes code strong. That is what they want. To be noticed. If they would honor their permits i would buy one, but they would get bored by being a professionel safety company. So what they do is racketeering without safety, so even the godfather would spit on them.

Permits are honored, as long as you are Code compliant, and that's where most miners go wrong. A MINING PERMIT DOES NOT RELIEVE YOU OF YOUR OBLIGATION TO BE TRUE TO THE CODE!

Roughly translated this means that a mining permit is just a token that shows you understand EVE gameplay and act accordingly. Hence why the permit fee is so small. It's not about the 10 million isk (who the f* cares about 10 million isk??), it's about acknowledging the fact that you need to be able to hold your own in EVE and accept that you WILL be killed at some point.

Code compliant miners know this and act accordingly (as in: flying a decently tanked proc or skiff and being aware of their surroundings)....
Karla the Careless
Beyond Reproach
#192 - 2015-03-01 04:35:58 UTC
Dirk Decibel wrote:
Mark O'Helm wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Mark O'Helm wrote:

Permits are honored, as long as you are Code compliant, and that's where most miners go wrong. A MINING PERMIT DOES NOT RELIEVE YOU OF YOUR OBLIGATION TO BE TRUE TO THE CODE!

Roughly translated this means that a mining permit is just a token that shows you understand EVE gameplay and act accordingly. Hence why the permit fee is so small. It's not about the 10 million isk (who the f* cares about 10 million isk??), it's about acknowledging the fact that you need to be able to hold your own in EVE and accept that you WILL be killed at some point.

Code compliant miners know this and act accordingly (as in: flying a decently tanked proc or skiff and being aware of their surroundings)....

Or you could get the information free of charge from others, tank your ships, then tell new/old/whatever code where to shove said code to go alongside the carnation crayon that little jimmy uses to write his list on the wall......
Mark O'Helm
#193 - 2015-03-01 05:09:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark O'Helm
But why then are there the Hulks and Macks for if not for mining and the choice to use it(i love my hulks). And what honor is it, to take back permits if somebody take a break and dock up for a while, what was reported somewhere. And if it where legit, what you do i guess, concord would not shoot you. Sry 4 mi bat englisch. Big smile

servalaan
#194 - 2015-03-01 08:06:51 UTC
Dirk Decibel wrote:
What a load of rot you do talk, permits are never honoured..... ever!
How else will the ring sausages keep the (getting boring now) stories for Minerbumping?
The permit itself is a badge of shame, older pilots like myself would never put that crap in their bio's.
The point of the permit refers back to the point I made about content for your website, it's just a list of available targets you can gank and 8/10 times you will get the 'content' reaction your looking for.

Dirk Decibel wrote:
Roughly translated this means that a mining permit is just a token that shows you understand EVE gameplay and act accordingly.

Hence why the permit fee is so small. It's not about the 10 million isk (who the f* cares about 10 million isk??),
I care!! it's my ISK, I earned it so your not taking it.
This isn't EvE gameplay, it's griefing.

Dirk Decibel wrote:
it's about acknowledging the fact that you need to be able to hold your own in EVE and accept that you WILL be killed at some point.
True, but not by you clowns I won't.

Dirk Decibel wrote:
Well I'm a NON compliant miner flying a 250 million ISK Hulk with no tank, fitted for MAXIMUM yeild and very aware of my surroundings.
In Uedema, in a Hulk... you have to be!

If pinocchio told you his nose was about to grow, what would happen?

servalaan
#195 - 2015-03-01 08:12:44 UTC  |  Edited by: servalaan
Double poost

servalaan
#196 - 2015-03-01 08:14:04 UTC
Code always whines, ALWAYS.

Mark O'Helm
#197 - 2015-03-01 08:16:22 UTC
servalaan wrote:
Dirk Decibel wrote:
How else will the ring sausages keep the (getting boring now) stories for Minerbumping?
The permit itself is a badge of shame, older pilots like myself would never put that crap in their bio's.
The point of the permit refers back to the point I made about content for your website, it's just a list of available targets you can gank and 8/10 times you will get the 'content' reaction your looking for.

Exactly. Youre post gives them what they want. Please stop ranting.

Black Pedro
Mine.
#198 - 2015-03-01 08:50:57 UTC
servalaan wrote:

Of course permits are honoured - if you hear anything else it is just from opponents of the New Order spreading lies and rumours for their own purposes. No one can point to a single example of a permit holder being ganked while obeying the Code. It really is much more satisfying to explode someone who you have given an option to comply and avoid destruction, than to just destroy everything you can see. Besides, that wouldn't further our goal of a happy, healthy and compliant highsec to just kill everyone.

servalaan wrote:
This isn't EvE gameplay, it's griefing.
Also false. Scams, non-consensual PvP, extortion rackets and the claiming of space and imposing your will on it are all at the very core of the design of Eve. I suggest you read the New Pilot FAQ.

Suicide ganking has been put in to the game by design - this has been confirmed multiple times by the developers and therefore is not griefing. It is intended Eve gameplay.

servalaan wrote:
Well I'm a NON compliant miner flying a 250 million ISK Hulk with no tank, fitted for MAXIMUM yeild and very aware of my surroundings.
In Uedema, in a Hulk... you have to be!

Sounds like you are very Code-compliant in almost every respect except the permit. You are engaging with the game and protecting your assets (by actually playing it instead of going AFK) exactly as we in the New Order want.

The Code always wins. Always.
Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#199 - 2015-03-01 12:53:48 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:

Sounds like you are very Code-compliant in almost every respect except the permit. You are engaging with the game and protecting your assets (by actually playing it instead of going AFK) exactly as we in the New Order want.

The Code always wins. Always.

The beauty of the Code! <3
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#200 - 2015-03-03 04:00:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Veers Belvar wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

It's certainly laudable to have real life commitments - I myself have many important ones. They should factor into your thinking before you make broad statements about changing the nature of the game. For example, declaring that you have an 8 year plan to destroy all PvE play in highsec may be a poor decision if you a) work 60 hours a week at Mcdonalds, and b) have major ADD issues. All we want is for the highsec griefers to make an effort to anticipate future obligations before announcing their grandiose schemes.

Nobody can anticipate future obligations. Life has a way of changing best laid plans. We both know that trying to be a casual EVE player can be challenging prospect.

Why don't you be a bigger person and wish them good luck?

Well, because they spent their entire time in the game attempting to inflict pain and misery and others, and force highsec PvE players to play a PvP shoot em up game that they have no interest in playing. Thus, good luck would be inapposite. Good riddance, you lost, highsec PvE players always win, or something of the sort, would be much more appropriate. No shame in standing up to bad people, winning as per usual, and spreading the tale of your glorious victory, to be remembered in posterity by great and poor alike.

Well...

If I lost because I treat real life more important than a game then I guess you are right. Maybe you should sit back from the screen and think real hard what you are saying here.

My intent was always to be the villain and play the game it allows me to play. I have done that and then some, I have enjoyed EVE for 4 years and lolled at people like yourself that have come and gone through those years. You are no different then any other troll that has it in for a group of people playing the game differently then yourself. And we have those trolls on both sides of the fence.

You my friend are no different then James315, you are just polar opposites. And although I am no fan of ganking (Yes I tried it that is why I can say I do not like it) the horrible fact is... James has accomplished more than you ever have or will. Actions speak louder than words, he Actions with his underlings and you just talk because you cannot find anybody to take you serious enough. Not even those who are on the same side of the fence.

If you are going to insult me for my choice of gameplay that is allowed or the fact that I am a casual gamer that sometimes need go offline, at least have some class when doing so. You come of as a very bitter person and that makes me feel sorry for you.

Maybe have a happy meal once a day, should not be expensive for you since I am sure employees get it for free. Then you can at least tell people you were happy at least once a day.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk