These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Christmas gifts

First post
Author
Luv Lee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-12-22 11:37:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Luv Lee
I have a problem, I was not aware that you have to select the gift before today! Now 2 of my account didnt choose a gift, can i still choose a gift or get a gift?
Mirabi Tiane
#2 - 2011-12-22 11:39:07 UTC
No.
Learn to pay attention.
Sadayiel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-12-22 11:42:43 UTC
tought it lasted till the 25th well missed the bonus on my alt, Meh can live without it anyway Big smile
Luv Lee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-12-22 11:44:54 UTC
Mirabi Tiane wrote:
No.
Learn to pay attention.

Not helping, learn to help.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#5 - 2011-12-22 11:50:39 UTC
Luv Lee wrote:
Mirabi Tiane wrote:
No.
Learn to pay attention.

Not helping, learn to help.

@Luv Lee.

Mirabi is quite correct, too many people simply do not pay attention to the news as you log on to your account, just before selecting your character. It's apathy and it is why you have yourself to thank, you cannot blame CCP for this.

Next CSM election will probably yield the same results and again, people who do not give a rats azz to read a news update about voting, will also again be the one's complaining.

You posted here stating you had a problem, saying you were not aware. Truly, you have only yourself to blame. You want to get upset because someone points this out to you ? That would be very typical of your nature. Shout out "foul" because you stuck your hand into a fire and it burnt you.

'Nuff said.
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2011-12-22 11:52:00 UTC
If you did not claim your gift you can submit a petition and the GM's will look at each petition on a case by case basis. This is not a promise that you will get a gift but it never hurts to ask.

Customer support will NOT be changing gifts at this stage. If you picked one thing and want to change it to something else then that is, unfortunately, not possible.
Luv Lee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-12-22 11:53:21 UTC
Maybe someone does not log in as often as you think? So that is also a way of not being aware.
Luv Lee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-12-22 11:53:46 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
If you did not claim your gift you can submit a petition and the GM's will look at each petition on a case by case basis. This is not a promise that you will get a gift but it never hurts to ask.

Customer support will NOT be changing gifts at this stage. If you picked one thing and want to change it to something else then that is, unfortunately, not possible.

Okay thanks, will do.

Luv.
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#9 - 2011-12-22 11:58:15 UTC
Disappointed. This just encourages the culture of "someone else's problem" or "someone will do it for me", in this case manifesting as being able to petition for your own laziness / incompetence - instead of players taking responsibility for their own rewards in the first place.
Jack Jombardo
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-12-22 11:58:40 UTC
I claimed the gift 1,5 weeks ago. The remap when it still was active.

After the discussion and remove of remap, I checked many times but any time I got told "you allready chose a gift".

But I got no remap nor present box :( ?
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#11 - 2011-12-22 12:04:02 UTC
i have two characters. one choose boosters and i redeemed them and that is ok
the other char choose remap but i logged in 1 min ago and stil no remap (no redeem option either)

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Hung TuLo
Running with Dogs
Triumvirate.
#12 - 2011-12-22 12:06:01 UTC
HHHMMM, Also chose the remap. DIdn't see it this morning when I logged in. EH maybe it was still too early.

By they way all Merry Christmas.

Remember the reason for the season is not getting the gifts but receiving the Gift of salvation from Jesus Christ.

"In space all warriors are cold warriors" ---  General Chang  Star Trek VI

CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2011-12-22 12:06:58 UTC
Ellendras Silver wrote:
i have two characters. one choose boosters and i redeemed them and that is ok
the other char choose remap but i logged in 1 min ago and stil no remap (no redeem option either)

Remaps will be applied throughout the day so if it has not shown up yet then try logging in again later.
Endeavour Starfleet
#14 - 2011-12-22 13:13:57 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

If you look at the topic I made you will note more than a few people with the same situation as me.

We have one or multiple accounts paid yet because of the holidays our time on the forum and game is limited. This put us in a poor ability to learn of the need to use the account management.

I assumed you were going to do it at the character select screen in game. Yes I could have confirmed that but I had no reason to suspect there was that big of a change. And did not want to pester the forum with a topic asking about it.

So being "patient" in this case was not correct. I am not demanding my remap but I do hope the GMs or the team can sympathize with our situation when we petition.
Hung TuLo
Running with Dogs
Triumvirate.
#15 - 2011-12-22 13:52:56 UTC
I am so tired of whiners in this game.

Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In space all warriors are cold warriors" ---  General Chang  Star Trek VI

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#16 - 2011-12-22 14:01:14 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Disappointed. This just encourages the culture of "someone else's problem" or "someone will do it for me", in this case manifesting as being able to petition for your own laziness / incompetence - instead of players taking responsibility for their own rewards in the first place.

Blink

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Borisaurus
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#17 - 2011-12-22 14:03:55 UTC
Luv Lee wrote:
Maybe someone does not log in as often as you think? So that is also a way of not being aware.

The Christmas Gifts are a bonus for logging in at the right time of year. Don't log in? Don't get a bonus. And with the exception of the remap, if you really want some of the gifts you can buy them on the market.
STUPID FACE DIARRHEA
Doomheim
#18 - 2011-12-22 14:04:08 UTC
Hung TuLo wrote:

stop whining
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-12-22 14:04:32 UTC
I blame the OP for scammers in Jita.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Endeavour Starfleet
#20 - 2011-12-22 14:04:49 UTC
Hung TuLo wrote:

This has NOTHING to do with you or how you play EVE. Please do not use the forum just to vent like that.
123Next pageLast page