These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP PLEASE Do somthing to memorialize Leonard Nimoy

First post
Author
Star's Revenge
Hoogalish Enterprises
#1 - 2015-02-27 18:10:31 UTC

Joesph Canter I pray that CCP will have a tribute to this ICON of for what we at Eve-Online stand for. “SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER” {Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.} My Eve-Online Character “Preytar Shizon” RIP for an Eternally Mr. Spok. 07

I could not agree more. CCP please do something to memorialize Leonard Nimoy. What, I am not sure, but something PLEASE. I think the community agrees.
Utemetsu
#2 - 2015-02-27 18:12:03 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3 - 2015-02-27 18:14:43 UTC
*tags this thread as 'Leonard Nimoy thread#2' and leaves it in a nice secluded area to wake up and be on its way.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#4 - 2015-02-27 18:23:02 UTC
Why

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Jallukola
#5 - 2015-02-27 18:29:27 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Why

Exactly, why?

B-b-b-b-b-because mmmm-muh childhood, aaaaa-an' Stur Truck.

All posts and mails screencapped and time stamped, including out of EVE, you will not reverse on me.

Might come in handy!

Star's Revenge
Hoogalish Enterprises
#6 - 2015-02-27 18:39:11 UTC
Time and place.
stoicfaux
#7 - 2015-02-27 19:37:21 UTC
Don't encourage the Vulcans carebears by giving them a memorial.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Da'iel Zehn
Evil Frosty's Premium Liqours and Fine Wines
#8 - 2015-02-27 20:19:53 UTC
I completely agree with the OP.

07 Spock...

Sad
PhantomMajor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-02-27 22:46:15 UTC
+1

How about a certificate of intelligence when you get science lvl 5 (back dated for those who have that skill), similar to the Structure Tanking certificate for hull upgrades lvl 5
Ambassador Spock
Doomheim
#10 - 2015-02-27 22:55:07 UTC
Da'iel Zehn wrote:

07 Spock...

Sad

o7 to you as well. In all seriousness though, I'd support something in-game to commemorate a man who has done so much to bring sci-fi dreams to generations. I didn't pick my name by random 2.5 years ago.

--  - Ambassador Spock

"Vulcans never bluff."

MooMooDachshundCow
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2015-02-27 22:58:27 UTC
Eve is not Star Trek. Your proposal is not logical.

Yeah, well, it's just like my opinion, man.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#12 - 2015-02-27 23:33:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Er, I think Star Trek also has a bunch of MMO's, they can do something about it there. If you start with one, hey why not have an Asimov memorial and a Clarke memorial and a Rodenberry memorial and when Shatner dies... a....... Shatner.........
memorial.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#13 - 2015-02-27 23:50:52 UTC
I agree, but as there already is a thread on the same topic, this one gets a lock.

The Rules:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss.
If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost.
Please keep discussion regarding a topic to a single thread.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)