These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

unable to connect to 87.237.38.200 on port 26000

First post
Author
Lieutenant Biscuits
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2015-02-26 13:23:29 UTC
so yer i get this error :(

and yes i know you are supposed to let the launcher do its thing and update however my launcher doesnt work. the download bar and the play button are greyed out, it lets me login though.

not my antivirus/firewall

so i can only access the game via the exe file in the bin folder. but now i get this >.<

The repair feature didnt solve my problems. i opened a ticket about my luancher issues however ccp said it is my anti-virus/firewall and then closed the ticket. and no it is not them as i have tried completely disabling t hem rebooting and then trying ect...

any ideas?
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#2 - 2015-02-26 13:34:47 UTC
When you get this message it means you need to run repair.exe to patch. Use (install path)\CCP\EVE\repair.exe
Once you are able to run the client directly, then run the launcher to allow it to patch itself.

There's a Dev posting somewhere about fixing some launcher issues by deleting the launcher completely and downloading a new one.
Lieutenant Biscuits
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2015-02-26 13:35:55 UTC
Hey guys,

Apparently the repair tool did work, after about the 4th attempt at running it. still like to figure out why my launcher wont work thought lol
Lieutenant Biscuits
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2015-02-26 13:37:28 UTC
KIller Wabbit wrote:
When you get this message it means you need to run repair.exe to patch. Use (install path)\CCP\EVE\repair.exe
Once you are able to run the client directly, then run the launcher to allow it to patch itself.

There's a Dev posting somewhere about fixing some launcher issues by deleting the launcher completely and downloading a new one.

ahhh i see. thanks. i will try deleting the launcher and see if that works. will it just be the launcher exe or will there be other files to delete too?
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-02-26 13:45:14 UTC
You can also clear the cache file, this can also help with such matters.

Located on the launcher start-up. Top right corner (Grey cog icon) EVE Launcher Settings.

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Lieutenant Biscuits
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2015-02-26 14:04:00 UTC
Celise Katelo wrote:
You can also clear the cache file, this can also help with such matters.

Located on the launcher start-up. Top right corner (Grey cog icon) EVE Launcher Settings.

ye i tried this, unfortunately nothing happend :( just deleted all my overview settings ect.. :(
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#7 - 2015-02-26 15:11:05 UTC
Lieutenant Biscuits wrote:
KIller Wabbit wrote:

ahhh i see. thanks. i will try deleting the launcher and see if that works. will it just be the launcher exe or will there be other files to delete too?

There were specific instructions - I believe it involved removing a folder.. one sec...

Here it is: https://ccpcommunity.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202664365-Reinstalling-the-Launcher
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#8 - 2015-02-26 16:53:48 UTC
This thread has been moved to Issues, Workarounds & Localization.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)