These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wich csm representative is for miners ?

First post First post
Author
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-02-25 15:35:35 UTC
Hakuren Shidou wrote:
kinda curious i was looking into the csm forum section but WHo stands for miners ?

Of course, miners should always stand up for themselves, too. While CSM "representation" is a good thing, folks still need to think and act for themselves (more often than not).

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Omar Alharazaad
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-02-25 15:37:31 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

I've never said it wasn't a valid gameplay, i'm just saying that it's quite a bit more dangerous and stressful than mining with others.

Nevermind that, if you're going to pay CCP $15 a month to solo mine, you might as well just be playing a Facebook game.

Vote Sabriz. The excitement you need, whether you know it or not.

A solo miner who's doing it right IS playing with others... he's just that quiet kid in the back of the room everyone worries about.
They know what he doesn't know, and that's that he's eventually gonna flip out and kill them all.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Josef Djugashvilis
#23 - 2015-02-25 15:38:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
It is a pity that Keith Eaton does not wish to stand for the CSM.

He seems to think that all of the game is important, not just his favourite part.

This is not a signature.

Dave Stark
#24 - 2015-02-25 15:39:35 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
The non voting masses: Why should I bother voting, its not like my vote will matter.

the actual answer is "freebies".
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#25 - 2015-02-25 15:41:09 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

Sabriz is the candidate that supports miners most fully from what I've seen.

That one is the most incompent CSM candidate.

He covers almost nothing of New Eden.
Just ganking.
He can not understand anything else.

No miners, no misioniers, no kind of PvE wether in hi-,lo or nullecs.
He thinks the Alliance Tournament is not part of EvE and is in every direction short sighted at best.
No respect or understanding for people with different playstyles than his own.
miners are just good for his kill board.
he denies the importance of the AT for a certain reason...
btw denial of the AT:
What about the "worlds collide"?
Tranquility vs Serenity?
Of course has nothing to do with eve...
at least not with hisec...

So who to vote?
Mike Azariah
Steve Ronuken

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#26 - 2015-02-25 15:42:36 UTC
People die for the right to vote even in 2015. Make sure you use your right to vote. Smile

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#27 - 2015-02-25 15:44:00 UTC
As far as i know and that would be not much Mike A dude in only one who is trying to keep hi sec playground in one piece for newcomers after we all graduate to elite f1 pushers and highest elite pvp available ie shooting new accounts and ganking miners.

So id say check him out maybe hi fits a bil.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Omar Alharazaad
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-02-25 15:45:15 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

Sabriz is the candidate that supports miners most fully from what I've seen.

That one is the most incompent CSM candidate.

He covers almost nothing of New Eden.
Just ganking.
He can not understand anything else.

No miners, no misioniers, no kind of PvE wether in hi-,lo or nullecs.
He thinks the Alliance Tournament is not part of EvE and is in every direction short sighted at best.
No respect or understanding for people with different playstyles than his own.
miners are just good for his kill board.
he denies the importance of the AT for a certain reason...
btw denial of the AT:
What about the "worlds collide"?
Tranquility vs Serenity?
Of course has nothing to do with eve...
at least not with hisec...

So who to vote?
Mike Azariah
Steve Ronuken

You just look like you need a hug.
Not gonna argue with you.
Too drunk to do so coherently anyways.
So here.
have
a
hug
*hug*

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#29 - 2015-02-25 15:46:43 UTC
La Rynx wrote:

So who to vote?

Why, you vote for the list naturally!

Miners and industrialists of highsec rejoice! Vote for the people on the list and we will get more destruction in nullsec as more people are able to take systems for themselves. More death means a need for more ships, more ships means more minerals needed, more minerals needed means higher prices for the minerals YOU mine.

Vote smart, vote often, follow the list for a better tomorrow.
Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#30 - 2015-02-25 15:47:44 UTC
Taking the devils advocate for a minute.

Sabriz Adoudel has a t least two good ideas:

Increase the wardec charges if a stronger corp/alliance wardecs a weaker/smaller corp/alliance.

Introduce small benefits to being a long term member of a player-run corporation such as small percentage increases in mining yield.

So not all bad. Smile
Black Pedro
Mine.
#31 - 2015-02-25 15:52:43 UTC
Hmm. I just realized that although it makes up only a tiny percent of my play time, the PvE activity I do the most is mining (gas to be precise) so by that definition I am a miner.

I'll be voting for Sabriz who is for many things I like, including making mining a more engaging and rewarding experience for active and aware miners. Steve, who is for similar reforms, will probably also find a place on my ballot.
Belinda HwaFang
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2015-02-25 16:03:32 UTC
Steve Ronuken is your best bet if you are at all doing industry outside of just mining ore and selling it.

But I beg you to expand your mind and look for candidates who don't advocate just one playstyle (I'm not saying that is Steve, by the way)
--
Fang
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#33 - 2015-02-25 16:15:41 UTC
Tora Bushido is extremely miner friendly. While he might be the leader of one of the largest highsec PVP entities in the game, his policies are all laced with carebear agendas.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#34 - 2015-02-25 16:50:54 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
I'd still vote for Sabriz over most of the other candidates... I prefer a risky and exciting high sec over a foam padded one. Without a potential for real loss, can you really enjoy gain?
So if your for risk, why would you want to foam pad ganking even further? If your for "real loss", then why don't you care that most ganks are done with disposable ships that literally cost less than pocket change.

I have no problem if people want to add risk to highsec in balance. I have no problem if people want to remove reward from highsec in balance. What I have an issue with are people like Sabriz who want to add benefits to them and theirs and support changes game mechanics to force other players to need to engage in battles which they will definitely lose, and in gameplay they don't enjoy, just to provide themselves with more targets. I have a problem with people who hide behind the pretense of wanting balance while pushing for the scales to tilt in their favour.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#35 - 2015-02-25 16:53:06 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
I've never said it wasn't a valid gameplay, i'm just saying that it's quite a bit more dangerous and stressful than mining with others.
Nevermind that, if you're going to pay CCP $15 a month to solo mine, you might as well just be playing a Facebook game.

People pay CCP $15 a month to play however they want. Whether or not you think their gameplay style is exciting enough is irrelevant.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#36 - 2015-02-25 17:01:35 UTC
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Taking the devils advocate for a minute.

Sabriz Adoudel has a t least two good ideas:

Increase the wardec charges if a stronger corp/alliance wardecs a weaker/smaller corp/alliance.
Arguable. The problem is that most of the most competent highsec PvP group that wardec are tiny, so the amounts they pay would likely not change much. Also, with his idea there's the issue that you can wardec anyone for cheap using a 1 man corp then invite your real corp as allies.

The way it currently works is you pay more to have more war targets. The whole system needs an overhaul to be honest though.

Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Introduce small benefits to being a long term member of a player-run corporation such as small percentage increases in mining yield.
So bring WoW guild perks to EVE. What woulds stop people simply running their own corps for one or two characters just to get the bonuses and still being about as free from conflict as they currently are? And then you'd also have the issue that a group wardecs them who they stand absolutely zero chance of defending against, now they have the options:
- Drop corp and lose all of your bonuses
- Don't play until the wardec is over.
- Pay a substantial amount of isk for either a surrender or hire mercs which may or may not be effective.

At the end of the day, that idea is to make it easier for wardec groups to force corps into positions they can't function in so that they are forced to lose out whatever they do.

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#37 - 2015-02-25 17:05:02 UTC
Hakuren Shidou wrote:
kinda curious i was looking into the csm forum section but WHo stands for miners ?

James 315
Spurty
#38 - 2015-02-25 17:15:54 UTC
Well I voted for 1 goon approved guy mostly because he didn't say he was a goon approved candidate.

No one's perfect i guess :O

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#39 - 2015-02-25 17:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
if you're going to pay CCP $15 a month to solo mine, you might as well just be playing a Facebook game.

So what?
Not yours to decide. CCP wants them and tries to entice those players. EvE gets more Lore stuff, which is more likely to be enjoyed by more PvE players.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

I know very well what i need. What i do not need are smartas?s, who try to tell me what i have to do. That wont work.

Even i could be a better CSM than Sabriz. Even if ganking is not my kind of game, i can take the view and the needs of gankers and weigh them carefully with the needs of ALL other players. AND i am not trying to tell others what they should do.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Harry Saq
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2015-02-25 17:54:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Saq
If you want to look up the actual candidates responses rather than fill out the 60 questions yourself, go here:
http://match.eve-csm.com/compare.php

You can also check box individual candidates in case the page is breaking or being dumb ;)