These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Wich csm representative is for miners ?

First post First post
Author
Hakuren Shidou
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-02-25 13:43:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakuren Shidou
kinda curious i was looking into the csm forum section but WHo stands for miners ?

i got my answer

Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
As to Sabriz and boring:

I like mining, it is when I kick back, relax with the corp / fleet / alliance. When I check my EVE mails, read the forums a bit, get some work done at home.

AttentionArrowI find mining very social.
If a stupid mini-game were introduced, I would stop mining and probably just spin my ship.

Hakuren Shidou wrote:
kinda curious i was looking into the csm forum section but WHO stands for miners ?
Me.
Best example here.
I have mined in all types of space, high sec, low sec, NPC null sec, worm holes and SOV null sec.

I want miners to have more ability to stand and fight. I do stand for a lot of other things too.

so there we have it.
This is in line with what i as a player want. so ill go for this thanks everyone who posted.
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#2 - 2015-02-25 13:45:21 UTC
was also looking for miner-friendly CSM's but havent found any , most are pvp pve wormhole etc.
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2015-02-25 13:45:56 UTC
http://match.eve-csm.com/candidates.php

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

jurgen b
Papal Zouaves
#4 - 2015-02-25 13:50:18 UTC
Why do you want a CSM that has 1 tought 1 mind, it all end up in endless discussing with no sollution. we need CSM's that can think in chains, because that is how EVE works 1 effects the other and CSM that can think out of the box and representing balance for everyone. everyone i read just talks about 1 part without overthinking the other parts. each lives in his own bubble

i want a CSM that get rid of bubbles Cool JK
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2015-02-25 13:52:46 UTC
Got nothing to do? Then exercise your Democratic right and go vote for the CSM.

My that's a lot of people to chose from, if only there was a way to know which ones to vote for. Well great news, we have done all the hard work for you!

Sion Kumitomo
Endie
Thoric Frosthammer
Manfred Sideous
Bobmon
Bam Stroker
Sort Dragon
Gorga
UAxDEATH
Corebloodbrothers
Corbexx
Steve Ronuken
Sugar Kyle
Tora Bushido

Highsec sperg: But dem alls be nasty nullblob types.

Quite right peasant and its that way for a reason. This is the year that CCP "fixes" sov and all of the above are dedicated to ridding us of the current terrible system and replacing it with one that will;

• Reduce goons to one region.
  • Deal with the 20,000 supers (we arn't kidding, ******* things are everywhere) out there to end their reign of invulnerable **** machines.
  • Make it worth living in nullsec without blanket nerfs to highsec
  • Crush T3s beneath the collective heel of their boots
  • End the reign of the sentry doctrine.

• The non voting masses: Why should I bother voting, its not like my vote will matter.

Oh you couldn't be more wrong. By exercising your democratic right and voting for the correct candidates you are making sure not only that **** gets done but that **** gets done right. CCP cannot afford to flunk this test and so they need the best advice possible from the most experienced people in the game.

Lucas Kell
    Solitude Trading
    #6 - 2015-02-25 13:55:04 UTC
    Hakuren Shidou wrote:
    kinda curious i was looking into the csm forum section but WHo stands for miners ?
    While not directly for miners, your best bet is probably Steve Ronuken as he's very industry focused. If you're exclusively in highsec, Mike Azariah is a good idea too.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Sara Soda
    Doomheim
    #7 - 2015-02-25 14:00:55 UTC
    You tell us who represents the miners and we will all vote for them...miners have rights too!!
    jurgen b
    Papal Zouaves
    #8 - 2015-02-25 14:03:14 UTC
    Lucas Kell wrote:
    Hakuren Shidou wrote:
    While not directly for miners, your best bet is probably Steve Ronuken as he's very industry focused. If you're exclusively in highsec, Mike Azariah is a good idea too.

To bad you aint running CSM Big smile from all post i have followed so far you seem to have a descent balanced logic about EVE.
    Omar Alharazaad
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #9 - 2015-02-25 14:04:58 UTC
    *BLINK*
    *chokes on something that may or may not be there*

Sabriz is the candidate that supports miners most fully from what I've seen.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

MicDeath Titan
    No Mans Corp
    incendia equus
    #10 - 2015-02-25 14:13:46 UTC
    I am the CSM hopeful for miners, I missed the deadlines, because I was too busy mining.
    Lucas Kell
    Solitude Trading
    #11 - 2015-02-25 14:13:57 UTC
    jurgen b wrote:
    Lucas Kell wrote:
    Hakuren Shidou wrote:
    To bad you aint running CSM Big smile from all post i have followed so far you seem to have a descent balanced logic about EVE.
    Heh, I can't even begin to imagine how hard the trolls would troll if I ran for CSM, though it's something I've considered. It's too much time to commit with other responsibilities right now however.

Omar Alharazaad wrote:
    *BLINK*
    *chokes on something that may or may not be there*

Sabriz is the candidate that supports miners most fully from what I've seen.
    Lol? Sabriz is under the impression that miner should in fact spend the vast majority of their time attempting to fight back (with guns, not with meta) against players who will definitely win against them. Sabriz is literally the worst person a miner could vote for, since he's so biased against their entire playstyle, he'd happily see it removed. I wrote a short review of his campaign, and it's certainly not an uncommon view that Sabriz would be bad for the CSM. Surprisingly, judging by what baltec has put above (I haven't checked yet) Sabriz didn't even make the CFC vote.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Kaarous Aldurald
    Black Hydra Consortium.
    #12 - 2015-02-25 14:15:14 UTC
    Sabriz Adoudel is your man-playing-an-in-game-woman.

No CSM member will fight harder for good, honest miners, while punishing the true bad guys of New Eden.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Omar Alharazaad
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #13 - 2015-02-25 14:32:38 UTC
    I had a chance to chat with Sabriz a few weeks back. We don't see 100% eye to eye on the mining thing to be honest, but on most salient points we do agree.

Mining isn't a bad thing, and miners are not bad people. The problem really lies in the NPE when it comes down to it. It encourages newblets to do it solo, and to be honest that's a terrible way to mine. By yourself you have to carry the entire burden of a situational awareness and self preservation. It's a royal pain. Back when I still mined it was possibly the single most stress inducing activity I engaged in. Making sure you're aligned, pretargetting the next roids so you could harvest them while they were within range, watching local for spikes and known gankers and mashing D-Scan to detect possible incoming gankers is simply exhausting by yourself. It's so much easier when you've got some buddies to share the burden of keeping an eye out, even moreso if you've got a few bros in ewar ships keeping lookout while you and your crew get your nom on.
    Also, doing it solo means the only thing you get to talk to are the rocks, and you REALLY don't want to know what they have to say back.

Fighting back against those who threaten your way of life isn't a bad thing. Method is the issue. Target denial is the soundest approach, as most of those ships aren't really built for brawling. I'd still vote for Sabriz over most of the other candidates... I prefer a risky and exciting high sec over a foam padded one. Without a potential for real loss, can you really enjoy gain?

Kiandoshia
    Likely Suspects
    RAZOR Alliance
    #14 - 2015-02-25 14:36:06 UTC
    What do you expect a mining representative to do?

Why don't you become one yourself?
    Sibyyl
    Garoun Investment Bank
    Gallente Federation
    #15 - 2015-02-25 14:53:58 UTC

Hakuren Shidou wrote:

You hardly speak for all miners, so don't post like that.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Jishi Padecain
    Center for Advanced Studies
    Gallente Federation
    #16 - 2015-02-25 14:55:47 UTC
    Confirming Sabriz Adoudel should be #1 on your list.

And this is coming from a miner.
    Richard Tsasa
    #17 - 2015-02-25 15:27:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Richard Tsasa
    Omar Alharazaad wrote:
    I had a chance to chat with Sabriz a few weeks back. We don't see 100% eye to eye on the mining thing to be honest, but on most salient points we do agree.

Mining isn't a bad thing, and miners are not bad people. The problem really lies in the NPE when it comes down to it. It encourages newblets to do it solo, and to be honest that's a terrible way to mine. By yourself you have to carry the entire burden of a situational awareness and self preservation. It's a royal pain. Back when I still mined it was possibly the single most stress inducing activity I engaged in. Making sure you're aligned, pretargetting the next roids so you could harvest them while they were within range, watching local for spikes and known gankers and mashing D-Scan to detect possible incoming gankers is simply exhausting by yourself. It's so much easier when you've got some buddies to share the burden of keeping an eye out, even moreso if you've got a few bros in ewar ships keeping lookout while you and your crew get your nom on.
    Also, doing it solo means the only thing you get to talk to are the rocks, and you REALLY don't want to know what they have to say back.

Fighting back against those who threaten your way of life isn't a bad thing. Method is the issue. Target denial is the soundest approach, as most of those ships aren't really built for brawling. I'd still vote for Sabriz over most of the other candidates... I prefer a risky and exciting high sec over a foam padded one. Without a potential for real loss, can you really enjoy gain?

Solo Mining is and should remain as valid a gameplay choice as Group/Fleet Mining imo and I am looking for Candidates that see it the same way. According you Sabriz does not.

Thanks for the info on Sabriz. After reading you comments I am convinced Sabriz is not one of my choices for CSM.

A Dinosaur on a Spaceship. Imagine that... wait... don't. It's not pretty. (forum alt alert)

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
    Department 10
    #18 - 2015-02-25 15:33:16 UTC
    It depends what you desire in terms of support for miners. If you want a candidate to support 'afk' mining with ISBoxer type software use I don't think there will be one. No offence intended there but just a statement of fact.

I recommend you do the questionnaire that is linked on the latest CSM dev blog. It takes a looong time to complete as there are so many questions but if you fill it in honestly it links the best candidates for you.

For miners I think the best CSM candidates are Steve Ronuken & Migui X'hyrrn. Actually they are both in favour of iterating the mining profession which does worry me a little given how so many other professions and elements of the game recently iterated have come out of the process in a bad state. Not sure about Miqui ideas but Steve wants to keep the existing 'point & click' nature of mining currently used while adding other processes to 'reserve' your own stocks of ore and enable better qualities of ore. I actually like his ideas so I think Steve will get our votes.

Interestingly Sabriz Adoudel also supports Steve s mining proposal but she also wants to 'remove' high sec so I would not suggest voting for her.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Omar Alharazaad
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #19 - 2015-02-25 15:33:30 UTC
    Solo mining can absolutely be accomplished. My point was that in doing so you are taking on yourself a much heavier burden than you would be when shared with others.

I used to mine solo quite frequently. I quit because it was too stressful. Constantly jamming D-Scan to make sure cats weren't incoming, keeping my roids lined up so I could swap targets as they went out of range... keeping a watchful eye on local for spikes and checking the profiles of new folks showing up in system to make sure they weren't active threats... it's exhausting and leads to chain smoking if that's a vice of yours.

I've never said it wasn't a valid gameplay, i'm just saying that it's quite a bit more dangerous and stressful than mining with others.

Kaarous Aldurald
    Black Hydra Consortium.
    #20 - 2015-02-25 15:35:06 UTC
    Omar Alharazaad wrote:

I've never said it wasn't a valid gameplay, i'm just saying that it's quite a bit more dangerous and stressful than mining with others.

Nevermind that, if you're going to pay CCP $15 a month to solo mine, you might as well just be playing a Facebook game.

Vote Sabriz. The excitement you need, whether you know it or not.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

123Next pageLast page