These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

First post First post
Author
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#281 - 2015-02-25 13:36:27 UTC
Miwako Tani wrote:
wow (no pun intended)!

as a new player, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how the community (most of it ) handles such minor setbacks. I remember, years ago, last time I was playing mmos, people b*tchin and ranting about how the devs hate them for extended downtime, all the nonsense.

stuff happens, this community is gracious in such times

much love <3 I'm glad to be a part of this


New players, best players.
Send me an EVE Mail when you run into trouble and/or need advice.
Syndiaan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#282 - 2015-02-25 13:36:37 UTC
Faye Ren wrote:
Thats true, the day is not over yet. But some of us cant play 24/7. Some can go online for 1-2 hours at best.



And yet life will continue to go on even though you did not get to play a video game for 1 - 2 hours.
Ragnar Haligon
Doomheim
#283 - 2015-02-25 13:36:44 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Today's daily downtime will be extended by 30 minutes in order for us to make some short notice hardware changes to Tranquility.

We expect to be online and accepting connections at 12:00 UTC.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this unscheduled extension.

- F

UPDATE:

11:56 UTC - DOWNTIME WILL BE FURTHER EXTENDED WHILE WE WORK ON TRANQUILITY
12:00 UTC - APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAY - CURRENTLY NO ETA WHEN TRANQUILITY WILL BE AVAILABLE
12:50 UTC - ISSUES WITH TRANQUILITY ARE STILL BEING INVESTIGATED



You guys should be running these babies: http://www.scalecomputing.com/products/product-overview/

modular, scalable, fraction of the cost of existing SAN, fiber switching and virtualization platforms, and so much hardware redundancy it's ridiculous. These devices are the bomb for any HA needs.
Stephanie MayGraves
Secret Squad Illuminati Gaming
Frontier Logistics and Travel
#284 - 2015-02-25 13:36:51 UTC
Shea Ormand wrote:
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
I love this a lot of the vet players within game our charm and happy even tho a server is down and the newer players scream and shout and would stuff cause of an issue outside of ccp's control.
newer players here's a hint it happens get over it read the forums chill out for a bit.

As for CCP love you guys!
HAVE A HUG FOR FREE ON ME


Nobody gives free hugs, this smells fishy
scam confirmed Lol


No scam CCP want a hug ill give them one for free anyone like wants one quote this post and put a positive comment about your time on eve and the guys and ccp
Gabriele Zoolander
Valor Evolved
Order of Allied Knights
#285 - 2015-02-25 13:37:16 UTC
Since EVE is based on a subscription it means we pay for gametime.
Will a compensation in lost gametime be available for this?
Asking for a PLEX is probably too much, but asking for regaining the time lost due to downtime doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Hope you'll fix the issue soon and that is nothing too serious, I just got my new ship few mins before the downtime and was eager to use it :-/
Also yesterday I set my PI production so I could start it again today.
Sergius Orlenard
Psychic Genocide
#286 - 2015-02-25 13:37:23 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:
Miwako Tani wrote:
wow (no pun intended)!

as a new player, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how the community (most of it ) handles such minor setbacks. I remember, years ago, last time I was playing mmos, people b*tchin and ranting about how the devs hate them for extended downtime, all the nonsense.

stuff happens, this community is gracious in such times

much love <3 I'm glad to be a part of this


New players, best players.
Send me an EVE Mail when you run into trouble and/or need advice.


What do i do during an extended DT?
Decado Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#287 - 2015-02-25 13:37:25 UTC
Have ccp technicians been training with the blizzard guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE
Shea Ormand
Doomheim
#288 - 2015-02-25 13:37:28 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:
Miwako Tani wrote:
wow (no pun intended)!

as a new player, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how the community (most of it ) handles such minor setbacks. I remember, years ago, last time I was playing mmos, people b*tchin and ranting about how the devs hate them for extended downtime, all the nonsense.

stuff happens, this community is gracious in such times

much love <3 I'm glad to be a part of this


New players, best players.
Send me an EVE Mail when you run into trouble and/or need advice.


Give this man a cookie
Cyinii Erkkinen
New Donuts
Blue Donuts..
#289 - 2015-02-25 13:37:38 UTC
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
flapie 2 wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
you know your addicted to eve when...........


You are starting to browse the App store for a "Directional scanner APP" to check for probes and other entity's while walking your dog.

It's called "Ingress"


That's like mobile FW.
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#290 - 2015-02-25 13:38:44 UTC
server still down. stop bumping hardware
Faye Ren
Stellar Evolution Inc.
#291 - 2015-02-25 13:38:45 UTC
I am not complaining or anything. The servers are down not because CCP wants them to. I also understand that they are working hard to get the servers back on.

Im just saying that the fact is that many players who maybe wanted to play EvE today simply cant, or simply dont have the time later on. Thats all.
kes88
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#292 - 2015-02-25 13:39:40 UTC
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
Shea Ormand wrote:
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
I love this a lot of the vet players within game our charm and happy even tho a server is down and the newer players scream and shout and would stuff cause of an issue outside of ccp's control.
newer players here's a hint it happens get over it read the forums chill out for a bit.

As for CCP love you guys!
HAVE A HUG FOR FREE ON ME


Nobody gives free hugs, this smells fishy
scam confirmed Lol


No scam CCP want a hug ill give them one for free anyone like wants one quote this post and put a positive comment about your time on eve and the guys and ccp


When I retire, I hope EVE is still going, and then I will spend my days whiling away my time by playing EVE. I may periodically have to eat and speak to people, but mostly playing EVE is what I look forward to upon retirement.
Syndiaan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#293 - 2015-02-25 13:39:48 UTC
Gabriele Zoolander wrote:
Since EVE is based on a subscription it means we pay for gametime.
Will a compensation in lost gametime be available for this?
Asking for a PLEX is probably too much, but asking for regaining the time lost due to downtime doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Hope you'll fix the issue soon and that is nothing too serious, I just got my new ship few mins before the downtime and was eager to use it :-/
Also yesterday I set my PI production so I could start it again today.


I think anyone that asks for "compensation" should have their account disabled for 24 hours.
Serdar Tyrnx
#294 - 2015-02-25 13:40:38 UTC
Syndiaan wrote:
Gabriele Zoolander wrote:
Since EVE is based on a subscription it means we pay for gametime.
Will a compensation in lost gametime be available for this?
Asking for a PLEX is probably too much, but asking for regaining the time lost due to downtime doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Hope you'll fix the issue soon and that is nothing too serious, I just got my new ship few mins before the downtime and was eager to use it :-/
Also yesterday I set my PI production so I could start it again today.


I think anyone that asks for "compensation" should have their account disabled for 24 hours.

Jita would be empty for the 24 hours that follow
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#295 - 2015-02-25 13:40:50 UTC
As the mystery deepens one can only wonder on the true nature of this delay:

1. Drifters got lose on Tranquility and scrammed the hamsters.
2. CCP forgot to feed the hamsters.
3. CCP fed the hamsters but forgot to fed the cat.
4. The A.I. entity living on Traquility has developed self awareness and learned how to cloak the server.
5. The same entity has always been self aware but it took it a long time to train cloaking to level V.
6. Eve Online was bought by microsoft.
7...

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

MonkeyBusiness Thiesant
Pandemic Unicorns
#296 - 2015-02-25 13:41:04 UTC
I demand compensation for all the epic experiences I missed out in this one hour!


Ok, I admit it, I was just going to afk a freighter with a scam killright.
Stephanie MayGraves
Secret Squad Illuminati Gaming
Frontier Logistics and Travel
#297 - 2015-02-25 13:41:15 UTC
kes88 wrote:
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
Shea Ormand wrote:
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
I love this a lot of the vet players within game our charm and happy even tho a server is down and the newer players scream and shout and would stuff cause of an issue outside of ccp's control.
newer players here's a hint it happens get over it read the forums chill out for a bit.

As for CCP love you guys!
HAVE A HUG FOR FREE ON ME


Nobody gives free hugs, this smells fishy
scam confirmed Lol


No scam CCP want a hug ill give them one for free anyone like wants one quote this post and put a positive comment about your time on eve and the guys and ccp


When I retire, I hope EVE is still going, and then I will spend my days whiling away my time by playing EVE. I may periodically have to eat and speak to people, but mostly playing EVE is what I look forward to upon retirement.


FREE HUG FOR YOU Big smile
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#298 - 2015-02-25 13:41:24 UTC
Cleared cache as suggested... now the LAUNCHER won't load at all from a desktop icon... 1 step forward, 3 steps back....

Please fix, thanks, and fly safe. o7

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Shea Ormand
Doomheim
#299 - 2015-02-25 13:41:39 UTC
kes88 wrote:
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
Shea Ormand wrote:
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
I love this a lot of the vet players within game our charm and happy even tho a server is down and the newer players scream and shout and would stuff cause of an issue outside of ccp's control.
newer players here's a hint it happens get over it read the forums chill out for a bit.

As for CCP love you guys!
HAVE A HUG FOR FREE ON ME


Nobody gives free hugs, this smells fishy
scam confirmed Lol


No scam CCP want a hug ill give them one for free anyone like wants one quote this post and put a positive comment about your time on eve and the guys and ccp


When I retire, I hope EVE is still going, and then I will spend my days whiling away my time by playing EVE. I may periodically have to eat and speak to people, but mostly playing EVE is what I look forward to upon retirement.


sounds like we gonna have a bad ass in the age care home
Alyssa Tian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#300 - 2015-02-25 13:41:49 UTC
Decided after almost a 2-year hiatus to give Eve another try. Downloaded and reactivated account this morning with the 4 hour activation thing. Hope I get a chance to get in before THAT runs out...lol!