These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Question about xmas remap gift

Author
James Kopp
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2011-12-22 02:38:16 UTC
Nye Jaran wrote:
I didn't get remaps on the 4 accounts I selected. I did get the fuel blocks on the 5th account though.

You do realize you don't get remaps if you selected a different gift right?
Kal'ar Rinah
Doomheim
#22 - 2011-12-22 02:54:06 UTC
James Kopp wrote:
Nye Jaran wrote:
I didn't get remaps on the 4 accounts I selected. I did get the fuel blocks on the 5th account though.

You do realize you don't get remaps if you selected a different gift right?

you realise he's talking about 5 seperate accounts? which he chose remaps on 4 of them and fuel blocks on 1?

why on earth would choosing fuel blocks on one account mean no remaps on the other 4
D1abl0
The Nelson Institute of Science and Technology
#23 - 2011-12-22 03:01:13 UTC
Ok guys, please. dont derail the thread with smack etc. Lets just keep it helpful and friendly, and hopefully we will get a definative answer from a gm or a dev :)
Jonathan Ferguson
JC Ferguson and Son Ltd
Ferguson Alliance
#24 - 2011-12-22 03:38:27 UTC
I haven't received it on AkJon. Checking others now ...
drakk3n
Real Enemy Academy
UNREAL Alliance
#25 - 2011-12-22 03:47:36 UTC
I've got it on some chars (all the wrong chars!)

I guess it's taking a while to process all the database?
Jonathan Ferguson
JC Ferguson and Son Ltd
Ferguson Alliance
#26 - 2011-12-22 03:49:36 UTC
1 of my 5 accounts got it (not sure about alts, most of my alts don't have toons and I'm not going to give them toons just to check this.)
Ribaldry
#27 - 2011-12-22 03:57:52 UTC
I just received word from a GM that it should be taken care of during the next downtime.

Brock Nelson
#28 - 2011-12-22 05:17:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Brock Nelson
I've selected remap but on one of my account, I have an alt who has 3 remaps before this gift and now it's still showing as 3 remaps available. Like others have said, I'll wait for downtime before opening a petition.

Edit: I think this is a case of either ccp didn't code the stacking properly as I'm hearing from more people who had 2 or remaps before but didn't get the bonus remap while those who didn't have extra remap before had received the bonus remap.

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Othran
Route One
#29 - 2011-12-22 07:43:48 UTC
All of my accounts have received the bonus remap.

In every case where more than one character exists on the account the remap has been given to the LOWEST SKILLED character, not the highest skilled.

Tremendous work, really outstanding Roll

I hope there's a quick fix for this or CCP are going to have enough petitions submitted to keep the GMs busy until next June. No joke.
Shellshock Bob
Doomheim
#30 - 2011-12-22 08:31:25 UTC
same here. lowest skill character showing bonus remap, not the highest.

CCP troll best troll? Twisted

but srsly. put it where it belongs CCP Straight
JaseNZ
EG CORP
#31 - 2011-12-22 08:34:58 UTC
I was deciding what to get, and finally had decided, to log in and see CCP had pulled the redeem button.

Now i r sad panda. Sad
Darren Corley
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#32 - 2011-12-22 08:36:37 UTC
I understand that it should be fixed after DT, just throwing my observations in however.

My 2 accounts only have one character each. This one had 1 remap available, the other had 2.

Now this one has a bonus remap available and a timer for ~9 months, which would coincide with 1 year since my last used one.
Second character has two bonus remaps, and a timer for ~6 months, also coinciding with the last used one on that character.

Just hope they fix it right.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#33 - 2011-12-22 08:36:56 UTC
Same here. An old test alt got the remap, but then again, there was no way to tell or select which character would get the remap when you picked the gift.

Right now, it's a toss-up guess whether it was delivered to the “first” character (that old alt is the first one listed in my account page, presumably because it's the first one alphabetically) or whether it's because it's the lowest-SP character.

Either way, with no way of picking where to apply the gift, this was kind of bound to happen… Straight
Othran
Route One
#34 - 2011-12-22 08:41:54 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Right now, it's a toss-up guess whether it was delivered to the “first” character (that old alt is the first one listed in my account page, presumably because it's the first one alphabetically) or whether it's because it's the lowest-SP character.

Its either the lowest SP character which is receiving the remap Tippia or the most recently created character (which is usually lowest SP).

Its not decided alphanumerically for sure - I can confirm that.
AngelFood
#35 - 2011-12-22 08:41:57 UTC
! You cannot be seriously giving the bonus remaps to the non training chars on accounts?!

My non training chars will likely never train and certainly if they do will not need another bonus remap!

CCP Scammers!
Melina Lin
Universal Frog
#36 - 2011-12-22 08:46:17 UTC
I selected remap on two accounts, got nothing. There are no alts on the accounts. Guess I'll wait until after downtime.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#37 - 2011-12-22 08:48:53 UTC
Othran wrote:
Its either the lowest SP character which is receiving the remap Tippia or the most recently created character (which is usually lowest SP).

Its not decided alphanumerically for sure - I can confirm that.
Newest makes sense too… or well, it makes no sense whatsoever as a selection method for deciding which character gets it, but it matches what I've seen as well. P

So yeah, then we've ruled out the alphabetical error at least. P
swampbug
Subsidy H.R.S.
#38 - 2011-12-22 09:08:02 UTC
i also selected the bonus remap on two accounts. Prior to bonus both chars still had 1 noob remap free, now both ahave a timer and 1 bonus....so i gained nothing.
Melina Lin
Universal Frog
#39 - 2011-12-22 09:14:36 UTC
swampbug wrote:
i also selected the bonus remap on two accounts. Prior to bonus both chars still had 1 noob remap free, now both ahave a timer and 1 bonus....so i gained nothing.

Same here. But the timer has already ticked down six months.
Darren Corley
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#40 - 2011-12-22 09:17:31 UTC
Melina Lin wrote:
swampbug wrote:

Same here. But the timer has already ticked down six months.

Like I stated in my post, it's actually the time since you used one last, if you have at all. Which of course after they pulled the Remap option and then put it back, is not how it was supposed to work, so here's to downtime fixing it.
Previous page123Next page