These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP is really Scrooge?

Author
Taliza
Isis Foundation
#1 - 2011-12-22 02:16:52 UTC
I chose the fuel block option from the Christmas gift selection. 1000 blocks of each type. Imagine my surprise when I went to redeem the gift and was told I was getting 24 blocks of each type. Less than a hour's worth of fuel?

CCP? That's not on.

Humbug!
James Kopp
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2011-12-22 02:22:05 UTC
It would help if you read some of the other topics. A GM has already said the amount in the redeeming screen is the number of BATCHES, so it's 24 batches of 40 blocks per batch (I think there's some remainder there to make it an even 1000).
Nye Jaran
The Bad Touch
#3 - 2011-12-22 02:22:27 UTC
I saw the same thing, but redeemed it anyway. It ended up giving me 1000 of each fuel block, just as promised.
Taliza
Isis Foundation
#4 - 2011-12-22 02:35:58 UTC
Thanks,

Was pissed, and to an extent, still am. The redemption screen says 25 blocks. The confirmation screen says 25 blocks. But it does give you 1000. So, problem solved. But there wouldn't have been a problem if they told it right in the screens. CCP is gonna get a lot of grief because, as usual, they don't seem to get English. Either that or, again as usual with CCP, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

As to reading the forums? I searched the forums for fuel and fuel blocks, got a mass of unrelated stuff. I'm in the game to play it, not spend hours pouring over the mess that the forums are. :)

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#5 - 2011-12-22 02:59:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Taliza wrote:
Thanks,

Was pissed, and to an extent, still am. The redemption screen says 25 blocks. The confirmation screen says 25 blocks. But it does give you 1000. So, problem solved. But there wouldn't have been a problem if they told it right in the screens. CCP is gonna get a lot of grief because, as usual, they don't seem to get English. Either that or, again as usual with CCP, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

As to reading the forums? I searched the forums for fuel and fuel blocks, got a mass of unrelated stuff. I'm in the game to play it, not spend hours pouring over the mess that the forums are. :)

... and apparently to spend the time complaining because you "thought" you were being short changed, but were mistaken.

This gives us all an excellent opportunity to slap people around for yelping before they are stung.

Tis an excellent holiday bonus gift, THANK YOU CCP! Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-12-22 03:00:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Someone must hate the GM guys..

And by someone i mean someone who got that idea to put those items in "batches".
I can imagine about 30k petitions created. Or maybe even more.

As i wrote before .. give people chance to chose
and be stoned to death.

Give them an surprise
And live happily ever after. Cool
Arctur Vallfar
Knights Adamant
#7 - 2011-12-22 03:47:16 UTC
Is this a well disguised blonde joke?
NaturalBeast
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-12-22 03:59:03 UTC
Arctur Vallfar wrote:
Is this a well disguised blonde joke?

Oh yes, the blonde joke...

Blonde: How many blocks do I get for Christmas

CCP: 25

Blonde: Cries, runs to forums, cries moar, contacts CNN, files lawsuit, tells all her friends (her cat and her doll)

CCP: /sighs

Blonde: logs in, collects all the fuel blocks as promised and giggles in the corner

CCP: Puts Blonde's name on the 'List'

Good luck next time you really need help Big smile

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#9 - 2011-12-22 04:04:58 UTC
Taliza wrote:
I chose the fuel block option from the Christmas gift selection. 1000 blocks of each type. Imagine my surprise when I went to redeem the gift and was told I was getting 24 blocks of each type. Less than a hour's worth of fuel?

CCP? That's not on.

Humbug!

We still luv you just because you are blonde Smile

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Phizban
The Needs Of The Few
#10 - 2011-12-22 21:54:23 UTC
Ioci wrote:
Taliza wrote:

CCP? That's not on.

Humbug!

We still luv you just because you are blonde Smile

I love your huge cleavage.

That is all.