These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Requesting Time Extension on gift selection

Author
Endeavour Starfleet
#1 - 2011-12-22 01:03:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Endeavour Starfleet
I am requesting an extension on the offer of a gift remap which was yanked from the account management in my opinion far too early.

I was only recently made aware through the game news screen that to accept the gift you had to go into account management. When I did this it was 50 mins too late. I had been awaiting the gift to appear in the game login screen and only learning of this now will be a SERIOUS loss for me going into the new year.

In my opinion the 21st (No 22nd UTC which is far FAR too confusing of a time difference for most of the playerbase) is the wrong time to yank the offer and a far better time being towards the end of the year. There was in my opinion NO time for those of us who log into the game infrequently to be informed of the need to go into account management.

UPDATE (I will copy and paste from another topic)

CCP Navigator wrote:
If you did not claim your gift you can submit a petition and the GM's will look at each petition on a case by case basis. This is not a promise that you will get a gift but it never hurts to ask.

Customer support will NOT be changing gifts at this stage. If you picked one thing and want to change it to something else then that is, unfortunately, not possible.

He then indicated in yet another topic that it needs to be petitioned under billing and its subsection reactivation offers.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-12-22 01:06:29 UTC
do you really need that remap ? In worst case scenario unless you are nil charisma and right now you want to train up all leadership skills to V include fleet commander .. you wont lose more than an week or so training..

I took trashers Big smile
James Kopp
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-12-22 01:08:26 UTC
They don't want all the noobs who get EVE for Christmas to be able to redeem the gift. It's another "we want to try to make the bittervets happier" deals. However, I chose the neural remap AFTER it was re-added and have yet to see it either when logging in or on my character sheet, and those who picked ammo are seeing "100" or "25" instead of "10,000" and "2,500" on the redeem page although the actual amount in the items window is correct. GMs are probably getting FLODDED with petitions right now.
Endeavour Starfleet
#4 - 2011-12-22 01:11:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Endeavour Starfleet
Yes because my current ability to efficiently train on this remap ends far before my remap becomes available. I specifically remapped with the intention of using the Xmas remap later. (Not this char BTW I speak of my Main)

This is not a loss of a gift implant. This will cost me a great deal of training next year if a time extension is not granted. Training that would allow me enough Isk/Hr to consider opening a third account.

I am not going to really seriously blame CCP for my mistake of not paying close attention to the news. Yet I am imploring them to sympathize and atleast grant a short extension with warning in game.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-12-22 01:14:17 UTC
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:
Yes because my current ability to efficiently train on this remap ends far before my remap becomes available. I specifically remapped with the intention of using the Xmas remap later. (Not this char BTW I speak of my Main)

This is not a loss of a gift implant. This will cost me a great deal of training next year if a time extension is not granted. Training that would allow me enough Isk/Hr to consider opening a third account.

I am not going to really seriously blame CCP for my mistake of not paying close attention to the news. Yet I am imploring them to sympathize and atleast grant a short extension with warning in game.

I envy you. My training time is always bad, time to time i dont even train anything for several days. Big smile
Endeavour Starfleet
#6 - 2011-12-22 01:20:00 UTC
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:

I envy you. My training time is always bad, time to time i dont even train anything for several days. Big smile

I don't have the riches to ignore efficiency in training. I am going to have to start keeping my accounts open with Plex in the near future and that is extremely difficult doing 3s with Noctis cleanup.

Once I have to train off spec I will end up losing a great deal of time. This will basically mean the end of any plans to get a third account as next to nothing has been done about the isk faucets driving plex through the sky.

Also remember this is two accounts. This is devastating enough with one. With two it basically ruins the latter half of 2012 for my training and plans.

I diddnt post on the forums because I figured it would appear in game. In this case not bothering the forums with what I considered a useless topic cost me greatly in game if this is not extended.
Can Hater
#7 - 2011-12-22 01:32:51 UTC
My.... ummm, "friend" also missed it by 30 minutes while he was looking at his local time and checking market values of gift packs. Roll
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#8 - 2011-12-22 01:36:06 UTC
I sure wish I had remembered to select a gift. Who the heck put it in account management? Oh well.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Apollo Gabriel
Mercatoris
#9 - 2011-12-22 01:47:50 UTC
the limited time window is a very poor idea.
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Endeavour Starfleet
#10 - 2011-12-22 02:27:36 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
I sure wish I had remembered to select a gift. Who the heck put it in account management? Oh well.

I had also thought that it would appear in game and not in account management.

The only thing "wrong" with that is that there was virtually no in game notification of such action needed until it was too late for those who don't check the client every few hours.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#11 - 2011-12-22 03:37:53 UTC
Ya I was working and now I'm 3 hours off =/

The Drake is a Lie

DVK Rotineque
Cult of Unknown Last Terra
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#12 - 2011-12-22 03:58:28 UTC
Good idea!
I did not choose a gift, because I do not know about the time limit.
Bruh'n Orellux
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2011-12-22 04:06:56 UTC
I heard someone mention the Christmas gift a couple weeks ago but then forgot about it. Today the login screen said to access your account page to redeem them. I logged into it only to find the offer was over Cry
Taedrin
Virtues Corporation
#14 - 2011-12-22 04:16:51 UTC
I snoozed and I lost. Deal with it.
Yvette Online
Friends in space
#15 - 2011-12-22 04:23:04 UTC
I used to snooze then lose. Then I took an arrow in the knee.
Gerlaise deTroix
Federation Navy Auxiliary Fleet
#16 - 2011-12-22 04:30:10 UTC
I haven't played EVE much lately except for hurried skill changes. Couldn't make up my mind, postponed the decision what to taske until the 22nd, only to see the offer expired BEFORE the 22nd.

Very poor decision of a time frame, extremely poor wording. But then, no big loss. I still don't know what to take and now don't need to worry.
Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2011-12-22 04:40:19 UTC
It's still the 21st.

Why can't I claim my present?
Unicorn Slayer
Unicorn Slayers
#18 - 2011-12-22 04:49:21 UTC
Joz Yavavich wrote:
It is a free gift. you snooze you loose. Stop crying and asking CCP for an extension due to you not reading the entire article. I had no problem finding out that I needed to and going to my account management.

Oh and you mad bro?

And can I have your stuff when you ragequit because of, well anyone but your incompetence.

you are a tool, you need to go get laid.

I have barely been able to log in due to hectic holiday / finals schedule and I missed it too; not everyone lives in front of their computer Joz. what if the time limit expired while you were throwing out your poopsocks? oh wait you keep them dont you

p.s. its "lose"
Aldee
Federated Holdings
Libera Alliance
#19 - 2011-12-22 05:00:44 UTC
I just logged on and it says the ca-2 implant and holiday gift are available until midnight tonight...... so where are they? Its not midnight its only 4:58 UTC. Midnight is still 19 hrs away................
Endeavour Starfleet
#20 - 2011-12-22 05:05:05 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:
It's still the 21st.

Why can't I claim my present?

Because they picked UTC. Which in my opinion was beyond silly as most of the player base does not use UTC as a standard for measuring time in comparison to RL events.

(Before yall flip, UTC EVE time is for coordinating in game events and downtime NOT for real life commitments. I dont say I need to be at work at midnight eve time)

That could have been fixed with a few extra lines of text. My biggest reason for requesting an extention was due to extremely limited time that in game users were effectively notified.

Notice a pattern here. Those that still pay for accounts yet are inactive are being hit the hardest here. I am not here to say CCP screwed us over. Just that due to circumstances that affected our ability to claim these gifts I request an extension.

If the official way cant be brought back for a few days perhaps if you were able to do it with petitions? Maybe a way for us to petition ONLY for the remap and that you can do it only when you have time? I think that is a fair tradeoff for us not paying attention to the news. Agreed folks?
123Next pageLast page