These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Are You Sick and Tired of the Tyrant James 315 and his New Order/CODE?

First post
Author
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#201 - 2015-02-23 19:25:03 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:

Yup, otherwise it's just extortion.


Hmmm......I wonder if anyone who has tried to interfere with Code has ever been required to have a similar profit motive....


Not that I know of. To the best of my knowledge no one else has been told they need to do that.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Sasha Nyemtsov
Doomheim
#202 - 2015-02-23 20:45:25 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:

Yup, otherwise it's just extortion.


Hmmm......I wonder if anyone who has tried to interfere with Code has ever been required to have a similar profit motive....


Not that I know of. To the best of my knowledge no one else has been told they need to do that.


Hi Tengu, that's a very interesting observation.

My guess is that it was the boldness and sheer creative audacity of James' gameplay which, through the mewling of the ice-miners, drew CCP's attention to his activities.

The result was what James described as 'An Exciting Business Opportunity'. He says that he has 'hammered out a EULA-compliant business plan that will enable all EVE to invest in Halaima's bright new future', and, later in the same essay, 'I... have been in direct contact with the people who actually enforce the EULA, to ensure that my business is in full compliance.'

The complete essay, 'I have taken command of the Halaima ice field: An exciting business opportunity!', can be read here.

The OP may be 'sick and tired' of James 315, but his business is proper legit.

And as for him being a tyrant? Well, in all my dealings with him, he has never swerved from being well-mannered, supportive and fun. Mischievous? Certainly. A tyrant? Never.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#203 - 2015-02-23 21:16:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Held der Finsternis wrote:
I'm pleased to report that the Revised CODE of the New Order is completed and posted on HeroesofHighsec.com

Also, see my bio for important updates such as new mailing list, chat channels, etc.

Sadly the meat of my delicious commentary was omitted from much of the thought process, and the organizers simply ignored any feedback contrary to their own from impartial neutrals like myself.

I would recommend a reading of the complete transcript . You can enjoy such golden moments as...

"[ 2015.02.21 06:09:36 ] Feyd Rautha Harkonnen > CODE agents are angels of evolutionary momentum. Pansies are the cheetos in the bloodstream raising cholesterol levels and slowing evolution down."

And much more!

F
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#204 - 2015-02-23 21:26:57 UTC
Sasha Nyemtsov wrote:

And as for him being a tyrant? Well, in all my dealings with him, he has never swerved from being well-mannered, supportive and fun. Mischievous? Certainly. A tyrant? Never.


You're talking of James here correct? Because if you are, I am in full agreement with you. The Saviour has been nothing but patient and kind in my experience.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Sasha Nyemtsov
Doomheim
#205 - 2015-02-23 22:19:56 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Sasha Nyemtsov wrote:

And as for him being a tyrant? Well, in all my dealings with him, he has never swerved from being well-mannered, supportive and fun. Mischievous? Certainly. A tyrant? Never.


You're talking of James here correct? Because if you are, I am in full agreement with you. The Saviour has been nothing but patient and kind in my experience.


Yes, Tengu, James.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#206 - 2015-02-24 06:08:11 UTC
Sasha Nyemtsov wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
Sasha Nyemtsov wrote:

And as for him being a tyrant? Well, in all my dealings with him, he has never swerved from being well-mannered, supportive and fun. Mischievous? Certainly. A tyrant? Never.


You're talking of James here correct? Because if you are, I am in full agreement with you. The Saviour has been nothing but patient and kind in my experience.


Yes, Tengu, James.


His entire playstyle is a form of institutionalized tyranny.
Jishi Padecain
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#207 - 2015-02-24 06:15:56 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:


His entire playstyle is a form of institutionalized tyranny.


A sinner passing judgment on a Saint. How hilariously absurd.Lol

You really do live in a backwards world, Veers.
Held der Finsternis
Highsec Corporate Services
#208 - 2015-02-24 07:11:25 UTC
New blog post up. If you have been a scam victim or know someone who has, check it out!

You can always find me on the forum section of Minerbumping.com :o)

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#209 - 2015-02-24 08:01:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
Held der Finsternis wrote:
New blog post up. If you have been a scam victim or know someone who has, check it out!


Oh lordy! A blog that mocks and milks the target audience for isk is at the same time a good source for new targets...

Well played!

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Bagatur I
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#210 - 2015-02-24 14:02:21 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:
CODE is about as relevant as a VCR. I can't say I know anyone who takes them seriously, especially considering they don't seem to honor their own extortion agreements.

Well, over 70,000 pilots and their 11+ trillion ISK might disagree with you.

Looks like you are off to a good start Held. I guess as time goes on we will see who the heart of citizens of highsec really lies with - you and your Heroes of Highsec or James 315 and the New Order.

Let the battle for the soul of highsec commence!


apparently you cant distinguish between ship kills and pilots. in reality a much much smaller number of PILOTS encountered CODE. I would think that number of pilots who lost ships to NPC rats in the same amount of time is much bigger. CODE is as relevant as NPC rats, with the difference being PCs, not NPCs.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#211 - 2015-02-24 14:41:23 UTC
Bagatur I wrote:
I would think that number of pilots who lost ships to NPC rats in the same amount of time is much bigger.


And you're ok with that in a PvP game?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Karla the Careless
Beyond Reproach
#212 - 2015-02-24 22:45:42 UTC
Still ain't getting no steenking purmint from you or those code people.
Held der Finsternis
Highsec Corporate Services
#213 - 2015-02-25 08:38:33 UTC
Karla the Careless wrote:
Still ain't getting no steenking purmint from you or those code people.


After our forces defeat the New Order, there will be no need to own a mining permit. I am not asking you to buy a permit of any kind. However, it would obviously help for you to voluntarily purchase shares to help the cause, even if just a small amount. Or join the fight.

You can always find me on the forum section of Minerbumping.com :o)

Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#214 - 2015-02-25 10:01:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Gerhard Stringfellow
God damn it, there is no high throne of hi-sec that's itching to be filled. By it's very nature its impossible for someone to impose authority in it the way people can in null-sec, especially for these comically tiny Corps that seem to be springing up recently saying the own the damn place, and with all of its restrictions the big guns are out of play to start. Most of you are still in that proto-corp phase where you'll probably fizzle out, and none of you aren't in charge of anything.

If you want to hold space, get your guns and carve out a place in null-sec where it'll actually be real ownership; you can't have both the security of high sec and actually own anything.

Another pubbie elite PvE pay to win mining carebear

Thomas Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#215 - 2015-02-25 11:01:03 UTC
I haven't seen James 315 in years does he still actually play Eve?

Anyway its been more than a year since the New Order quietly surrendered to the miners of highsec. You occasionly see the occasional New Order guy on the forums plead to CCP for some nerf but thats about it. Since Loyalanon took over and realised miner ganking was too hard they have focused their efforts on ganking freighters which seems to suit the low skilled F1 button pushers quite well. Perhaps the New Order eventually realised how essential the AFK miners are to New Eden? Who knows!
Black Pedro
Mine.
#216 - 2015-02-25 11:23:50 UTC
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:
God damn it, there is no high throne of hi-sec that's itching to be filled. By it's very nature its impossible for someone to impose authority in it the way people can in null-sec, especially for these comically tiny Corps that seem to be springing up recently saying the own the damn place, and with all of its restrictions the big guns are out of play to start. Most of you are still in that proto-corp phase where you'll probably fizzle out, and none of you aren't in charge of anything.

Why does someone claiming highsec bother you so much? James 315 has for almost three years laid claim to this part of New Eden, ever since he was democratically elected Saviour of Highsec by the citizens there. He has done an exemplary job in this role, generating content and improving the highsec experience for everyone.

Also, I think you need to check your facts a little. Last June, the CODE. alliance was inflicting more damage than the largest alliances in the game. While there are many metrics for measuring success in the sandbox, that certainly isn't the work of a "comically tiny" corp.

I think it is great that Held is making an effort to overthrow the Saviour. His group may be small now, but so was the New Order when it only consisted of a solitary James 315, bumping miners alone in the Halaima ice fields. You know what? He heard the same taunts that he was "too small", that he wouldn't be able to make a difference, and that no one can claim highsec that you are throwing at Held now. But now James 315 and the New Order are regularly imposing their will on highsec, exactly as you would expect from those in authority.

Perhaps this movement will fizzle out, perhaps it won't, but whatever the case it promises to generate that sweet emergent content that we all crave.
Azov Rassau
The Hornets Cartel
Deep Space Alliance
#217 - 2015-02-25 11:31:47 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Perhaps this movement will fizzle out, perhaps it won't, but whatever the case it promises to generate that sweet emergent content that we all crave.

Amen to that.

Be the change you want to see in Highsec.

Anti-Ganking Fun: www.gankerjamming.com

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#218 - 2015-02-25 11:43:01 UTC
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:
By it's very nature its impossible for someone to impose authority in it the way people can in null-sec,


You mean by rolling up in force and laying waste to the enemy? Yup, definitely can't be doing any of that in highsec. Roll

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#219 - 2015-02-25 11:59:39 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:
By it's very nature its impossible for someone to impose authority in it the way people can in null-sec,


You mean by rolling up in force and laying waste to the enemy? Yup, definitely can't be doing any of that in highsec. Roll



The day I see somebody going into Hi-sec really enforcing their authority and acting in a manner that's halfway authoritative I'll respect it, if I have too. When I see corps with members numbering in the 1000's I'll start paying attention; What I'm tired of is a bunch of glorified streetgangs going around proclaiming their supremacy without anything to back it up. Hell, I might as well declare myself god emperor and it would have the same damn effect.

It's nothing against the groups individually, whatever their stances are or aren't. My experience has been that these groups can't even control their own members and aren't organized enough to even keep track of who's under their "protection" or not, and honestly I think it's a group of people who's memorable accomplishment in high sec has been causing rookies to ask in the rookie channel why they were ganked.

And that isn't considering the fact that half competent mining fleets are able to chase them off with drones. I'm at the point now where I'm repeating myself, and I hope this makes my stance known.

Another pubbie elite PvE pay to win mining carebear

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#220 - 2015-02-25 12:09:32 UTC
So you do you respect James 315 as the saviour of highsec? This pleases me greatly.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff