These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are You Sick and Tired of the Tyrant James 315 and his New Order/CODE?

First post
Author
Black Pedro
Mine.
#181 - 2015-02-23 07:38:32 UTC
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:
CODE is about as relevant as a VCR. I can't say I know anyone who takes them seriously, especially considering they don't seem to honor their own extortion agreements.

Well, over 70,000 pilots and their 11+ trillion ISK might disagree with you.

Looks like you are off to a good start Held. I guess as time goes on we will see who the heart of citizens of highsec really lies with - you and your Heroes of Highsec or James 315 and the New Order.

Let the battle for the soul of highsec commence!
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#182 - 2015-02-23 07:42:12 UTC
Their lack of relevance is exactly why he is posting in this thread about them.
Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#183 - 2015-02-23 07:45:00 UTC
You'd think with 70000000000000 pilots and 110000000000000000000000 isk such a prestigious organization would be above selling junk protection agreements to newbies in their ventures that they don't honor anyway. That being said, maybe you're knee deep in your section, but you're sorely underrepresented wherever I go.

And I think this whole thing is a scam attempt to try and legitimize yourselves.

Another pubbie elite PvE pay to win mining carebear

Jishi Padecain
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#184 - 2015-02-23 07:52:38 UTC
Held der Finsternis wrote:
Alastair Ormand wrote:
CODE will be implanting a spy shortly. Well done moron.

I'm sure there will be spies, but they won't be able to take anything or do anything remotely disruptive. I know their tricks and their methods. I am implementing security measures in my own corp (and soon alliance) that will prevent most of what they have done to everyone else.

I am sure I will enjoy reading about all of these 'effective' security methods in a future minerbumping article.Lol
Solonius Rex
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#185 - 2015-02-23 07:56:32 UTC
Alastair Ormand wrote:

I'm sure there will be spies, but they won't be able to take anything or do anything remotely disruptive. I know their tricks and their methods. I am implementing security measures in my own corp (and soon alliance) that will prevent most of what they have done to everyone else. The risks of posting what I choose to C&P are far less than the benefit the Heroes of HIghsec get from the exposure.

I'm glad so many are posting their criticisms here publicly though. It will be all the sweeter when we achieve final victory over the New Order. I'm not taking any of this personally, it's par for the course when dealing with this subject matter. I look forward to welcoming most of the dissenters into the warm embrace of the Heroes of Highsec once we have racked up victory after victory...

You should employ JTClone ares into your corp as a director. Surely after being the victim of 2 successful awox/corp/alliance takeover events, he mustve learned something by now.
Solonius Rex
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2015-02-23 07:58:20 UTC
You'd think with 70000000000000 pilots and 110000000000000000000000 isk such a prestigious organization would be above selling junk protection agreements to newbies in their ventures that they don't honor anyway. That being said, maybe you're knee deep in your section, but you're sorely underrepresented wherever I go.

And I think this whole thing is a scam attempt to try and legitimize yourselves.

Yeah, because extortion, scams and trickery are so rare in Eve online.
Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2015-02-23 08:05:10 UTC
Solonius Rex wrote:

Yeah, but trying to rely on the same con in the same place with the same people again and again isn't very smart.

Held der Finsternis
Highsec Corporate Services
#188 - 2015-02-23 08:22:44 UTC
Solonius Rex wrote:
Alastair Ormand wrote:

I'm sure there will be spies, but they won't be able to take anything or do anything remotely disruptive. I know their tricks and their methods. I am implementing security measures in my own corp (and soon alliance) that will prevent most of what they have done to everyone else. The risks of posting what I choose to C&P are far less than the benefit the Heroes of HIghsec get from the exposure.

I'm glad so many are posting their criticisms here publicly though. It will be all the sweeter when we achieve final victory over the New Order. I'm not taking any of this personally, it's par for the course when dealing with this subject matter. I look forward to welcoming most of the dissenters into the warm embrace of the Heroes of Highsec once we have racked up victory after victory...

You should employ JTClone ares into your corp as a director. Surely after being the victim of 2 successful awox/corp/alliance takeover events, he mustve learned something by now.

Funny you mention that. One of JTClone's alliances was made available for sale to me. I thought on the one hand, it would be somewhat fitting, but on the other hand forebode failure... so I will be taking an alternative approach.

You can always find me on the forum section of Minerbumping.com :o)

Solonius Rex
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#189 - 2015-02-23 08:27:10 UTC
Solonius Rex wrote:

Yeah, but trying to rely on the same con in the same place with the same people again and again isn't very smart.

Yeah, cause no one spams the same contract scam in jita, over and over and over again. No one spams the same isk doubling claim, over and over and over again. No one spams the same margin trading market scam, over and over and over again.
Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2015-02-23 08:37:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Gerhard Stringfellow
Solonius Rex wrote:
Solonius Rex wrote:

Yeah, cause no one spams the same contract scam in jita, over and over and over again. No one spams the same isk doubling claim, over and over and over again. No one spams the same margin trading market scam, over and over and over again.

If you want to fantasize that your corp of <300 is gonna make hi sec it's *****, go for it. I'll end with saying that it's not a big deal there, at least aside from the random person in rookie channel complaining they got ganked. And it's definitely not worthy of some rebellion, CODE is as much of a rebellion in and of itself as a stray crackhouse is to a respectable neighborhood.

Black Pedro
Mine.
#191 - 2015-02-23 08:47:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Black Pedro

Since there are many threads on this already, and this thread is about a new rebel organization, I won't bother fully rebutting this tired old trope that is brought out from time-to-time. Permits are honoured - please point to one credible example where a permit holder was ganked while following the Code - but they are not a license to AFK mine or engage in otherwise undesirable activity in New Order territory.

If you look at those stats in that killboard link, you will see that Ventures (frigates actually) make up only about 5% of CODE.'s kills yet they represent the majority of mining bots. If anything, CODE. should be stepping up its patrols against the little yellow menace to the highsec economy.
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#192 - 2015-02-23 10:33:09 UTC
Is that still a thing?

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#193 - 2015-02-23 11:24:30 UTC
Quote:
Since the Heroes of Highsec do not yet have a teamspeak, one our brave secret agents created a channel on CODE.'s own teamspeak.

Please stop, I can't breathe from laughing.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Chocolate Mooses
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#194 - 2015-02-23 12:44:48 UTC

Please show us what you do that is highly represented whenever you go, and how much "legitimate" content you create. Only use "fair" fights as a example. Also scamming is bad, mmmkay and grrrr goons.
Gaylord Fappington
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#195 - 2015-02-23 16:21:40 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Quote:
Since the Heroes of Highsec do not yet have a teamspeak, one our brave secret agents created a channel on CODE.'s own teamspeak.

Please stop, I can't breathe from laughing.

They've already infiltrated Code. This really may be a revolution to watch. Read up on your Crane Brinton guys, The HoH obviously have.
Sasha Nyemtsov
Doomheim
#196 - 2015-02-23 16:54:51 UTC

Hi Gerhard, I believe that, following extended discussion with him, CCP required James 315's activities to be founded on a commercial basis.

Thus, the first line of the New Halaima Code of Conduct: 'Although profit is a primary motive of my new business...'.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#197 - 2015-02-23 19:06:02 UTC
Hope I'm not too late for this:

I endorse this product and/or service.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#198 - 2015-02-23 19:10:41 UTC
Sasha Nyemtsov wrote:

Hi Gerhard, I believe that, following extended discussion with him, CCP required James 315's activities to be founded on a commercial basis.

Thus, the first line of the New Halaima Code of Conduct: 'Although profit is a primary motive of my new business...'.

Yup, otherwise it's just extortion.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Gaylord Fappington
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#199 - 2015-02-23 19:21:15 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:

1. Educate Miners
2. Save HiSec and Eve Online
3. ??????
4. Profit!

Before you start yelling, Veers, the ?????? isn't extortion, its The Code.

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#200 - 2015-02-23 19:23:36 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:

Hmmm......I wonder if anyone who has tried to interfere with Code has ever been required to have a similar profit motive....