These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kasken for CSM X!

Author
Kasken
Game Over You Suck
Habitual Chaos
#1 - 2015-02-21 13:16:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Kasken
I know it's a late introduction, abut since I managed to actually get myself on the ballot, and I've received emails stating introduce yourself... I figured it was time.

So who am I?

I'm that guy that sat in your class for ten years, and you still have no idea who he is. I don't typically thrust myself into the limelight, and though I've had an effect in several alliances, I remained relatively unknown until recently. Basicaly, I'm that very experienced null sec guy, who started his life in high sec, learned the joys of PvP and tested it in all sorts of places. I spent some time years ago running a mercenary corp in high sec, pirated, and spent lots of time out in Null.

So why did you run for CSM?

It started off in my podcast with Manny, joking around about being able to wear pink thongs in station. Although this is obviously not the highlight selling point for me, it got me thinking about actually running seriously. I've never paid much attention to the CSM, as I always considered them a popularity contest.

However, in the last couple of year some of the joys and wonder that was Eve had started to fade for me. That excitement I had 8 years ago fighting with Scalar Federation for terribad space in Pure Blind was missed. There's two ways I could have gone with that. Find a new game, or inspire myself in Eve. I decided to build the alliance / corporation and go that route.

What does this have to do with running for CSM?

I want to represent the "little guy". Null sec is stagnant. and because of it everything else in Eve is mostly affected by this. There are really only a couple of coalitions out there in this player run game, and because of it, nothing happens. This is one of my primary concerns and I'd love the chance to work with CCP on solutions for it. I've had some pretty radical ideas, that would entirely revamp gameplay, so I don't think they will be put in place, but could at least open up new avenues of thinking.

The tiny alliance I created and am currently building, is not part of a massive block, and has every intention of messing with massive blocks to see what can be accomplished. Eve needs more smaller groups fighting, thriving, and creating content.. This has a cause and effect across all of Eve. High sec gankers are often bored alts. Prices are inflated, low sec is often the big guys rolling over the little guys for moons still... all stuff that needs to change.

If you want to get to know more about me, my style, and general thoughts on Eve... check out my blog. It has months worth of thoughts, opinions, ideas, and concepts of the life of a non coalition player.

Kasken Kronicles

Hit me up here or in game with questions, comments, concerns, and anything else you can think of...

Eve Match CSM Ballot Questionnaire
Rhavas
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#2 - 2015-02-21 21:25:52 UTC
Hi Kasken - Glad to see someone from the latest group put up a thread.

I spent some time browsing your blog. Looks like you started a corp, flew with N3 for a while, left there, flew with BL for a while, and then struck out for NPC Null (Stain) with your corp and founded a new alliance. So let's get a bit more detailed.

1. Do you intend to remain in NPC Null for the long haul? Or is it a staging area for an eventual run to Sov? If the first, then what is the shortlist of things you think could be done to make NPC Null more viable on its own as a whole separate area of space different from Sov Null? How do you convince people to stay and play? If the second, what are the top priorities you have that you'd like to see CCP consider as part of the sov revamp? For bonus points you can answer both. :)
  2. What drove you to leave N3?
  3. What drove you to leave BL?
  4. What are the most important lessons you've learned in running your own corp and Alliance?

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

Kasken
Game Over You Suck
Habitual Chaos
#3 - 2015-02-21 22:13:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Kasken
Rhavas wrote:
Hi Kasken - Glad to see someone from the latest group put up a thread.

I spent some time browsing your blog. Looks like you started a corp, flew with N3 for a while, left there, flew with BL for a while, and then struck out for NPC Null (Stain) with your corp and founded a new alliance. So let's get a bit more detailed.

1. Do you intend to remain in NPC Null for the long haul? Or is it a staging area for an eventual run to Sov? If the first, then what is the shortlist of things you think could be done to make NPC Null more viable on its own as a whole separate area of space different from Sov Null? How do you convince people to stay and play? If the second, what are the top priorities you have that you'd like to see CCP consider as part of the sov revamp? For bonus points you can answer both. :)
  2. What drove you to leave N3?
  3. What drove you to leave BL?
  4. What are the most important lessons you've learned in running your own corp and Alliance?

1. I can safely say no. We have moved out of Stain, and are currently living in Detorid. We are building / growing for a little bit before we strike for our own SOV. NPC Null to me is like low sec without gate guns, so it was never really the long haul plan. Stain, as a non SW member, is terrible.

I think having pirate factions that one can run missions for out there, makes it very independent from SOV as it is. Perhaps adding some NPC Null specific anomalies with appropriate rewards not found elsewhere could also add to its appeal. Finally, the quality of space in NPC null should be bumped up a bit.

SOV revamp, there are so many ways of doing it. ISK sinks, by themselves... really won't cut it. N3 / CFC will just raise rental rates and people will pay. I would personally love to see a couple of different methods in action.

A, Moons get mined out and "respawn" elsewhere in Eve. Similar to when a site is run it appears in another anomaly, but on a much grander scale.

B. Systems that are unused, have their true sec gradually decrease, IE an unused system for x time would reach truesec -1.0. Heavily used systems would raise up to a base 0.0 truesec. This could force migration and movement instead of huge swaths of underpopulated space.

2. The corp I was in chose to leave Nulli and went to FW for a while. I was in the process of leaving the US Army at the time, so played in FW a bit, and then moved back across the country and was inactive. During that time a large chunk of the corp reformed their old group, and "Into the Ether" fell apart.

3. I left Black Legion, because they were toxic and immature. I have a blog post about it and rather than retype it all, I will provide the link to the reasoning for my departure form BL.

Linky

4. The most important lesson is quite easy... delegation. A CEO who does everything themselves, burns out. Eve is challenging, and running a successful corp requires a large set of skills and dedication. You have to trust and delegate tasks to people to spread out the workload.

The other equally important thing is communication. Without clear communication, people start to feel left out, and lose site of what is going on. Poor communication is often the first cracks in a corps foundation.
Slevin-Kelevra
brotherhood of desman
Soviet-Union
#4 - 2015-02-25 07:33:06 UTC
Literally the only person who I want to vote for, +1.
Skord
Star Ants
#5 - 2015-02-25 17:01:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Skord
Quote:
I want to represent the "little guy".

Well, in that case you represent the ants. I'll vote for you.