These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[OH MY!] Drifters, Tyrants, Jovians and more!

Author
Stig Elendil
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2015-02-19 02:27:48 UTC
All that is very interesting. Just would like to share few elements..

My goal was only to go see this new station/tower structure that was cloaked. And i found also an unidentified wh and Drifters and circadian seekers. While looking at the BS near the tower, he warped of in the wh direction just a second before the circadian seekers arrived. I warped to the wh and witnessed the Drifters BS slowly going toward the wh and literaly vanished once near it. I was myself cloaked at around 7500m of the BS. Did the BS knew they were coming ?

Circadian seekers and the Drifters ship scanned (or interacted with their white beam or kind of beam) the beacon (station and/or wh beacons to which you're warping at). I've already been scanned myself by one of this beam by circadian seekers, i killed them that time and they never shooted back (but i heard it has changed now) and that time it was harmless.
That was just few things concerning their attitude in system.

Concerning towers it could be interesting to know if they are in systems with same sun type or anything common between systems. Some of you were talking about Thera (i took a pic of the wh but not as it was asked to so it probably wouldn't help much to show it) and before the patch i was wondering if Thera whs were not recurrently appearing in same systems and especialy close to those cloaked towers.

Since Thera appeared i have found 2 or 3 times a wh driving to Thera in the same system (no tower in this one) plus once in a system next to it and, coincidence (?), the "unidentified wh" appeared in the last one.

So, i'm not giving much informations, sorry, and i'm new in the Lore background (i have so much to see) but i just wanted to share those few things i noticed and my questioning about those wh. If anyone of you have some answers, i would be glad to have them.
Rhavas
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#102 - 2015-02-19 04:13:24 UTC
Nice writeup Uriel. As you know and we've discussed, I agree with a number of your conjectures here - when I quipped that it "was the return of Miko Bour" I wasn't expecting that we'd get evidence of it just a few days later.

Whether this is really the Second Empire revisited remains to be seen, but there is very likely a connection - either in tech, ship usage, or in tribute to his legacy.

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

KaRa DaVuT
Cutting Edge Incorporated
RAZOR Alliance
#103 - 2015-02-19 08:48:29 UTC
awesome post

Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is in your heart and on your mind... And what you decide to do every day, makes you - not your race - a good man - or not.

Brutus Utama
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#104 - 2015-02-19 13:45:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Brutus Utama
anyone tried scanning what they scan using a ship scanner?

Or try escalating with a Titan..... i saw a post somewhere from CCP about escalating against them....
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#105 - 2015-02-19 14:58:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Soldarius
I can personally attest that on sisi as of a couple days ago bringing a dread will not cause anything odd to happen. However, once I knocked out the initial 2 drifters, 3 more warped in and engaged me. By that point I was out of cap due to repping the dd damage and had to warp out. They did not try to stop me, nor did I see them follow. However, I did not stick around on the gate.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Yuri Pyrrhus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#106 - 2015-02-19 16:03:00 UTC
I wonder why are drifter battleships so resemble in appearance to mordu's legion ships? Especially to Orthrus. The same antennas and the same forms of hull. Is it some hint from CCP or just lack of concept artist's imagination?
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#107 - 2015-02-19 17:39:31 UTC
Yuri Pyrrhus wrote:
I wonder why are drifter battleships so resemble in appearance to mordu's legion ships? Especially to Orthrus. The same antennas and the same forms of hull. Is it some hint from CCP or just lack of concept artist's imagination?

Well, Mordu's Legion is at home in Pure Blind, together with the Sisters of Eve, to which the violent wormholes in Thera seem to lead, according to background analysis. So there may be a real connection.
Stig Elendil
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2015-02-19 18:39:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Stig Elendil
Sansh Leko wrote:
Next time when you guys find Unidentified Wormhole can you make a close up screenshot.



i took those pics if it can help.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/c4yyrdH.png[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WAG5ZLN.png[/img]
thorgil
SnaiLs aNd FroGs
Toilet Paper.
#109 - 2015-02-19 18:40:21 UTC
i really want to try 2 things :

- bring a gnosis
- Bring the ghost sites implants.
Sansh Leko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2015-02-19 20:22:12 UTC
Stig Elendil wrote:
Sansh Leko wrote:
Next time when you guys find Unidentified Wormhole can you make a close up screenshot.



i took those pics if it can help.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/c4yyrdH.png[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WAG5ZLN.png[/img]




Yea, they all probably have the same background.

Took this one today, the same again.

WH
Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#111 - 2015-02-20 01:18:43 UTC
I was on sisi the other day before the patch and people were talking about the Drifters not DD'ing ships that were sieged/bastion. Has this been confirmed on TQ? Or did CCP fix their behavior to correctly deal with ewar immune ships?

Could you possibly tracking disrupt them and speed tank with something fast/close?
Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#112 - 2015-02-20 06:27:34 UTC
Dangeresque Too wrote:
I was on sisi the other day before the patch and people were talking about the Drifters not DD'ing ships that were sieged/bastion. Has this been confirmed on TQ? Or did CCP fix their behavior to correctly deal with ewar immune ships?

Could you possibly tracking disrupt them and speed tank with something fast/close?

No. Bastion ships are not immune, and Drifter behaviour hasn't changed since, as far as I'm aware.

Yes you can tracking disrupt them.
Yes it does have a noticeable effect in some circumstances.

Yes you can speed tank both of them -I killed a few in a Burst.

You get doomsdayed if you are in range, always.
Yuri Pyrrhus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2015-02-20 12:52:45 UTC
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:

Yes you can speed tank both of them -I killed a few in a Burst.

I thought no one flies a Burst=)
Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#114 - 2015-02-20 13:04:22 UTC
What if they're searching for their lost super weapon?

So the first time wormholes appeared was in that one incident where that star blew up and pretty much toasted the whole system. If we assume, though possibly wrongfully, that such an event was caused by a super weapon working on a similar basis of that incident, what if the ship carrying the super weapon was accidentally sucked into one of the wormholes are lost.

Then here comes the Jove. They're having the worst panic attack ever because the super weapon just happened to land in capsular space. What do they do? They start pulling out all of the stops. They make drones to mindlessly scan everything in site trying to find it. They build huge listening towers to scan entire systems. They have the drifters patrol the unidentified wormholes artificially created by the exploding star!

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Nami Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#115 - 2015-02-20 13:35:14 UTC
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
What if they're searching for their lost super weapon?

So the first time wormholes appeared was in that one incident where that star blew up and pretty much toasted the whole system. If we assume, though possibly wrongfully, that such an event was caused by a super weapon working on a similar basis of that incident, what if the ship carrying the super weapon was accidentally sucked into one of the wormholes are lost.

Then here comes the Jove. They're having the worst panic attack ever because the super weapon just happened to land in capsular space. What do they do? They start pulling out all of the stops. They make drones to mindlessly scan everything in site trying to find it. They build huge listening towers to scan entire systems. They have the drifters patrol the unidentified wormholes artificially created by the exploding star!


I think it's safe to assume that any advanced weaponry the Jove have today should be far more powerful than any Terran weapon known or discovered.
And the reason for this is simple : the Jove, unlike the Empires, have never undergone the space-dark-ages and never had to re-invent space-flight for example. While the Empires had to work their way back into being space-faring civilizations, the Jove we're having their First Empire and such and were busy deciding how many more arms they should grow. This being said, they had continued access to Terran tech and it stands to reason that not only they can use it without any problems, but most surely they have also improved on it by now.
Although they have suffered the fall of the First and Second Empire they would not have lost much in the ways of technology - these different collapses were more organizational than technological (even in Terran history most Empires grew and developed on the technologies of the previous ones, bringing their own improvements, technological evolution so to say).

It is my sincere belief that there is no "magic Terran gun" that the Jove fear (excluding the fact that fear is probably an emotion they have long since curbed) - but if the Jove would indeed search for the "magic Terran gun" they would do so in order to prevent the "wayward children" from blasting themselves to kingdom-come and eventually getting into their heads the idea that now they have "the big shtick" and they can take on even the Jove (we know very well how that ended for the last Empire that picked a fight with them).

Fornicate The Constabulary !

Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#116 - 2015-02-20 16:47:38 UTC
Nami Kumamato wrote:
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
What if they're searching for their lost super weapon?

So the first time wormholes appeared was in that one incident where that star blew up and pretty much toasted the whole system. If we assume, though possibly wrongfully, that such an event was caused by a super weapon working on a similar basis of that incident, what if the ship carrying the super weapon was accidentally sucked into one of the wormholes are lost.

Then here comes the Jove. They're having the worst panic attack ever because the super weapon just happened to land in capsular space. What do they do? They start pulling out all of the stops. They make drones to mindlessly scan everything in site trying to find it. They build huge listening towers to scan entire systems. They have the drifters patrol the unidentified wormholes artificially created by the exploding star!


I think it's safe to assume that any advanced weaponry the Jove have today should be far more powerful than any Terran weapon known or discovered.
And the reason for this is simple : the Jove, unlike the Empires, have never undergone the space-dark-ages and never had to re-invent space-flight for example. While the Empires had to work their way back into being space-faring civilizations, the Jove we're having their First Empire and such and were busy deciding how many more arms they should grow. This being said, they had continued access to Terran tech and it stands to reason that not only they can use it without any problems, but most surely they have also improved on it by now.
Although they have suffered the fall of the First and Second Empire they would not have lost much in the ways of technology - these different collapses were more organizational than technological (even in Terran history most Empires grew and developed on the technologies of the previous ones, bringing their own improvements, technological evolution so to say).

It is my sincere belief that there is no "magic Terran gun" that the Jove fear (excluding the fact that fear is probably an emotion they have long since curbed) - but if the Jove would indeed search for the "magic Terran gun" they would do so in order to prevent the "wayward children" from blasting themselves to kingdom-come and eventually getting into their heads the idea that now they have "the big shtick" and they can take on even the Jove (we know very well how that ended for the last Empire that picked a fight with them).



No I mean what if, in the explosion, whatever caused the star to explode was sucked into one of the wormholes generated by the explosion, sending it into Capsuleer space and giving the Jove a heart attack because they lost their most powerful weapon

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Ravasta Helugo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#117 - 2015-02-20 18:23:01 UTC
Bobb Bobbington wrote:


No I mean what if, in the explosion, whatever caused the star to explode was sucked into one of the wormholes generated by the explosion, sending it into Capsuleer space and giving the Jove a heart attack because they lost their most powerful weapon

I think you may be on to something.

These guys are definitely looking for something. Desperately.
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#118 - 2015-02-20 18:31:48 UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prykUrUhDiQ new Scope video.

Just further strengthens my belief that the SoE up to no good. They have a hand it this somehow.
Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#119 - 2015-02-22 18:14:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jandice Ymladris
Something to ponder over & get your brain in gear: How do the drifters fit in all of this?

-First: Drifters look like the Jove, (albeit cybernetically enhanced), so they got a clear & visible link to the Jove, despite how different they are tech-wise

-Second: Blowing up a drifter yields salvage (and loot too now it seems) that you also find in Sleeper wrecks, so they got a connection with them to.

-Third: the Drifter symbol, the triple integral is not just a symbol, it's the symbol to write a triple integral for a closed volume, used in hyper-euclidian mathematics, something the Talocan race mastered, so they've got a link with them too. (Closed Volume Integral symbol googled)

-Fourth: Hierachy structure shares similarities with Nation. Drifters show up in 2 forms (Artemis Tyrannos & Appollo Tyrannos) lead by a third higher ranking Drifter: Strategos Tyrannos. Nation shows a similar structure, with True Slaves & Citizens executing the tasks of their leader, Sansha Kuvakei. they both love enhancing their loyal subjects cybernetically.
However, as we know little of Sleepers & Talocans, this connection is much less direct then the previous 3.

So now we have to find out how the Drifters fit in all of this! Also, re-investigating some sleeper/talocan sites would be a good way to find clues that didn't make much sense prior to the drifters appearing.

Edit: expanded on point 3 to make it clearer

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#120 - 2015-02-23 08:53:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Elyia Suze Nagala
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
Something to ponder...

-Third: the Drifter symbol, the triple integral is not just a symbol, it's the symbol to write a triple integral, used in hyper-euclidian mathematics, something the Talocan race mastered, so they've got a link with them too.

-Fourth: Hierachy structure shares similarities with Nation. Drifters show up in 2 forms (Artemis Tyrannos & Appollo Tyrannos) lead by a third higher ranking Drifter: Strategos Tyrannos. Nation shows a similar structure, with True Slaves & Citizens executing the tasks of their leader, Sansha Kuvakei. they both love enhancing their loyal subjects cybernetically.
However, as we know little of Sleepers & Talocans, this connection is much less direct then the previous 3.

So now we have to find out how the Drifters fit in all of this! Also, re-investigating some sleeper/talocan sites would be a good way to find clues that didn't make much sense prior to the drifters appearing.



This, number 3, could indeed mean something. Google integral and something like this comes up: "(the same volume can be obtained via the triple integral—the integral of a function in three variables—of the constant function f(x, y, z) = 1 over the above-mentioned region between the surface and the plane.) If there are more variables, a multiple integral will yield hypervolumes of multi-dimensional functions.'

Take note of the part, "constant function f(x, y, z) = 1". Those are like also coordinates. Coordinates for what. We have 3 different Drifter Tyrannos classes as well and a number of other in game clues to that utilize coordinates. New Sleeper sites use a coordinate system to get to the back security area, etc.

Finally, the Drifter logo isn't just the integral sign, it has a filled in oval behind it. Symbolic of perhaps Caroline's Star's nebula? A planet or star? What is the significance of that globe in relation to the integral symbol. Note the integral symbol is also placed over the globe, which may mean something too, though I may be reading into this way to far. Its also as we know very different from the other Jovian logos we've seen which are blocky.

Does this stir anything up guys? Do any of the Eve Fiction experts notice anything with that?