These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

L4 Battleships

Author
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#21 - 2015-02-17 05:49:22 UTC
They are randomlvl4.

You can decline them without penalty.

Anomic agent and anomic team missions
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-02-17 06:05:29 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Baneken wrote:
Marauders although expensive can be used in PvP as well as bastion module makes them immune to e-war making them mini-dreadnoughts.
However most people also know this and thus it requires an effort to found idiots willing to engage a sieged marauder without superior firepower and support.

Or neuts,

marauders don't like neuts very much.

Big smile so true.
But then there are very few ships that do like neuts except those who using them on others.

passive snakes are not bothered by neuts overly much
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2015-02-17 08:10:10 UTC
Typhoid Mary wrote:
L'ouris wrote:
While a recent addition: those burner missions can illustrate another reason everyone says to master frigates first btw.

The necessary support skills are identical to all ships. Even lovely frigates :)

Does burner missions randomly show up from l4 mission agents? Not that I am planning to do them, I just don't accidentally want to take one and lose faction standings because I fail them.

I have taken and failed them you get no standings hit as far as I know and I see nothing in transactions. Burner missions are special you can take them and fail them but do not confuse them with the other normal missions where you will.

The burner missions do randomly show up. I think I've turned down like 4 of them in a row at one point. I think the higher that your standings are the more better your chances of getting one but that's just something someone told me not sure if it is correct.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-02-17 09:54:36 UTC
machariel and vindicator are also great, train into marauders, drone boats are good and so are t3's, ishtar for drones or tengu for missiles

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Wimzy Chent-Shi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2015-02-17 13:12:06 UTC
I flew Vargur, Machariel, Dominix, Megathron, Hyperion and Rattlesnake.

In spite of "low" skill requirements Rattlesnake comes out as a winner for the reasons mentioned in the posts above regarding the passive shiled tanking and such, if you despise it being a drone boat I suggest you opt in for more ballistic controls over drone damage amplifiers and make it a farily balanced missile>drone boat, cruise missiles have incredible range and decent volley damage, the only issue is the travel time.

Otherwise any decent gunboat even a missile boat will do, you don't even need to tank too much - fit a Microjump drive and just jump around and shoot everything at range, I personally am fond of projectile turrets since they enable you to change the damage type so much, but so do missiles and both are also cap free, but do consume ammo, hybrids come out as top dps but just as lasers they have fixed damage type - but it's no so bad, kinetic/thermal comes out as fairly universal.

Come get some cancer @ my blog !

"This clash of opinions is like cutting onions. We are creating something here, that's productive, ...and then there is also salt." -Wimzy 2016

Phig Neutron
Starbreaker and Sons
#26 - 2015-02-17 19:46:52 UTC
I also enjoy gunnery-based battleships and I'm not surprised you found drones boring. The rattlesnake is great, but I have a feeling you'll find missiles boring, too. There's more button-pushing but no more skill involved.

With the gun-based battleships you have two choices: short range (blaster, pulse, autocannon) or long range (rail, beam, artillery). I'm not even going to answer your original question which is "which race". All are good. Personally, I like using short-range weapons. I do some missions in an autocannon Maelstrom. It does monstrous DPS, but the limited range of the guns means you need to fly around the mission space in order to get close to the enemies --- which may be a positive if you want to exercise those piloting skills. The long range option (like an artillery Tempest, perhaps) could hit the farther-away targets but get boring quickly.
Eve Solecist
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#27 - 2015-02-18 13:00:21 UTC
Slightly offtopic I would like to point out that you saying someone gave you a battleship ...
... triggers "Oohhh happy times to get things for free" in me.

You aren't doing your friends a service if you let people know others ...
... and of course I assume it's corpmates ...
... give out things for free.

It brings people like me on the stage to find out just how much I can gr.... be gifted with.
And trust me on this, I am really good at making people love giving me things
and I am absolutely not the only one picking every opportunity she sees.

Just a friendly reminder.
Don't talk about your nice friends, because it will hunt them.

*kinks*
  • All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#28 - 2015-02-18 13:04:36 UTC
I have candy.
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2015-02-18 13:06:30 UTC
Typhoid Mary wrote:
Today someone borrowed me

It's "could care less" all over again.

The term is lent. Borrow/borrowed is the term for you temporarily getting something off someone else, Loan/lent is for someone temporarily giving something to you.
Typhoid Mary
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2015-02-18 13:10:17 UTC
Eve Solecist wrote:
Slightly offtopic I would like to point out that you saying someone gave you a battleship ...

It brings people like me on the stage to find out just how much I can gr.... be gifted with.

*kinks*

Makes sense! Unfortunately for the prospective thief it wasn't my corp, but they are free to try! Corp is always looking for new players Lol
Typhoid Mary
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2015-02-18 13:13:37 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
Typhoid Mary wrote:
Today someone borrowed me

It's "could care less" all over again.

The term is lent. Borrow/borrowed is the term for you temporarily getting something off someone else, Loan/lent is for someone temporarily giving something to you.

I dont know if I would say I couldnt care less. Its more a matter of English not being my native language. In my language there is only one word to describe borrowing and lending, and I sometimes have trouble with words like that. I will be sure to pay more attention to how I structure my sentences in future.
Eve Solecist
#32 - 2015-02-18 13:26:17 UTC
Typhoid Mary wrote:
Eve Solecist wrote:

*kinks*

Makes sense! Unfortunately for the prospective thief it wasn't my corp, but they are free to try! Corp is always looking for new players Lol
Thank you for the invitation.

• All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#33 - 2015-02-18 13:41:28 UTC
Eve Solecist
#34 - 2015-02-18 13:47:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Eve Solecist
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
hi sol.

Hello! How are you? All fine?

Had to make a trialaccount, because my sub ran out but I need partial forum access.

I hope you don't think "Ha! Caught you!" or something. :)

Let's not derail this. I could use a few mails for my scanner, though.
Previous page12