These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Blue tears with possibility of red showers

Author
Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#21 - 2015-02-16 08:42:14 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:

I fart. I create content. I take a dump. I create content.

Geez. Subtle intellectuality is lost on some folks, I guess.

The irony of these statements together is amazing
RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-02-16 14:58:29 UTC
I routinely leave my twitch stream on and a cloaky ship off a gate for my corp buddies. They watch my stream for gate flashes and such. So it works both ways.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Agent Unknown
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#23 - 2015-02-17 20:15:26 UTC
metalravenous wrote:
I recently got pooped on because I used twitch to stream.

Basically I had inadvertently left the stream on while I was docked in a -1.0 system.with my local chat open. This allowed anyone who was watching to tell who was docked in system. I also accidentally left the intel channel open.

This got me to thinking that a perfect solution to cloaky camping is to get an alt into a corp that has standings in one of these prime ratting systems, leave the corp or alliance and just twitch stream your new frenemies. This would be a great way to also help hot droppers and would be awoxxers to create content.

The benefits of being able to do this are pretty great. You don't have to spend a fortune on a cloak. You don't have to worry about risking a ship. You don't have to worry about an accidental internet outage causing you to be found. On the downside people would know when you were active again.

This works until downtime after you leave or get kicked from corp/alliance ...you'd just get banned from the intel channel or be unable to join it because of standings.
smokess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-02-17 20:55:20 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:
Geez. Subtle intellectuality is lost on some folks, I guess.

Talking about 'subtle intellectuality' while making South Park style poo jokes. How ironic.
metalravenous
Pyramid Celestial
#25 - 2015-02-17 21:18:50 UTC
Agent Unknown wrote:
metalravenous wrote:

Basically I had inadvertently left the stream on while I was docked in a -1.0 system.with my local chat open. This allowed anyone who was watching to tell who was docked in system. I also accidentally left the intel channel open.

This got me to thinking that a perfect solution to cloaky camping is to get an alt into a corp that has standings in one of these prime ratting systems, leave the corp or alliance and just twitch stream your new frenemies. This would be a great way to also help hot droppers and would be awoxxers to create content.

The benefits of being able to do this are pretty great. You don't have to spend a fortune on a cloak. You don't have to worry about risking a ship. You don't have to worry about an accidental internet outage causing you to be found. On the downside people would know when you were active again.

This works until downtime after you leave or get kicked from corp/alliance ...you'd just get banned from the intel channel or be unable to join it because of standings.

Even if you are kicked from corp doesn't mean you have to leave station. I think knowing who is docked up is valuable intel. Additionally it lets other people see who is potentially active.

I have seen system where people just link what anom they are in regardless of their being a neutral in system.
Commander Spurty
#26 - 2015-02-17 21:27:50 UTC
Only people watching were blues.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Agent Unknown
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-02-18 02:39:17 UTC
metalravenous wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
metalravenous wrote:

Even if you are kicked from corp doesn't mean you have to leave station. I think knowing who is docked up is valuable intel. Additionally it lets other people see who is potentially active.

I have seen system where people just link what anom they are in regardless of their being a neutral in system.

People who link intel in Local deserve to be ganked, tbh.
metalravenous
Pyramid Celestial
#28 - 2015-02-18 04:05:36 UTC
Agent Unknown wrote:
metalravenous wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
metalravenous wrote:

People who link intel in Local deserve to be ganked, tbh.

Why?

I got accused of help some gankers because I told them to go find bot ratters in 7U...its not like the whole system didn't glow red on Dotlan....
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#29 - 2015-02-18 07:37:19 UTC
Hiasa Kite wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
metalravenous wrote:
You don't have to spend a fortune on a cloak.

this had me chuckling,

more than it should.

how poor do you need to be to consider a cloak expensive?Big smile

Approximately miner that can't afford a permit poor.

FTFY
Previous page12