These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Belt rats warping away...

Author
Agent Unknown
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-02-17 18:43:09 UTC
It happens randomly, but it's super annoying. Aside from scramming them (which is impossible when there's multiple), what's the best way to reduce the chances of the NPC warping away when you're shooting it? It breaks locks as soon as it starts warping (even the BS which take a good 10 seconds to warp away), so I can't kill it...
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#2 - 2015-02-17 19:35:59 UTC
Pop them faster.
try overheating.
Agent Unknown
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-02-17 19:38:26 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Pop them faster.
try overheating.

Overheating with an ishtar? ;)
Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2015-02-17 19:49:16 UTC
I usually find them at the ore anomaly (assuming there is one) when they do the random warp off. Can't recall a random warp off while there was not an ore anomaly present, although I have not tested this theory, just an observation in my one random system. It could just be coincidence.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Agent Unknown
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-02-17 19:55:55 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
I usually find them at the ore anomaly (assuming there is one) when they do the random warp off. Can't recall a random warp off while there was not an ore anomaly present, although I have not tested this theory, just an observation in my one random system. It could just be coincidence.

I'll have to check that theory...they don't seem to warp towards anything, but next time it happens I'll go to the ore anom to see if they're chilling there so I can finally kill them. Pirate
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-02-17 20:31:58 UTC
Can't you just point them like what regular and NORMAL EVE players do to things warping off?

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Agent Unknown
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-02-17 20:40:11 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Can't you just point them like what regular and NORMAL EVE players do to things warping off?

Can't if they're ~60km away or there's more than one.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#8 - 2015-02-17 20:54:22 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:

No you can't. They have too many WCS's in their lows.

Insert Caldari farmer joke here.
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-02-17 21:01:02 UTC
Agent Unknown wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:

Get a friend in a garmur with a faction point?

Agent Unknown
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-02-17 21:04:33 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:

Doesn't help the "more than one" aspect. Plus, as someone else pointed out I don't know if scrams affect NPCs since I haven't tested it.

Based on some research, it seems they're more likely to warp away if I say kill the smaller rats before the battleships, but I don't have anything solid. If anything I'll just have to deal with them warping away even if it's every 4-5 belts Ugh
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-02-17 21:07:34 UTC
Agent Unknown wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:

Doesn't help the "more than one" aspect. Plus, as someone else pointed out I don't know if scrams affect NPCs since I haven't tested it.

Based on some research, it seems they're more likely to warp away if I say kill the smaller rats before the battleships, but I don't have anything solid. If anything I'll just have to deal with them warping away even if it's every 4-5 belts Ugh

Get more than ONE friend in a garmur with faction point?

Agent Unknown
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-02-17 21:09:41 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Agent Unknown wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:

I think that's bordering on silly. Lol
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-02-17 21:22:10 UTC
Agent Unknown wrote:

Quote:
Stuff

I think that's bordering on silly. Lol
[/quote]

You're the one having a problem with things warping off before you can kill it. I offered a solution to the problem that can be solved via ingame means with readily available tools. If bringing more than one friend to tackle all the rats is silly why not just bubble them?

BigWolfUK
Sons-of-Liberty
#14 - 2015-02-17 21:25:22 UTC  |  Edited by: BigWolfUK
Disruptors/Scrams do work on NPCs
I know this because, I have hit belts in PvP fit ships, and have had them warp away, but the rat I have pointed remains on grid

Tbf, just go for the most valuable rat first, then if the rest warp, you've lost less
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-02-18 10:58:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Yang Aurilen
Alright after a bit of EFT warrioring I've solved his problem of rats warping away at 60 km off and he doesn't want to bring any friends to hold them down so I bring to you:

[Arazu, xXx_PointNoLock_xXx]
Damage Control II
800mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

250mm Railgun II, Spike M
[empty high slot]

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

60 km point range that can hold up to 5 rats of his choosing in any belts with guns that has an optimal of 65 km and 15 km falloff! It even has a microwarpdrive just in case any rat tries to burn to or away from his point range and some tank to boot! It is even cap stable if you pulse the MWD.

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#16 - 2015-02-18 13:08:52 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:

No you can't. They have too many WCS's in their lows.

Insert Caldari farmer joke here.

The rats could just be Crosi alts.
Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-02-18 22:34:16 UTC
I can't believe i am actually about to give a non trolly answer. . . Gather around kids and collect this moment to help sustain you through the long and cold troll months.

I don't think the rats at the belts warp away randomly, I think and i am working off my experiences from a long time ago, but if you kills the frigates before you start of the battleships they may warp off. If you kill the battleships first you shouldn't have the warp off problem.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Agent Unknown
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-02-19 15:35:25 UTC
Iyokus Patrouette wrote:
I can't believe i am actually about to give a non trolly answer. . . Gather around kids and collect this moment to help sustain you through the long and cold troll months.

I don't think the rats at the belts warp away randomly, I think and i am working off my experiences from a long time ago, but if you kills the frigates before you start of the battleships they may warp off. If you kill the battleships first you shouldn't have the warp off problem.

I'll definitely try that. Since I don't *have* to kill the smaller stuff first unless it's a scram/web rat, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I had it happen again yesterday when there was one cruiser and a battleship left. It was amusing to see my fighters follow it...(assigned, not belt ratting in a carrier!).
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#19 - 2015-03-02 14:47:06 UTC
Ive seen this issue many times.
Rats are immune to warp screams.
Ive found them at moons, offices, the local system sun, other belts, etch.
rats have an IWIN button for about anything

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Phig Neutron
Starbreaker and Sons
#20 - 2015-03-03 00:47:10 UTC
I have seen this sometimes if you shoot the "support" ships first. So if there are two battleships and two frigates, and you shoot the frigates first, the battleships might warp off. I also sometimes fit ECM to jam the battleships, and I've noticed them warping off when jammed. I guess they know when they're looking at a losing proposition.
12Next page