These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

hi sec Gankers

First post
Author
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#101 - 2015-02-17 06:24:48 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Because you are spouting rubbish. Suicide ganking is the single most punished activity in EVE and given your reaction to what I said you know that what you said was a lie. The simple fact here is that you cannot be bothered to protect yourself so you as CCP to do it for you.

I havent asked CCP to do anything for me. I also disagree with suicide ganking as the most punished activity, Macro Mining is. But that is a different activity all together.

Tell me, why is it ok for a -10 to goons not be able to dock at their stations in null but it is ok for a -10 to all of empire be able to dock anywhere they want in empire?

When was the last time you had to activly protect your high sec station of choice from a supercap fleet? Corp standings are not the same as security standings.

So why do faction police try and kill you in highsec? You do know how faction/corp standings relationship works right? You are no longer welcome in highsec, shouldn't matter if its Royal Khanid Navy or Impetus, all corporations get their standings from the factions and those factions have deemed you KOS.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#102 - 2015-02-17 06:34:15 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Because you are spouting rubbish. Suicide ganking is the single most punished activity in EVE and given your reaction to what I said you know that what you said was a lie. The simple fact here is that you cannot be bothered to protect yourself so you as CCP to do it for you.

I havent asked CCP to do anything for me. I also disagree with suicide ganking as the most punished activity, Macro Mining is. But that is a different activity all together.

Tell me, why is it ok for a -10 to goons not be able to dock at their stations in null but it is ok for a -10 to all of empire be able to dock anywhere they want in empire?

When was the last time you had to activly protect your high sec station of choice from a supercap fleet? Corp standings are not the same as security standings.

So why do faction police try and kill you in highsec? You do know how faction/corp standings relationship works right? You are no longer welcome in highsec, shouldn't matter if its Royal Khanid Navy or Impetus, all corporations get their standings from the factions and those factions have deemed you KOS.

And?

Those are NPC navies not players, we dont attack said NPCs just pod pilots who are neutral to said navies. All you plan would do is punish people who pvp in lowsec, gankers would just use a neutral orca or bowhead. well done. Once again the bears demand a nerf that hurts everyone but doesnt get he results they want.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#103 - 2015-02-17 06:36:09 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

And?

Those are NPC navies not players, we dont attack said NPCs just pod pilots who are neutral to said navies. All you plan would do is punish people who pvp in lowsec, gankers would just use a neutral orca or bowhead. well done. Once again the bears demand a nerf that hurts everyone but doesnt get he results they want.

How would a -10 being unable to establish medical clones in highsec hurt regular players? Spin that for me please?

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#104 - 2015-02-17 06:36:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
The amount of trying to convince the game population that you guys mine in low/null and therefore deserve to desecrate the highsec population at will is startling.

Them sounds like fighting words.

Ok.

Left jab

Right hook

For the knockout punch, go check my killboard. You'll find I'm not a highsec ganker at all. But I certainly agree with them and anyone (like Jenn aside) that think that no play style is above any other and no play style should be nerfed because of the endless whinging of others.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#105 - 2015-02-17 06:39:57 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
The amount of trying to convince the game population that you guys mine in low/null and therefore deserve to desecrate the highsec population at will is startling.

Ok.

Left jab

Right hook

For the knockout punch, go check my killboard. You'll find I'm not a highsec ganker at all.

And you could check mine and see I never had a freighter ganked... what does that have to do with your toxic view for an anarchist view of how eve should be?

Your view of this game, your vision turns the entire game into Amamake and drives off thousands of people who enjoy the game.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#106 - 2015-02-17 06:42:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
And you could check mine and see I never had a freighter ganked... what does that have to do with your toxic view for an anarchist view of how eve should be?

I don't need to check yours. I not accusing you of anything.

But, what vision is that I am supposed to hold that is toxic and anarchist?

What is wrong with a view that everyone has a right to play the style of game they want and if that involves interaction with other players, we are all able to take care of our own problems without calling for CCP to take care of them like little children.

So far you are 0-2. Where are you going to change the argument to next? Rather than just acknowledging that you've been wrong in your accusations and accepting that gankers have just as mugh right to play in this game as you do.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#107 - 2015-02-17 06:48:55 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

I don't need to check yours. I not accusing you of anything.

But, what vision is that I am supposed to hold that is toxic and anarchist?

What is wrong with a view that everyone has a right to play the style of game they want and if that involves interaction with other players, we are all able to take care of our own problems without calling for CCP to take care of them like little children.

So far you are 0-2. Where are you going to change the argument to next? Rather than just acknowledging that you've been wrong in your accusations and accepting that gankers have just as mugh right to play in this game as you do.

I am not wrong in anything. You want limitless interaction. But the game does have some rules and boundaries. One of those is High-Sec is not a free for all. You want it to be, it shouldn't be. Never have I said ganking should be banned or stopped.

Ganking is fine, I want the consequences for gankers who stay in highsec to mean something, to be harsh, to add risk. You want the ability to F1 anything that undocks. CCP can't take your approach or the game ends, the extreme carebear view that highsec is perfectly safe all the time isn't actually game breaking (many mmos are very successful on that premise).

My view I believe is the middle ground. Gank if you want, suffer the consequence or go to gank friendly regions.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#108 - 2015-02-17 06:52:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
I am not wrong in anything. You want limitless interaction.

No, of course you aren't.

No. I don't want limitless interaction. I think the idea of highsec, lowsec and nullsec are good. Nothing wrong with that at all.

0-3 now.

Maybe we can get off discussing us all and get back on the topic. It will make for much more productive discussion.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#109 - 2015-02-17 06:58:07 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1

How would a -10 being unable to establish medical clones in highsec hurt regular players? Spin that for me please?

The bulk of -10s are people who pvp in lowsec. You are effectivly locking these people out of highsec and making their ability to replace their ships much harder in an attempt to stop gankers who would adapt anyway. When I gank in highsec my clone is still set to nullsec.

Your nerf will impact the wrong people and the worst part is that a few weeks later you will be back demanding yet another nerf to ganking using the same wrong arguments that there is no risk for them and you cant defend against it.
Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2015-02-17 07:06:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

The bulk of -10s are people who pvp in lowsec. You are effectivly locking these people out of highsec and making their ability to replace their ships much harder in an attempt to stop gankers who would adapt anyway. When I gank in highsec my clone is still set to nullsec.

Your nerf will impact the wrong people.

I quite like his idea. As long as it is balanced. No player with a sec status of 5.0 should be allowed to establish medical clones in lawless space. No player who has shot a blood raider should be allowed establish a medical clone in a Blood station.
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#111 - 2015-02-17 07:22:29 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Ok.

Left jab

Right hook

For the knockout punch, go check my killboard. You'll find I'm not a highsec ganker at all. But I certainly agree with them and anyone (like Jenn aside) that think that no play style is above any other and no play style should be nerfed because of the endless whinging of others.

Lol. EZA-FM. My home such a long time ago. Tried getting Dave there, but The Vedunari where busy elsewhere :). I might come and join you mining.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#112 - 2015-02-17 07:26:12 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:
I might come and join you mining.

Yeah come along anytime. But don't bring any of those weapons turrets or anything. ok. I trust you.
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#113 - 2015-02-17 07:30:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Mistah Ewedynao
1. It is silly for -10's to be able to dock in High sec stations...or even -5's.

2. It is total BS to think/claim that ganking random EMPTY or very low value cargo carrying freighters has a potential for profit, it's griefing.

3. It's also complete lack of knowledge of the game they play, laziness or just plain stupidity for a freighter pilot with a couple billion or more in cargo to fly an untanked, unboosted freighter without even having some decent tank implants.

Scout the damn route, tank your haulers and buy some implants that improve your tank. Have a booster in fleet.

Cargo expanders are NOT tanking mods Roll

Hyper spatial accelerators are NOT tanking mods

Inertial Stabs are NOT tanking Mods

Reinforced Bulkheads are tanking mods, but they tank your 0% resists structure, better than the above though.

That pretty much leaves armor resists. Combined with a slave set, a few good hardwires and a decent fleet armor boost and the gankers will need MANY coordinated Tier 3 BC's to kill ya. Throw in a good fleet repper and the gankers die, not you.

Study and LEARN

EDIT: I may be wrong about reinforced Bulkheads. They seem to work for this guy.

Eve's Greatest Obelisk ConsumerLol

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#114 - 2015-02-17 07:54:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Cancel Align NOW
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:

2. It is total BS to think/claim that ganking random EMPTY or very low value cargo carrying freighters has a potential for profit, it's griefing.

I agree with everything in your post except that. Ganking can be against hulls, against pilots, or against travel routes. Limiting traffic between Hek and Jita creates better profit options.
Josef Djugashvilis
#115 - 2015-02-17 08:11:12 UTC
SnowFlower Crendraven wrote:
so i was ganked in hi sec yesterday by 3 destroyers...even with all my drones trained to Adv.
l5 and a fleet t2 shield harmony boost plus all the fleets drones set to guard my ship...i lost the attack. My fleet boosters drones did'nt even respond to the attack but just before that they responded to some rats that came in. After i lost my ship i docked at the station and thats where the gankers went also, they sure enjoyed making fun in local so i set it up so anyone i my corp could kill them. Well that did'nt work either, as soon as my corp member undocked and seen them he locked on and fired but was destroyed by concord. He tried to dock when they started shooting but got the message ( docking not allowed because he agressed another pilot or something) i guess this game is set up to make no sense to me at all. i checked under my killrights and it was set so anyone in my corp could kill but it did'nt work and so another ship was lost. All i wanted to do was mine alittle in hisec but might be better off in lowsec for all the good it did me. anyone else feeling cheated lately ? Wish i could just once feel like my time and training was worth all the years invested in this game . FEELING RIPPED OFF...Cheers

Weird CODE alt detected at best, or poor quality troll at worse.

This will now lead to the usual boring stuff about how Eve should be Hello Kitty Online versus, Eve should be 'ard innit? and it is your fault if you get ganked posts.

Ho hum...

This is not a signature.

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#116 - 2015-02-17 08:19:31 UTC
Another victory for the New Order of Highsec
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2015-02-17 08:19:58 UTC
The only thing that bothers me about this now is, anyone mining in a Hulk is a return player who didn't get the memo, they are trash ships.

Most every belt I see now has Proc's, Macki's and Skiffs in them. I'm sure the ganker tears will start to flow a little heavier sooner than later as the easy kills dry up.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#118 - 2015-02-17 08:50:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Sisohiv wrote:
The only thing that bothers me about this now is, anyone mining in a Hulk is a return player who didn't get the memo, they are trash ships.

Most every belt I see now has Proc's, Macki's and Skiffs in them. I'm sure the ganker tears will start to flow a little heavier sooner than later as the easy kills dry up.
The ganking of barges was already at an all time low, years ago. That particular ship has sailed. (pun intended)

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#119 - 2015-02-17 08:59:40 UTC
Prove that gankers actually go to low or null. You can't, and I can't prove they don't.

Look at my killboard. You'll see highsec suicide ganks, lowsec piracy and a stupid orca loss there, another stupid orca loss in a wormhole (but any dead orca is a good orca, so it's OK) and you'll see some nullsec stuff, too. So, yes, you absolutely can prove that gankers go to other parts of space.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Anthar Thebess
#120 - 2015-02-17 09:04:42 UTC
Higsec is dangerous space.
So many pilots around trying to kill you Lol

After years in nullsec i am bit afraid to fly in higsec.
Who knows when your ship will insta pof because of ~tornado.

Balance gankers vs carebears was heavily broken when destroyers and almost all gun dps got boosted, and ships like tornado or talos leave assembly lines.

Still CCP have more important stuff to take care of now.
Carrier rebalance ( aka no capital reps without triage) , sov and nullsec changes.

Love you CCP , and the way you keep your word.