These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Caps Balanced? Naglfar still broken.

Author
Lord Zuku
BlackHawcks
#1 - 2011-12-21 11:10:50 UTC
The Naglfar is still unquestionably flawed, twice the training gets you half the tank and missile wait times. When is CCP going to address this issue? Wouldn't crucible have been the time to do it? This has been a hot topic since 08... and also.

V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L

S
H
I
P
S
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-12-21 11:13:00 UTC
well move your camera at 90 percent and you got

H O R I Z O N T A L S H I P
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#3 - 2011-12-21 12:50:46 UTC
MOROS

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#4 - 2011-12-21 12:59:30 UTC
Its not broken, its Minmatar. Its about bloody time the Minmatar have ship that isn't best at everything.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Cletus Graeme
Shai Dorsai
#5 - 2011-12-21 13:16:48 UTC
Ciar Meara wrote:
Its not broken, its Minmatar. Its about bloody time the Minmatar have ship that isn't best at everything.

You don't balance subcaps by making caps which suck. Both the Nid and the Nag needed a boost (the Nid got one). I'm all for nerfing Canes but that doesn't mean all their ships are awesome.
Apollo Gabriel
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#6 - 2011-12-21 13:18:03 UTC
Cletus Graeme wrote:
Ciar Meara wrote:

You don't balance subcaps by making caps which suck. Both the Nid and the Nag needed a boost (the Nid got one). I'm all for nerfing Canes but that doesn't mean all their ships are awesome.

Um, yeah, it's called Eve!

Why else would CCP make and leave such crappy ships in game!
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#7 - 2011-12-21 13:35:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Ciar Meara
Cletus Graeme wrote:
Ciar Meara wrote:

Well if you want to discuss like civilised human beings and propose reasonable views you should have said so before. I'd say to you that in addition to this the hell is also from what i hear "a piece of crap" I wouldn't know I don't fly Minmatar.

Although I remember reading a good RP reason why Minmatar designed capitals are not that good compared to the lets say Amarr ones. Their build style and philosophy just don't gel right with basic capital ideas. Unlike the Amarr who have always been good and shooting big lasers with lots of armour slapped on. The minmatar prefer speed and autocannons hit and run tactics which would make their capitals the "worst".

Although an excellent IP reason it might not convince the average player why they are stuck with sub par equipment. Some differences/advantage/disadvantages should be instituted.

I myself would propse a better alignment/speed for the capitals making them better at running away :) or perhaps a greater jumprange which could fit in their design philosophy. Then again I am a purist Amarr slave trading sob, so I don't really follow up on Minmatar wants and needs.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

illirdor
Upper Class Goat
#8 - 2011-12-21 14:05:35 UTC
its funny when ppl whine about matar subcap ships being OP they respond with cross training but when it comes to their cap ships then they need a buff....

Soooo this is my sig.... 

Lord Zuku
BlackHawcks
#9 - 2011-12-21 19:52:26 UTC
illirdor wrote:
its funny when ppl whine about matar subcap ships being OP they respond with cross training but when it comes to their cap ships then they need a buff....

If you are implying I cross trained so I could reap the rewards of their sub cap vessels.... then your absolutely right.
Arctur Vallfar
Knights Adamant
#10 - 2011-12-21 20:03:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Arctur Vallfar
If the Minmatar are not quite skilled in capital ship design, then why wouldn't their Gallente buddies help compensate for that? The Minmatar capital ships don't have to be unquestionably horrendous, nor do they have to be the best, but leveling out the playing field would be nice to see. If players are saying that they might as well remove Minmatar carriers altogether from the game, there's probably something wrong.

Or...

*Cough.* T2 Carriers? *Cough.*
Velicitia
XS Tech
#11 - 2011-12-21 20:41:29 UTC
OP -- I see your Naglfar, and counter you with a Phoenix.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#12 - 2011-12-21 21:03:04 UTC  |  Edited by: IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
It being

V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L

is actually quite beneficial, you can get more through a cyno before they start bumping,

edit- in response to the OP I think its actually ok at the moment, better than the phoenix at least. It also has the big advantage of capless guns meaning its much further down the neuting list and able to carry on dealing damage even after the bhaals are on it.
Tore Vest
#13 - 2011-12-21 21:12:03 UTC
All caps are broken now
They call that balance Bear

No troll.