These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Hello New Pilot looking for advice and possibly friends

Author
Forest Archer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2015-02-15 17:50:30 UTC
Take time to ask questions and find a play style that you are comfortable. Npq&a are always a good place to ask.

Always willing to help all you have to do is ask, though if you're in the other fleet I may not help the way you want. Just a heads up. Pub Channel: Lost Souls Trading Post

Goderic Stryte
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-02-17 23:08:08 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

Are you dumb or just don't want to see it?

This is just about the worst idea I've seen.

A. It would be biased as hell. And we all learned from the past that CCP + player organisations don't mix too well (if you are still clueless what I mean with this, you should do research before you post ideas like this).

B. Who would be in control on judging who is good for new players and who isn't. What would be the criteria to what is needed to be qualified as "Good corp"...

Specially, cause a PvP corp can be great for new players who want to PvP, but would suck for new players who want to go into industry.

Seriously, I could post like 5 or 6 complete posts about all kinds of reasons why your idea stucks, so will just make a tl-dr.

TL-DR:

No, CCP should NEVER list any player corp that would be good for new players to join, EVER.

haters gonna hate
William Ruben
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-02-18 02:04:26 UTC
Goderic Stryte wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

Are you dumb or just don't want to see it?

This is just about the worst idea I've seen.

A. It would be biased as hell. And we all learned from the past that CCP + player organisations don't mix too well (if you are still clueless what I mean with this, you should do research before you post ideas like this).

B. Who would be in control on judging who is good for new players and who isn't. What would be the criteria to what is needed to be qualified as "Good corp"...

Specially, cause a PvP corp can be great for new players who want to PvP, but would suck for new players who want to go into industry.

Seriously, I could post like 5 or 6 complete posts about all kinds of reasons why your idea stucks, so will just make a tl-dr.

TL-DR:

No, CCP should NEVER list any player corp that would be good for new players to join, EVER.

haters gonna hate

Hey great post thanks for your contribution!
Vol Arm'OOO
Central Co-Prosperity Union
#24 - 2015-02-18 20:58:25 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
[blunt statement]
Most people mine because it's non-effort, doesn't require brain cells, because they're bad at maths and because it stays within their comfort zone
[/blunt statement]

[statement]
Some people mine because they truly enjoy it and want to do the whole process of gathering, production and selling. Others have a lot of semi-afk play time that suits mining, if only as a secondary career. And yet others do it because it scales so well with multiple accounts
[/statement]

Both are true.

If you mine because you really truly enjoy it or because you have a lot of semi-afk play time then it makes good sense. If you don't REALLY enjoy mining then there's no reason to do it. If you need minerals for your production you're better off doing something that you do enjoy (which quite possibly will also pay a lot more per hour) and then buy the minerals you need.

It's a game, why do the equivalent of a cubicle job? There's lots of things to do, why choose mining (unless, as stated above, you really REALLY like it).

For me, mining is a zen like activity that is perfect for a second semi-afk toon. And yes, I know that mining afk is bad - but if you take reasonable precautions, then there is no reason to babysit a mining toon every second it is out there.

I don't play, I just fourm warrior.

Previous page12