These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

T2 Logistics Frigate Idea (eg; navitas)

Author
Nina Lowel
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2015-02-14 02:46:06 UTC
Since these ships don't have T2 variants how about making the T2 version into a cov ops cloaking mini logistics that can take covert jump portals to jump in with those ship types?

What do you guys think?
Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#2 - 2015-02-14 02:55:52 UTC
Standard questions I have regarding all new ship ideas.

Why?

What role does it fill?

Is there no way to fill that role with existing ships?
Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-02-14 03:14:11 UTC
While I agree with a T2 frig logi I don't entirely know about giving them cov ops abilities. Most situations where cov ops need reps they're heavy reps which is already covered by the nestor or sin in some kind of tinker setup.

The need is there for a specialized frig logi especially in organized FW combat for two reasons. One it gives players a logical progression towards T2 logi and two it aims it firmly at newer players not just by being a frigate but by being in FW which is a great place for new pilots to start playing. Also with the numerous small plexes it could lead to more interesting combat among organized groups.

Plus while I don't necessarily like the cov ops idea I do like giving them an extra sorta niche for them to fit into so they have wider applications. Unfortunately I just don't think it's in cov ops.
Nina Lowel
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2015-02-14 03:30:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Nina Lowel
Quote:
What role does it fill?

RR to jump in with cov portal

Quote:

small bonused rr's that can jump with cov ops, no ships currently like that
Discomanco
We pooped on your lawn
#5 - 2015-02-14 03:52:10 UTC
And then we hit the same issue as we always do with suggestion of T2 logi frigates.
What to do for Amarr?
Inquisitor (amarr logi frigate) already has a T2 variant, which is the Purifier
Nina Lowel
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2015-02-14 03:58:34 UTC
Discomanco wrote:
And then we hit the same issue as we always do with suggestion of T2 logi frigates.
What to do for Amarr?
Inquisitor (amarr logi frigate) already has a T2 variant, which is the Purifier

Make it off the tormentor haul?
To mare
Advanced Technology
#7 - 2015-02-14 04:02:27 UTC
take cov-ops cloak and logistic, two of the most OP things in the game and put them together, what could possibly go wrong?
Linkxsc162534
Silent Scourge
#8 - 2015-02-14 04:11:16 UTC
Yeah OP cloaky logi hull that can be alphaed down by flying too close to it. totally op in my book.
Nina Lowel
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2015-02-14 04:19:49 UTC
To mare wrote:
take cov-ops cloak and logistic, two of the most OP things in the game and put them together, what could possibly go wrong?

A frig with only bonuses to small RR but can fit a cov ops cloak OP? Hmm.

The idea is to have a ship that can jump in with other cov ops that has dedicated RR bonuses fitting a max of 3 small RR modules + 1 cov ops cloak.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#10 - 2015-02-14 06:20:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Nina Lowel wrote:

Quote:

small bonused rr's that can jump with cov ops, no ships currently like that

To mare wrote:

you mean a T3...

and the only reason T3s are not overpowered in this role is do to the limited capacitor and no range bonuses

Lyra Gerie wrote:
While I agree with a T2 frig logi I don't entirely know about giving them cov ops abilities. Most situations where cov ops need reps they're heavy reps which is already covered by the nestor or sin in some kind of tinker setup.

a nestor is not a part of a black ops gang since it can't jump(unless you are using a nestor to cyno?What?)

and the only time a sin does logi is when someone decided to train the sin and now has no use for his highs if you are going to use a dedicated logi in a blops fleet it is normaly a T3 or if you are cheap a pilgrim
Lienzo
Amanuensis
#11 - 2015-02-14 07:41:45 UTC
The only problem with logi frigs is their diminutive drone bays and the silly Drone V pre-req for logi drones. Light Shield Maintenance Bot I is so OP. Roll Only the burst and the navitas needs a drone bonus, while the inquisitor and the bantam could get an RR RoF bonus or something.

People might actually fly them if they have a chance of getting on KMs.

Another thing that no ship has is a remote targeting computer, remote ECCM or remote sensor booster bonus. A module that gave resistance to webs or shrank the sig of a target would be quite interesting for heavy tackle support.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#12 - 2015-02-14 09:02:45 UTC
Closest equivalent thing is a RR t3 type thing with a cloaky... And you see SOO MANY OF THOSE it must be hard OP... (and those things can rep LIKE A TRUCK)

I see few big issues with these things...
Nina Lowel
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2015-02-15 23:28:59 UTC
FireFrenzy wrote:
Closest equivalent thing is a RR t3 type thing with a cloaky... And you see SOO MANY OF THOSE it must be hard OP... (and those things can rep LIKE A TRUCK)

I see few big issues with these things...

Like?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#14 - 2015-02-16 00:50:36 UTC
Lienzo wrote:
The only problem with logi frigs is their diminutive drone bays and the silly Drone V pre-req for logi drones. Light Shield Maintenance Bot I is so OP. Roll Only the burst and the navitas needs a drone bonus, while the inquisitor and the bantam could get an RR RoF bonus or something.

People might actually fly them if they have a chance of getting on KMs.

Another thing that no ship has is a remote targeting computer, remote ECCM or remote sensor booster bonus. A module that gave resistance to webs or shrank the sig of a target would be quite interesting for heavy tackle support.

Remote ECCM bonus would be great the fact that they are already 120% meaning using two already makes cruisers and T2s almost impossible to jam but they struggle to help frigs so giving a support frig a bonus to this would fit.

IDK about the mod that reduces the effectiveness i'll think on this one a bit and see if i can break it
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2015-02-16 01:10:06 UTC
Tell me please what are your going to RR with such a small ship?

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#16 - 2015-02-16 03:53:41 UTC
I don't see a need for this.

- the step up from Tech 1 Logi Frigates are Tech 1 Logi Cruisers. Tech 2 Logi Cruisers are actually battleship level reppers.

- covert-ops gangs needing RR? I don't buy it.
Such ships are basically designed to "shut down" the target and gank it, not get sucked into a protracted brawl. If you find yourself brawling in a Stealth Bomber, then you have done something VERY wrong.

- Frigates = highly mobile and cheap ship
Tech 2 logi = able to rep two classes above itself
Covert Cloaking Capable = able to pick and choose engagements
All of the above rolled into one? Overpowered.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#17 - 2015-02-16 04:49:00 UTC
Ines Tegator wrote:
Standard questions I have regarding all new ship ideas.

Why?

What role does it fill?

I don't agree with the OP's idea. However, I would love to see faster (or low sig high agility), higher resistance variants of the current T1 Logistic ships. They would go very well with Assault Frigate fleets.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#18 - 2015-02-16 04:50:22 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Tell me please what are your going to RR with such a small ship?

I repped some of my friends in two Bantams for 40k damage against an enemy fleet. Do not underestimate the power of logistics in given situations. Lower level Variants of of T2 Logi would be welcome - especially in Faction Warfare. However; the OP's idea is silly and is just "Put a covert ops cloak on it because its cool".
Jenshae Chiroptera
#19 - 2015-02-16 06:19:21 UTC
Hot dropping is "kill or be killed" situation. It is over powered enough with AFK cloakers.

Now, a T2 frigate that can manage 2x medium repairs, a decent resist tank and maybe the drone bay for sentry + light + bandwidth to run just the one sentry ... that would be delicious. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Ix Method
Doomheim
#20 - 2015-02-16 09:08:12 UTC
Something like this, a unique trait rather than a buff to rep power, is definitely the way to go with these things but I'm not sure cloaky hotdropping needs what would be a pretty solid buff?

Dunno, would rather see it covering some of the unbonused logistics mods tbh, Remote ECCM and the like.

Travelling at the speed of love.

12Next page