These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What happened?

First post
Author
Incindir Mauser
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2015-01-28 21:56:03 UTC
CivilWars wrote:
Incindir Mauser wrote:
CivilWars wrote:
I remember when this section of the forums was filled with call outs, AARs, and trash talking. Now it seems almost every post is about some carebear activity. Where has all the PVP gone in w-space?

PvP moved to C4's and lower. Plenty to shoot at and the locals typically aren't so hung up on themselves to smugpost on the forums.

QT quit eve and he was resident trollking of WH forums. Twas a sad day indeed. I miss the Bag O Dicks references...

I love smugposts. I love them when I win, and I love them when my enemy posts them after I lose. For me it has nothing to do with being hung up on myself. It has to do with if a tree falls in the woods with nobody around does it make a sound? In w-space there is no sov to fight over, no money moons to claim, and really the only thing of "value" is the bragging rights. Without that what's the point?

If only we could get a quantifiable metric for smuggery.

Bag O'Dicks eaten per second? Douches canoe-ed per minute? Smug per hour? SPH, that's handy.

I blame the ISD's for ruining our fun. Definitely less smug per hour to be had, I think I'll move to lowsec. I hear it's pretty easy to get really smug out there. Not as good as smugging in nullsec, but pretty close. Wspace used to be the best place to fill your trunk with smug, but since Oldnewhub was burned to the ground I lost all my stuff. I'm a broke C4 shirtlord and because the income out here is so awful I can't afford to buy a new Orca to move the 100,000m3 worth of Sansha Smugcicles into NewNewHub to feed my High Horse.
Billy Hardcore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#42 - 2015-01-28 22:06:48 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
ROLO moved to NS, WH forum became civilized. WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT!!!

i dont like this new avatar......its not very Jack Miton

#BillyFleet

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#43 - 2015-01-28 22:22:46 UTC
Billy Hardcore wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
ROLO moved to NS, WH forum became civilized. WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT!!!

i dont like this new avatar......its not very Jack Miton

Jack Miton is an attitude, it's a lifestyle. It's not just a portrait.

You couldn't handle Jack Miton.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#44 - 2015-01-29 02:45:33 UTC
I apologise for being so busy with the IRL's that i can't troll properly. There's also so few people to troll because I can't speak Russian and us Aussies mostly meet our hirsute Russian brethren in -C5 space
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#45 - 2015-02-10 22:57:49 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post.

The Rules:
11. Discussion of warnings and bans is prohibited.

Such matters shall remain private between CCP and the involved user. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through email or private messaging. CCP respect the right of our players to privacy and as such you are not permitted to publicize private correspondence (including support ticket responses and emails) received from any member of CCP staff.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
#46 - 2015-02-11 02:58:06 UTC
So, we cannot mention He Who Shall Not Be Namedthorp.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#47 - 2015-02-11 04:24:13 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
So, we cannot mention He Who Shall Not Be Namedthorp.

The fun loving bear that all the children love? The one who lives in The Hundred Acre Wood with Christopher Robin? Friend of Piglet and Tigger and Eeyore? Lover of honey? The one, the only Winnie the Tho ... Pooh?

I'm right behind you

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
#48 - 2015-02-11 05:35:05 UTC
Fnord
Pissfat
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#49 - 2015-02-11 05:39:51 UTC
I was just having a coffee and decided to have some cake also.

I am Winthorp you might remember me from such films as i got CCP to make signature ID's persistent through DT for their love of AU bros.

Edward Harris
Inner Geek
#50 - 2015-02-12 23:25:29 UTC
Hey guys, I also cant read killboards - anything going on in eve?
Mcpate
Unknown Means Unknown Consequenses
#51 - 2015-02-13 16:58:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mcpate
Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#52 - 2015-02-13 19:33:31 UTC
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#53 - 2015-02-13 19:50:39 UTC
As a solo player who does about 50/50 pvp/pve in lower class space these days I have recently seen quite a few former members of the current or former big wspace players flying in smaller groups now. And where before as solo player I had to explore 30 wh systems to find one with actives, it is now more like 1 in 5.

In short, the action is again in the really small-scale business, and those kind of corps are not interested in maintaining a high profile by forum-bragging.

Bleedingthrough
#54 - 2015-02-13 19:54:56 UTC
We got more action than ever (or we get better at finding targets) ... low class WHs this is.
Tyrant Scorn
#55 - 2015-02-14 15:47:24 UTC
So lets see who is represented in this topic:

Un.Bound
Isogen 5
Adhocracy Incorporated
Rolled Out
Hard Knocks
Low-Class
Sleeper Social Club
Lazerhawks
No Holes Barred

HMMMMZ, you be the judge but I see a patern...

OF all these corps/alliances there is only 1 corporation I personally run into frequently and that's Isogen 5, big props to those guys btw, love what they do, miss Bronya btw... But they are actually playing the ingame thingies... Almost shot Erica Dusette in the face but my kid needed a diaper change so I had to delay my sneak attack... when I got back, she was gone... DAMN YOU Big smile

So can we assume that the other corps/alliances are mostly playign the meta-game ?

Civil wormhole forums are nicer anyways, more room for healthy discussions, less bag o' dicks, even though dicks are nice, it does tend to get a bit old after like, the second time it's being posted, dont you think ?

One other corporation that I run into like every fricking day is Wingspan...

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2015-02-14 15:56:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Axloth Okiah
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
So can we assume that the other corps/alliances are mostly playign the meta-game ?

Ever considered checking the killboards? That should be slightly more informative than who you personally run into.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#57 - 2015-02-14 17:40:44 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
Almost shot Erica Dusette in the face but my kid needed a diaper change so I had to delay my sneak attack... when I got back, she was gone... DAMN YOU Big smile

Why do people always want to launch stuff at my face?

Anyway that's gold. Was I asleep, afk on a hole or something? It's not always easy keeping up with the American TZ being one of only two Aussies in the corp.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#58 - 2015-02-14 17:45:12 UTC
Tyrant Scorn wrote:
So lets see who is represented in this topic:

Un.Bound
Isogen 5
Adhocracy Incorporated
Rolled Out
Hard Knocks
Low-Class
Sleeper Social Club
Lazerhawks
No Holes Barred

excuse me I don't see Native Dankfood on that list

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Tyrant Scorn
#59 - 2015-02-14 17:49:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyrant Scorn
Axloth Okiah wrote:
Tyrant Scorn wrote:

Ever considered checking the killboards? That should be slightly more informative than who you personally run into.

Sooooo defensive... And we were just talking about this place turning civil Big smile

Andrew Jester wrote:

excuse me I don't see Native Dankfood on that list

It's part of Minmatar... Nuff said P
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#60 - 2015-02-14 18:09:08 UTC
Minmatar Republic is the premier pvp alliance thank you very much

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy