These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

The Bhaalgorn

Author
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#21 - 2015-02-12 14:07:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Sexy Cakes
ChromeStriker wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Gigantic bloody tampon.

Ship only shines with a full set of talismans.

Meh.

ahh your a 2bill or bust kinda person lol

Why is it so bad otherwise?

Neuting ships are primary targets. Pirate BS are primary targets.

Neuting pirate BS are the most primary target in the game.

Neuting out triage is about the only reason to risk losing a bhaalgorn and it needs cap fed to it from a carrier and a pilot with serious cycle reduction to do that in any decent time frame.

The bhaalgorn is literally the hard counter to a triage carrier (assuming you can field your own triage to feed it cap and keep it alive). Only problem is people don't fly triage except to rep POS's, all the groups are so big and full of cap pilots now they just bring slowcats. At the end of the day with the Armageddon being changed up to be a mini-Bhaalgorn there's really no need to ever bring a Bhaalgorn unless you want the enemy fleet to say 'One time we killed a Bhaalgorn'.

I can see a Bhaalgorn doing decent against Ishtar's and Tengu's with lasers but all the logi in those fleets are cruisers and ain't no battleship gonna neut out cruiser logi (won't ever catch them) so why not just bring an Apoc which is better with lasers than a Bhaal for 1/4 the cost.

Not today spaghetti.

Stil Harkonnen
Frontier Excavation Combine
Ministry of Frontier Proselytization
#22 - 2015-02-12 14:52:42 UTC
I understand neuting pirate battleships get primaried all the time....but that's only because the bonuses on the damn thing make it so strong!

My question is: why does the Bhaalgorn's bonuses out class all the other pirate battleships?

Machariel: yes it gets a role bonus making it quick, but other than that it just gets an ok damage bonus. Meh.

Barghest: is ok. gets an ewar bonus, an interesting role bonus, but is pretty shafted on the damage bonus.

Rattlesnake: pretty good. Nice defensive bonus with some mean damage.

Vindicator: Also ok. Mean damage (but this is partly due to hybrids in general, not necessarily the role bonus), and a nice ewar bonus that is arguably close to the Bhaalgorn.

And then we have the Bhaalgorn...

Two different ewar bonuses that are insanely good (Web range on a BS, yes please), and then holy **** the neuts/nos get double bonused!! Able to take several ships out of a fight with just one of its bonused ewar. And then it gets a freaking huge damage role bonus that let's it fit all the ewar without sacrificing dps.

I know the other pirate battleships do decent in their roles, and can do well in the right situations, but the Bhaalgorn's bonuses just put it at least a notch or two above the rest. It can still do damage while also bring incredible amount of force multipliers (ewar) that no other faction can get close to.

Why? Is there something I'm not understanding?
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#23 - 2015-02-12 18:38:27 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Stil Harkonnen wrote:
Two different ewar bonuses that are insanely good (Web range on a BS, yes please), and then holy **** the neuts/nos get double bonused!! Able to take several ships out of a fight with just one of its bonused ewar. And then it gets a freaking huge damage role bonus that let's it fit all the ewar without sacrificing dps.

... (snip)...

Why? Is there something I'm not understanding?

Something that should be pointed out...

That damage role bonus merely increases the effective turrets on the Bhaalgorn to 8... allowing the ship to fit neuts AND damage but without actually adding any more damage.
Basically... it has the same "number" of turrets as an Abaddon... but no damage bonus.

Tech 1 battleships can often out-dps this thing. Hell... a gank-fit Vexor can EASILY out-dps a Bhaal (by a fairly good margin too).

In a full tank setup (and you should be using a full tank setup with this ship)... the damage a Bhaalgorn can pump out is fairly anemic for a battleship. Less than 700 dps.
That is this ship's primary weakness. It can disable multiple ships via Ewar... but it has difficulty killing anything by itself (even under favorable conditions).
Phig Neutron
Starbreaker and Sons
#24 - 2015-02-12 19:32:26 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
That damage role bonus merely increases the effective turrets on the Bhaalgorn to 8... allowing the ship to fit neuts AND damage but without actually adding any more damage.
Basically... it has the same "number" of turrets as an Abaddon... but no damage bonus.

Tech 1 battleships can often out-dps this thing. Hell... a gank-fit Vexor can EASILY out-dps a Bhaal (by a fairly good margin too).

In a full tank setup (and you should be using a full tank setup with this ship)... the damage a Bhaalgorn can pump out is fairly anemic for a battleship. Less than 700 dps.

OK, I'll bite. How is the damage bonus not a damage bonus, if it allows you to fit three other devastating high-slot weapons in addition to a full rack of megapulse lasers? I'll remind you that the T1 Armageddon only fits five lasers and you often have to go down to the dual-heavypulse to make it fit with a tank.

I have a T1 'Geddon setup that gets 806 DPS with navy multifrequency and five ogres, and carries two neuts (total drain -1200), with 120k effective HP. With its only four ogres, the following Bhaalgorn gets 955 DPS, has three heavy neuts (total drain -3150), dual webs at 20km range, and has 130k EHP. This is all with T1 and T2 gear:

[Bhaalgorn, pvp]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Disruptor II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

Mega Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Ogre II x4
Hobgoblin II x5

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#25 - 2015-02-13 04:17:22 UTC
Had a chat with CCP Rise on the pub crawl about the Bhaalgorn. What I remember him saying was that it was the second least used ship in game. I think I remember us agreeing that it has a pretty cool and unique role though.

Every time I've seen the bhaal used it completely ignored the guns and fit all neuts. That said with curses not showing up on dscan, and the geddon neut range bonus, I'm not quite sure just how often most people will really want to pull the bhaal out. Also note the current low price of a Bhaal. for a long time I feel like it was one of the pirate BS that was worth a lot, although also in limited supply, thanks to the role, and people's willingness to pay for that. Between the exploration changes and the stagnation of nullsec it seems that the farmers have been doing a good job of increasing the supply of more or less all faction/complex loot. So it isn't too surprising to me to see the Bhaalgorn's price where it is now. A consequence of that "cool and unique" role.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2015-02-13 08:20:44 UTC  |  Edited by: ChromeStriker
This is what i mean (albeit in a somewhat round about way Roll)... The Bhaalgorn IS strong, everyone seems to know it... but even if its price has dropped no one is willing to risk one.

There are alternatives if you want neuts in a fleet, most battleships have a utility high slot, and you can throw 2 or 3 Geddons for the price of a Bhaal (assuming minimal pimpage).

Its just sad that such an awesome ship is restricted to the side-lines.

... I just dont see how it can be fixed. It already has a huge tank, Web bonus, and neut bonus... all amazing. But what else can you do?
Adding damage would make it OP as hell, Speed would i think also be too good, overpowering its other bonuses... anything else would just be tweaks but never enough to change its useage...

Maybe nerf all other neuting to really make the Bhaal king again lol

No Worries

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-02-13 08:55:50 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:
This is what i mean (albeit in a somewhat round about way Roll)... The Bhaalgorn IS strong, everyone seems to know it... but even if its price has dropped no one is willing to risk one.

There are alternatives if you want neuts in a fleet, most battleships have a utility high slot, and you can throw 2 or 3 Geddons for the price of a Bhaal (assuming minimal pimpage).

Its just sad that such an awesome ship is restricted to the side-lines.

... I just dont see how it can be fixed. It already has a huge tank, Web bonus, and neut bonus... all amazing. But what else can you do?
Adding damage would make it OP as hell, Speed would i think also be too good, overpowering its other bonuses... anything else would just be tweaks but never enough to change its useage...

Maybe nerf all other neuting to really make the Bhaal king again lol

Nerf Geddons!

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#28 - 2015-02-13 11:13:32 UTC
People just need to learn to use the bhaalgorn properly and it easily roflstomps ishtars or tengus tbh, fit a nice rack of t2 weapons a feasable tank and web and neut **** all day everyday......

But serious, with the Nos being the old nos on the bhaalgorn you can easily fit 1x Heavy neut 2x heavy nos a full rack of t2 guns and a faction tank and only need 1 cap booster therefor giving you the option of fitting mwd point 2x web giving you that edge over kiters (speaking from experience)

In groups yeah, the curse and geddon is king due to range and no dscan **** but bhaalgorn solo really does work in pvp...
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2015-02-13 12:16:35 UTC  |  Edited by: ChromeStriker
SkyFlyer wrote:
People just need to learn to use the bhaalgorn properly and it easily roflstomps ishtars or tengus tbh, fit a nice rack of t2 weapons a feasable tank and web and neut **** all day everyday......

But serious, with the Nos being the old nos on the bhaalgorn you can easily fit 1x Heavy neut 2x heavy nos a full rack of t2 guns and a faction tank and only need 1 cap booster therefor giving you the option of fitting mwd point 2x web giving you that edge over kiters (speaking from experience)

In groups yeah, the curse and geddon is king due to range and no dscan **** but bhaalgorn solo really does work in pvp...

Well theres a slight problem... lets be honest, how often do you see a solo PvP battleship Roll
Maybe a T1 or a Mach... but even thats rare... Solo Pvp Bhaal's are like unicorn eggs

No Worries

SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#30 - 2015-02-13 17:33:59 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:
SkyFlyer wrote:

Well theres a slight problem... lets be honest, how often do you see a solo PvP battleship Roll
Maybe a T1 or a Mach... but even thats rare... Solo Pvp Bhaal's are like unicorn eggs

You clearly don't watch my videos ;)
Lew Dicrous
4th Line
#31 - 2015-02-14 15:31:26 UTC
Well let's be fair SkyFlyer, not alot of folks would even try doing what you do solo. I saw the Nestor in Vecamia last week and the trail of dead behind it. Why do people even shoot at you again?

It burns when I PVP

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#32 - 2015-02-15 00:01:57 UTC
Ares Desideratus wrote:
I don't understand why the Bhaalgorn is an Armageddon hull. It's not that I don't like the Armageddon hull, it's just that the Cruor and the Ashimmu both have unique hulls, and I think it would be cool if the Bhaalgorn also had a unique hull.

Same with the Vigilant, Vindicator, Worm, Gila, and Rattlesnake.

Way too many people would ***** to high heaven if art considered changing them now. Look at how people have treated all the other remodels, they whine for the "ishkur's lance", crow and raptor are "too symmetrical", the old moa "was ugly as sin but we liked it that way", etc.

Hell, even I'm just as guilty; when they redid the Golem, I had a hissy fit about the hammerhead look even though without a doubt it looks pretty bad ass (I still feel like the wings need to be redone, though).

Art is doing a fine job with the ships' visual overhauls, but they maybe concerned people would raise too much a stink about "old traditional" is better than "new and improved".

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Orla- King-Griffin
#33 - 2015-02-15 02:44:35 UTC
Lew Dicrous wrote:
Well let's be fair SkyFlyer, not alot of folks would even try doing what you do solo. I saw the Nestor in Vecamia last week and the trail of dead behind it. Why do people even shoot at you again?

that awkward moment when you forget who your main is Blink.

Ah shite...

Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#34 - 2015-02-15 17:19:06 UTC
Lew Dicrous wrote:

Your name made me chuckle

Skyflyer 4 lyfe

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#35 - 2015-02-15 20:13:08 UTC
SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#36 - 2015-02-16 09:23:42 UTC
Lew Dicrous wrote:

Because they may win when they shoot at me which in all fairness i dont mind aslong as they dont bring 100 logis/geddons!

But back to subject, yeah i think the bhaalgorn is a viable ship right now as it has the Old nos mechanics making it just perfect to **** those ishtars up hard (corpus x type Nos = 42kms) + fed navy or domination webs , have plenty of range to defend yourself vs nanoers, now on the other side sure you can claim not everyone has the isk to use it but blah blah learn to make money (easiest thing in game)

Sure you can also argue yeh its hard to solo but my answer to that is also blah learn to play or contact me if you want a list of places that are soloable <3
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-02-16 14:03:23 UTC
Just used my Bhaal yesterday. If you want to see all the pimp ships fight in a small gang setting, try worm hole space.

The fight yesterday saw 3 dreads go down along with a bhaal, vindicator, nestor and multiple shiny T3's
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#38 - 2015-02-16 14:13:06 UTC
SkyFlyer wrote:
Lew Dicrous wrote:

Because they may win when they shoot at me which in all fairness i dont mind aslong as they dont bring 100 logis/geddons!

But back to subject, yeah i think the bhaalgorn is a viable ship right now as it has the Old nos mechanics making it just perfect to **** those ishtars up hard (corpus x type Nos = 42kms) + fed navy or domination webs , have plenty of range to defend yourself vs nanoers, now on the other side sure you can claim not everyone has the isk to use it but blah blah learn to make money (easiest thing in game)

Sure you can also argue yeh its hard to solo but my answer to that is also blah learn to play or contact me if you want a list of places that are soloable <3

actually, their fairly cheap for what they offer.

hmm, i may have to buy another one

Wander Prian
Nosferatu Security Foundation
#39 - 2015-02-16 16:01:50 UTC
As it's been said before, us wormholers use Bhaalgorns extensively. It is one of the best ways to make a triage archon's job alot harder. It is also a great ship for a smaller corp who don't have the manpower to field 5+ neuting legions and you just need more power than the Armageddon can bring.

Since the Bhaalgorn was rebalanced, I have been running 5 neuts and 2 NOS. It is perfectly possible to keep the thing going full power with one heavy cap booster and the 2 NOS, if you have a capital to NOS from.

The issue with Bhaalgorns in K-space (That's Known-space for you non-wormholers) is that as a battleship, it is big and slow. It is easy prey for the fast escalations that may happen, not to mention the capitals. Instead of wasting a 1 bill on a bhaalgorn, you can just bring a geddon and do almost the same thing.

It is one of my favourite ships to fly and fight in. You just need to know when to bring the demon out to play.

Wormholer for life.

Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2015-02-16 18:53:29 UTC
The Bhaalgorn is a very strong ship, but it has a niche role. Unless you absolutely need to get as much neuting as possible out of a single hull and cost is not an issue, there are better options. For larger fleets, the Armageddon is not only cheaper, but also often better, because against the popular HAC/T3 doctrines they are most effective against the primary difficulty is getting them in neut range in the first place; it doesn't take many heavy neuts to screw over a cruiser sized hull, with or without bonuses.

The Bhaalgorn's web range and damage potentials are not that generally useful, because if you're in a situation where you are fielding a Bhaalgorn you probably have it fitted out for maximum cap murdering and you probably also have a dedicated web boat better suited for that role.

It makes a terrifying solo boat in theory if you overlook the fact that you would have to be suffering from a significant mental impairment to try to 1v1 a ******* Bhaalgorn.
Previous page123Next page