These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PI Annoyances

Author
Jask Avan
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-12-18 10:53:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Jask Avan
Industrialist here, just redid my PI setup. In lieu of a revamp, can we at least get some improvements?

1. Info. Seriously, WTF? It's like pulling teeth.
  2. Came back from Tyrannis to command centers at my max skill, but I need more grid with the new system. How much will I get if I upgrade? Well I don't know, the command center doesn't have it in attributes nor does it appear on the upgrade window without an upgrade available.
    Let me know when something it producing/extracting and the product isn't routed. Routing was real convoluted when I revamped my old network, at least until I accidentally clicked a link and discovered it was upgradeable.
    Why does a planet's info page link to nothing useful?
    Etc, etc.

3. Resource distribution. Is it just me, or does every planet of a type in at least a region have nearly identical amounts of resources? Even in low, I find laughable amounts of some resources, while even 1.0 has massive amounts of another.

4. Extractor controls. These use a ton of grid. Give me one with less control area and less available extractor nodes for less PG.

5. Taxes. Why don't my tax decreasing skills affect these taxes?

6. Setting up. (AKA Running PI is fine now, setting it up is still a PITA.) I want to check if my preliminary location of my extractor control covers both really good deposits and large deposits for those long cycles when I'm out of town. Nope, gotta pay for it first to see how big the extractor node circles get.
  7. Stop.
    Making.
    Me.
    Submit.
    Every.
    Single.
    Change.
    Before.
    The.
    Next.
    Step.

• Bonus! Why can't I set a destination from a solar system info page? (Such as a system with no stations.)
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#2 - 2011-12-18 11:49:56 UTC
It's a good thing to say it aloud, decreases aggressions. However nothing will change. CCP delivers a feature, removes the critical bugs after release in the following two weeks. And then the feature is left alone and marked as perfect. Maybe they come back after half a year and nerf it. This is no excellence, it's just creating more construction sites people will complain about.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Jask Avan
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-12-21 08:10:00 UTC
Ninja'd more annoyance in.
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#4 - 2011-12-21 08:12:24 UTC
Don't extract, manufacture.

Suddenly all problems vanish.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#5 - 2011-12-21 08:19:47 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:

Or just leave PI alone.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#6 - 2011-12-21 08:22:29 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Crumplecorn wrote:

Or just leave PI alone.

Or just leave EVE alone.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#7 - 2011-12-21 08:33:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ciar Meara
I'd say go for the revamp.

CCP said they'd focus on iterating stuff, well the revamp on the ideas and suggestion forum is quite the frazzing iteration!

This together with the dead horse proposal would actually appeal to me. And I hate industry.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]