These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

The Bhaalgorn

Author
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-02-10 15:13:23 UTC
All,

We have all heard stories of the child eating demon ship. It still causes a cold sweat in capital ship pilots across known and unknown space, and wonderfully confuses station game players when their neutral logistics suddenly stop... "not helping"...
The Bloodraider Bhaalgorn. Master of its craft, a terror of the space lanes and only mentioned in hushed voices.

...but our world has changed... few are the times now you hear of this once dreaded but now apparently forgotten ship.

The ‘big’ fleets seemingly overlook it for "moar dps" or "needs moar logi". When the size and grandeur of these combats number in hundreds or thousands... there is no place for such a noble and maleficent ship.
Alpha and numbers are key. If you can’t count your hitpoints in the millions, logistics will all but pass you by. Which of course pushes the Bhaalgorn into obscurity, too unique for its own survivability when even having your name begin with the letter 'A' can all but seal your annihilation.

When the numbers drop, the Bhaalgorns Power climbs. It appears to make space smaller when it lands on the field of battle. Boasting powerful weapons, immense survivability, and of course its signature unrivalled ability to completely lock down a target and drain them into useless floating husks.
However this has almost become legend, restricted to unique, fleeting moments only heard of in passing and never really believed.
Its size, rarity, high requirement of skill to pilot, and... to a degree, its own grandeur, seems to have caused its use to wane.

The Bhaalgorn is a ship of fear. Fear to its enemies (with good reason), but also to those who use it…
When you pilot this inimitable ship you feel its power, the knowledge that even the mighty Titan pilots must respect your abilities. But this power is tainted, there are good reasons for its naming especially considering its roots. Even we capsuleers, shy away from its use. No one wants to be the Bhaalgorn pilot to cause its destruction, and this is more pronounced than nearly any other ship.
Capital ships are commonplace, other ships of the pirate factions can be seen in use all across the regions of space…
but the Bhaalgorn… it has reached such a profound level of obscurity that the fear of losing one can be as powerful as the fear of fighting against one.

And of those few that do fly these ships of fear, but have mastered their own… They control a force named after every vestige of the devil through antiquity… Twisted

No Worries

Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2015-02-10 15:28:34 UTC
What did I just read?
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2015-02-10 15:30:44 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
What did I just read?

TBH im not even sure what i wrote...

Umm...

People should use Bhaalgorn's more?

No Worries

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#4 - 2015-02-10 15:35:29 UTC
Gigantic bloody tampon.

Ship only shines with a full set of talismans.

Meh.

Not today spaghetti.

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-02-10 15:39:30 UTC
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Gigantic bloody tampon.

Ship only shines with a full set of talismans.

Meh.

ahh your a 2bill or bust kinda person lol

Why is it so bad otherwise?

No Worries

HoruSeth
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-02-10 15:47:17 UTC
Bhaalgorn has some niches in other fleets as well, which some just now begin to reveal.

But yes, it's niche ship only so far.

On my gravestone will be written: "Died because he used sarcasm in the wrong moment"

Belthazor4011
Battle BV Redux
#7 - 2015-02-10 17:15:09 UTC
Force mutiplier, every ship gets worse with no cap.

But it really shines with the new NOS bonus. Thats where it gets sick. Massive amounts of own cap while everyone else slowly runs dry.

Plus its soooo pretty Cool
Argent Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-02-10 18:03:18 UTC
I suspect it's most valued bonus isn't far enough above that of the Armageddon's to justify the difference in insured cost.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-02-10 18:51:39 UTC
bhaalgorns are almost essential in a wormhole cap fleet.
Enyalie
Sanguine Legion
#10 - 2015-02-11 01:52:53 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:
All,

We have all heard stories of the child eating demon ship. It still causes a cold sweat in capital ship pilots across known and unknown space, and wonderfully confuses station game players when their neutral logistics suddenly stop... "not helping"...
The Bloodraider Bhaalgorn. Master of its craft, a terror of the space lanes and only mentioned in hushed voices.

...but our world has changed... few are the times now you hear of this once dreaded but now apparently forgotten ship.

The ‘big’ fleets seemingly overlook it for "moar dps" or "needs moar logi". When the size and grandeur of these combats number in hundreds or thousands... there is no place for such a noble and maleficent ship.
Alpha and numbers are key. If you can’t count your hitpoints in the millions, logistics will all but pass you by. Which of course pushes the Bhaalgorn into obscurity, too unique for its own survivability when even having your name begin with the letter 'A' can all but seal your annihilation.

When the numbers drop, the Bhaalgorns Power climbs. It appears to make space smaller when it lands on the field of battle. Boasting powerful weapons, immense survivability, and of course its signature unrivalled ability to completely lock down a target and drain them into useless floating husks.
However this has almost become legend, restricted to unique, fleeting moments only heard of in passing and never really believed.
Its size, rarity, high requirement of skill to pilot, and... to a degree, its own grandeur, seems to have caused its use to wane.

The Bhaalgorn is a ship of fear. Fear to its enemies (with good reason), but also to those who use it…
When you pilot this inimitable ship you feel its power, the knowledge that even the mighty Titan pilots must respect your abilities. But this power is tainted, there are good reasons for its naming especially considering its roots. Even we capsuleers, shy away from its use. No one wants to be the Bhaalgorn pilot to cause its destruction, and this is more pronounced than nearly any other ship.
Capital ships are commonplace, other ships of the pirate factions can be seen in use all across the regions of space…
but the Bhaalgorn… it has reached such a profound level of obscurity that the fear of losing one can be as powerful as the fear of fighting against one.

And of those few that do fly these ships of fear, but have mastered their own… They control a force named after every vestige of the devil through antiquity… Twisted

Touched me somewhere I though had died in the Bleaklands in 08.

I'm going to bring it into service.
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#11 - 2015-02-11 04:36:24 UTC
Nano Bhaal is a thing you know

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2015-02-11 09:33:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiddle Jr
Current prices are amazing 440m, time go buy guys. Such amazing ship for such funny cost. I do remember when not that many could afford bhaal with t2 trimarks and full faction fit.

Still amazing and i do prey for a person who brought DB ships into this game.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#13 - 2015-02-11 11:53:21 UTC
Solo Bhaalgorn best bhaal...
Phig Neutron
Starbreaker and Sons
#14 - 2015-02-11 21:28:04 UTC
I've coveted that ship since 2008, but vowed I would never fly one until I found the blueprint and built it myself.

I should get into exploration or something. Maybe now it's time.
Jack Hayson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-02-11 22:55:38 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:
there is no place for such a noble and maleficent ship.

Wormholes mate... wormholes.
That place where people still fly things that aren't Ishtars or Tengus.

Bhaals are pure awesomeness here.
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#16 - 2015-02-11 23:03:25 UTC
I don't understand why the Bhaalgorn is an Armageddon hull. It's not that I don't like the Armageddon hull, it's just that the Cruor and the Ashimmu both have unique hulls, and I think it would be cool if the Bhaalgorn also had a unique hull.

Same with the Vigilant, Vindicator, Worm, Gila, and Rattlesnake.
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2015-02-12 01:31:35 UTC
Ares Desideratus wrote:
I don't understand why the Bhaalgorn is an Armageddon hull. It's not that I don't like the Armageddon hull, it's just that the Cruor and the Ashimmu both have unique hulls, and I think it would be cool if the Bhaalgorn also had a unique hull.

stay away from my gila.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#18 - 2015-02-12 01:48:47 UTC
Caleidascope wrote:
Ares Desideratus wrote:

stay away from my gila.

Scrub
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2015-02-12 08:53:18 UTC
Jack Hayson wrote:
ChromeStriker wrote:
there is no place for such a noble and maleficent ship.

Wormholes mate... wormholes.
That place where people still fly things that aren't Ishtars or Tengus.

Bhaals are pure awesomeness here.

Specific worm holes Blink I live in a C5 pulsar so get to do the rounds of wh's.... but im yet to see one used in anger.

... See plenty of ishtars and tengu's tho Cry

No Worries

Jack Hayson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2015-02-12 13:07:56 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:
Specific worm holes Blink I live in a C5 pulsar so get to do the rounds of wh's.... but im yet to see one used in anger.

... See plenty of ishtars and tengu's tho Cry

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why our main doctrine for pulsars is 2 Higgs BS and a Capital.
Pulsars are weird places...
123Next page