These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Problems with GTX 660

Author
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-02-11 00:32:39 UTC
The other day I was playing eve all fine and stuff. Then the computer shut off. no beeps, nothing. Tried turning it on, and nothing happened. So I went out and replaced the PSU as it was getting old. I go into start eve and it shuts down again. I have no idea what is going on with this. I did a memory check, cpu check, hardrive check. Yet for eve or even furmark it restarts or shuts down the computer. I fear the worst has happend. If it has just say it. I will stick my old 8800 GTX back in.
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-02-11 22:28:44 UTC
So replacing psu solved one problem. That is good.

Now run gpu-z and see what the gtx 660 is doing.

Also check win logs. See what they say about the crash.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-02-21 20:18:47 UTC  |  Edited by: nate555
Caleidascope wrote:
So replacing psu solved one problem. That is good.

Now run gpu-z and see what the gtx 660 is doing.

Also check win logs. See what they say about the crash.

After looking at the event logs it shows a kernel-power event 41 for each time I start test of say furmark. The GPU-z says this for the information
Stats

And the readout says this at idle
Readout

At crash the GPU-Z log shows this

GPU Core Clock [MHz]

GPU Memory Clock [MHz]

GPU Temperature [°C]

Fan Speed (%

Fan Speed (RPM)

Memory Used [MB]

GPU Load [%]

Memory Controller Load [%

Video Engine Load [%]

Bus Interface Load [%]

Power Consumption [% TDP]

PerfCap Reason [] , VDDC [V]
16 , 0.9120

I would also like to say I tested this card in a friends computer, and it ran very smooth.
Hrothgar Nilsson
#4 - 2015-02-22 01:49:09 UTC
I had a problem, I can't remember the exact details regarding the symptoms, but at first glance it seemed to be a graphics card problem. Graphics would fritz when playing EVE, and even the codes when BSODs occurred indicated a graphics issue.

On a close physical inspection of everything, I noticed bulging and leaking capacitors on my motherboard. Replaced it and I'm still using that same graphics card close to 2 years later. Bulging/leaking capacitors will not be an issue if your motherboard has solid state capacitors.
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-03-18 03:15:59 UTC
Hrothgar Nilsson wrote:
I had a problem, I can't remember the exact details regarding the symptoms, but at first glance it seemed to be a graphics card problem. Graphics would fritz when playing EVE, and even the codes when BSODs occurred indicated a graphics issue.

On a close physical inspection of everything, I noticed bulging and leaking capacitors on my motherboard. Replaced it and I'm still using that same graphics card close to 2 years later. Bulging/leaking capacitors will not be an issue if your motherboard has solid state capacitors.

I was able to find the problem. turns out the PSU was one of them cheap knockoff types. It's a PSU just not a true PSU