These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why don't more women play Eve Online?

First post
Author
Marsha Mallow
#221 - 2015-02-09 23:18:54 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Not strange; they are a social group, if you're part of the group you're an equal, if you're not part of the group you're treated like ****, male or female they don't care.

It is a bit strange to sit in a group huddle clutching each other whilst spewing bile at people you just made up a reason to hate in a spaceship game. If you build a small bonfire in your local park and huddle around it 24-7 ranting obsecenties at everyone who comes near, chances are, they'll attempt to kill you. I wouldn't join a group of football hooligans then just regurgitate everything they say to 'fit in' and I don't see why anyone else should. Unless they want to be branded a boot-licker, in which case, go ahead.

Quote:
If you automatically classify all your allies as "leg humpers" then perhaps that explains why you don't have any allies. Nobody has "natural allies", this is the internet and if a stranger helps you, there's generally something they want in return. Not sure why you're calling everyone who helps you derisive terms behind their backs.

You can't create allies in an alien population, even if they like your ankles. You seem to be mixing me up with someone who doesn't make these remarks directly to the people involved, when the comments you're quoting should disprove that. If you're going to handbag wave, don't be an amateur, that was pathetic.

Memphis Baas wrote:
"Trials and tribulations," omg, half an hour of blah blah blah. Do any males have this "trials and tribulations" view of the game? Carebears get killed repeatedly till they quit in frustration, never dramatized it as "trials and tribulations."

Males don't generally care if their manboobs and genital pics are splashed across the internet. They almost seem proud somebody noticed that they had them.

Memphis Baas wrote:
As far as Malcanis, he's (ex?) CSM, but did his agenda include "improve the game for women" specifically? Because if no, then you may want to get your own meaningful intervention rep who can do all the work for you, so you can then be entitled in cracking the whip like that.

I was talking to him, not you. Wind your neck in.

^ Also a helpful demonstration of why so few female players want to play EvE. We have to interract with people exactly like that, all the time. I don't start every convo with 'I know you're a ******* ****** cockmoney' - but you can be sure people like that end theirs with a 'YFB'.
And that summarises the intelligent level of discourse you'll get ingame, from actual players.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Celestia Via
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#222 - 2015-02-09 23:28:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Celestia Via
Reading through this thread from start to end, one cannot but notice a decline from what passed like a proper conversation to more blatant finger pointing and namecalling towards the end. Which according to my earlier posts, is typical male-group behavior and in my opinion the main reason women keep their distance.

although its flattering to women to be fought over, men usually tend to take it too far and make things personal, thus forgetting what it was they fought about in the first place. women react to this typical male behaviour with an audible "MEH" and exit the scene alone, or with the guy smart enough to abstain from all the pointless bickering.

Its not a mystery why women dont take well to eve, when we cannot help ourselves to mitigate the urge to pointlessly compete, even in this very thread.

"We marched for days and nights, under sun, in the rain. Our minds and bodies ached for rest, but in our hearts there was nothing but the fight."

Crevtran Sbatiol
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#223 - 2015-02-09 23:47:18 UTC
Maybe, just maybe, if you guys would stop with the "ALL MEN ARE PIGS BRUN THEM" and "FEMINISM IS EVIL", somebody could get something done.
if you point fingers at everyone and claim men in general, and their very nature are the problem, then I think you should seek help.

Alice: Geez, Bob, you taunted the Goons and now they want to kill you. Bob: Should I call the police? Alice: In game, Bob, kill you in game. Bob: Ah, so petition it and call the police?

Lupe Meza
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#224 - 2015-02-10 00:10:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Lupe Meza
Glathull wrote:
Lupe Meza wrote:

As far as this thread goes, why don't more women play eve? This thread.

Both you and Marsha have suggested that this thread is a problem. That there is something about the behavior in this thread that is conclusive evidence of . . . something.

What exactly is it?

I just re-read all 12 pages to see if there's something here that I skipped or am somehow missing.

What I see in this thread so far looks to me like the following:

a small amount of halfhearted trolling
a few people with obvious prejudices trying to sound reasonable but basically just sounding like idiots
a rather large number of people who are interested in having a grown-up discussion about the topic

What about this is a problem? Do you want to get rid of the trolls? Do you want to get rid of the people who are clearly uneducated and basically just think women are different/inferior? Or do you want to get rid of the people who actually want to have a rational discussion about this but whom you don't seem to like because some of us disagree with you?

If you are willing to agree with how I've characterized the responses to this thread, then you've got a problem with one of these groups of people. Which group is it that's causing the problem? And what specific remedy for this problem would make this thread okay?

Well take this response for instance? Is this a genuine inquiry? Or are these questions and premises designed just to frame me into a position that you will subsequently attack?

For example "Or do you want to get rid of the people who actually want to have a rational discussion about this but whom you don't seem to like because some of us disagree with you?". The wording is strange. Not one proposition I put forward for me to defend; I'm also told I don't "like" people that don't agree with me, and that some of "us". Liking (and moreso disliking) people takes energy. More energy than I'm willing to devote to someone I don't even know through general discussions posts. So on what point or points do I bring up that the "us'es" don't agreeing with me and cause me not to like them?

Anyone that has played any game with voice chat...EVER can agree that more often than not you will hear some pretty outrageous hateful stuff. Unless you actually ARE in fact playing Hello Kitty online.

Gaming is generally demonstrably hostile towards females in general just like many other facets of Nerd culture. When guys aren't hostile they run the risk of going too far in the other direction and just being desperate and creepy. EVE is hard but being in an environment where you may be treated unfairly based on things that have nothing to do with the game itself makes it just plain unattractive. Is this the point? Am I wrong about gaming and nerd culture's attitudes toward women?

Is it the point on there being fewer women gamers to begin with, making a woman that enjoys eve being a niche within a niche? Is this false? Is this the point of contention

Is it any of the other things I said that apparently? Or am I just being painted into a corner?

I said "this thread" because it is both difficult to have rational discussion when people aren't interested in one. How many people came to discuss the issue? How many came to vent the usual privilege denying and/or don't change my EVE rhetoric? Would a woman on the fence about diving into EVE look at this thread and some of the comments and in fact say, "This is what I want to do with MY freetime." You re-read the 12 pages. You tell me.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#225 - 2015-02-10 00:15:46 UTC
Lupe Meza wrote:

Gaming is generally demonstrably hostile towards females in general just like many other facets of Nerd culture.

I've noticed that it's mutual. I mean, besides my sainted mother and my wonderful wife, I have only rarely met a woman who doesn't actively deride most forms of male entertainment, from sports to games and everything in between.

But then, my mother is a librarian and I married a Cheesehead, so perhaps I'm just lucky.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#226 - 2015-02-10 00:22:26 UTC
You know what's really interesting about this thread? You can replace pretty much any instance of "women/females/girls/feminists" and related terms with "Christians/fundamentalists/evangelicals" etc. and get basically the same message.

"There are not that many Christians playing the game"
"Evangelicals don't play the game because people constantly say nasty things about them."
"The game would be better with more fundamentalists because that would mean more players and more money."

You can even find that the same sorts of things are offensive! Sexual topics, foul language, nasty stereotyping about their particular groups...

And what's even better? You can find that going on in most groups in EVE - almost any corporation you join will think nothing of jokes about priests and little kids or talk about how religious people are supposedly ignorant redneck neckbeards and so forth. Try using the f-word for gay people or nasty language about females in BRAVE for example and you'll (rightly) fall afoul of the "stay Classy" rule, but you can take all the drive-by shots you want at Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, and unless it's REALLY over the top no one will say a word. This isn't to pick on BRAVE, either, that's basically the norm.

But wait.. there's more! Unlike Christians who basically never get on comms and start preaching at anyone that I've ever heard of in any EVE environment... feminists and even more egalitarian females will happily do so at any opportunity. Often for no apparent reason at all, and in some cases RIGHT AFTER behaving in just the way they complain about people stereotyping them. I've heard the same female talk about granting sexual favors to people and how she would make out with an alliance CEO at a real-life meetup and then shortly thereafter rail at the males for "viewing women as sex objects".

Feminism is pretty clearly not science. It certainly does not attempt to describe reality against falsifiable hypothesis based on observation. Indeed, rather than subject it's theories to scientific scrutiny it attempts to subject science to feminist scrutiny. Hmmm.. not at all unlike the protestations of Creationists.

Oh, and last but not least we get the demands that other women adhere to certain sexual mores adopted by the morality police:

Quote:
Yup. Just as all men aren't all imbeciles, women aren't all slags. But there are a surprising number of women who play online games purely to exercise their 'wiles' in some sort of fantasy setting. Which does indeed make it harder for the rest of us, who actually don't want to engage in a convo with leg-humping-puppy-942 about why they can't get a girlfriend, which will inevitably result in.... 'so what are you wearing/can I have a pic' at some point. It's a bit embarassing when you point out you're old enough to be their mother and they start babbling on (and sound even more excited). I must admit, alcohol helps a lot during these conversations and I've probably shame-trolled a few boys out of game to level up the playing field for my ingame female friends who are harassed out.

Because remember folks, there's something wrong with women "using their wiles" if that's what they want to do, because some other woman said so. After all, it makes it "harder" and we can't have someone else's choices inconveniencing they morality police.

And just for the record, folks, I happen to BE a Christian, although not an evangelical, fundamentalist, nor creationist. It's funny how the more objectionable elements of Christianity have so much in common with Feminism - including the unwillingness to leave people alone to enjoy EVE.

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.

Memphis Baas
#227 - 2015-02-10 00:22:39 UTC
This being General Discussion, you'll probably wait a long time.
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#228 - 2015-02-10 00:35:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
More women don't play games like this, generally, because of the large number of immature and ridiculous players who will harass them after finding out they are a woman.

I've seen multiple occurrances where someone revealed themselves to be a woman, after which one or two guys started trying to "woo" her, if you call it that- a lot of the less socially apt people in a game like this will spring at the opportunity to talk to a girl, and will be way over the top in doing so.

People play games- guys and girls both play. The only reason you see a disparity is because of the number of socially inept and often quite rude guys who can't control themselves once they realize "oh man, a GIRL is playing EVE! I have to get to know EVERYTHING about her! Maybe she'll like me! HEY WHAT'S YOUR BRA SIZE"

Just have fun and play EVE- if you so happen to meet women playing, they're no different from the rest of the players- we're all just here to have fun and play with our spaceships- if you can't handle knowing women play without acting like a rabid animal, you're part of the problem.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#229 - 2015-02-10 00:57:21 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
+1 for the "who gives a damn" group.

I've been to a couple of informal EVE player meet ups in Texas and each time I was the only black person there (don't let the white girl avatar fool you, it was like being a raisin in a bowl of cornflakes!!). Of all the things to be concerned about in this short life, why more 'people like me' don't play EVE or attend meet ups is so far down the list Satan could use that part of the list as toilet paper.

I know a good few female players, some good some bad, none of them are fundamentally different that any other player.

I give a damb because I want more people playing EvE. If there are 10,000 black people who would be playing EvE but aren't for some reason that could sensibly be addressed, then that's 10k people who aren't logging in and providing me content.

Likewise women.

"Sensibly". How do you "Sensibly" enforce rules on third party software? And why should you have to, so a game company can make more money?

If you're black (or white, or red, or yellow or some other flavor of power ranger ) and can't deal with casual racism you shouldn't even have an internet connection. And that goes for every other ism, if I had a dollar for every anti-Texas of anti-American thing I've heard on comms, I'd have enough to buy a whole bunch of plex and never shoot another rat.

Freedom is nasty, but people ARE free. I'd rather a niche game that cherishes that kind of freedom (messy though it is) than a more successful mainstream game that doesn't And you can't have a game that purposefully invites people who want to play villians and expect otherwise. The thing to do is toughen up, give back as good as you are getting and own the poor ignorant bastards. and this applies in real life every bit as much as in a game.
Marsha Mallow
#230 - 2015-02-10 00:59:06 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
You know what's really interesting about this thread? You can replace pretty much any instance of "women/females/girls/feminists" and related terms with "Christians/fundamentalists/evangelicals" etc. and get basically the same message.

"Evangelicals don't play the game because people constantly say nasty things about them."
"The game would be better with more fundamentalists because that would mean more players and more money."

You can even find that the same sorts of things are offensive! Sexual topics, foul language, nasty stereotyping about their particular groups...

And what's even better? You can find that going on in most groups in EVE - almost any corporation you join will think nothing of jokes about priests and little kids or talk about how religious people are supposedly ignorant redneck neckbeards and so forth. Try using the f-word for gay people or nasty language about females in BRAVE for example and you'll (rightly) fall afoul of the "stay Classy" rule, but you can take all the drive-by shots you want at Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, and unless it's REALLY over the top no one will say a word. This isn't to pick on BRAVE, either, that's basically the norm.

But wait.. there's more! Unlike Christians who basically never get on comms and start preaching at anyone that I've ever heard of in any EVE environment... feminists and even more egalitarian females will happily do so at any opportunity. Often for no apparent reason at all, and in some cases RIGHT AFTER behaving in just the way they complain about people stereotyping them. I've heard the same female talk about granting sexual favors to people and how she would make out with an alliance CEO at a real-life meetup and then shortly thereafter rail at the males for "viewing women as sex objects".

Feminism is pretty clearly not science. It certainly does not attempt to describe reality against falsifiable hypothesis based on observation. Indeed, rather than subject it's theories to scientific scrutiny it attempts to subject science to feminist scrutiny. Hmmm.. not at all unlike the protestations of Creationists.

Oh, and last but not least we get the demands that other women adhere to certain sexual mores adopted by the morality police:

Quote:
Yup. Just as all men aren't all imbeciles, women aren't all slags. But there are a surprising number of women who play online games purely to exercise their 'wiles' in some sort of fantasy setting. Which does indeed make it harder for the rest of us, who actually don't want to engage in a convo with leg-humping-puppy-942 about why they can't get a girlfriend, which will inevitably result in.... 'so what are you wearing/can I have a pic' at some point. It's a bit embarassing when you point out you're old enough to be their mother and they start babbling on (and sound even more excited). I must admit, alcohol helps a lot during these conversations and I've probably shame-trolled a few boys out of game to level up the playing field for my ingame female friends who are harassed out.

Because remember folks, there's something wrong with women "using their wiles" if that's what they want to do, because some other woman said so. After all, it makes it "harder" and we can't have someone else's choices inconveniencing they morality police.

And just for the record, folks, I happen to BE a Christian, although not an evangelical, fundamentalist, nor creationist. It's funny how the more objectionable elements of Christianity have so much in common with Feminism - including the unwillingness to leave people alone to enjoy EVE.

Make your own thread, bible-basher. My mother is Catholic and my father is Muslim, and I have feck all interest in debating either of those topics with you. Go thump a book.

Why don't more women play Eve Online? <- this is the topic.

Also, get out Jenn. Being a black man from Texas doesn't entitle you to bury this topic in 20k words of you rambling on about how you dunked a fellow person of colour for protesting about being called a ****** in comms. I forwarded your comments to 3 first generation west indies ladies in their sixties - and they're packing their bags to come to Texas with their zimmers to beat you up, lad.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#231 - 2015-02-10 01:02:31 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

I've been to a couple of informal EVE player meet ups in Texas and each time I was the only black person there (don't let the white girl avatar fool you, it was like being a raisin in a bowl of cornflakes!!). Of all the things to be concerned about in this short life, why more 'people like me' don't play EVE or attend meet ups is so far down the list Satan could use that part of the list as toilet paper.

I know a good few female players, some good some bad, none of them are fundamentally different that any other player.

I give a damb because I want more people playing EvE. If there are 10,000 black people who would be playing EvE but aren't for some reason that could sensibly be addressed, then that's 10k people who aren't logging in and providing me content.

Likewise women.

"Sensibly". How do you "Sensibly" enforce rules on third party software? And why should you have to, so a game company can make more money?

If you're black (or white, or red, or yellow or some other flavor of power ranger ) and can't deal with casual racism you shouldn't even have an internet connection. And that goes for every other ism, if I had a dollar for every anti-Texas of anti-American thing I've heard on comms, I'd have enough to buy a whole bunch of plex and never shoot another rat.

Freedom is nasty, but people ARE free. I'd rather a niche game that cherishes that kind of freedom (messy though it is) than a more successful mainstream game that doesn't And you can't have a game that purposefully invites people who want to play villians and expect otherwise. The thing to do is toughen up, give back as good as you are getting and own the poor ignorant bastards. and this applies in real life every bit as much as in a game.

This is one where you and I are at odds. I don't believe there is a distinction of 'casual' racism. There's no need, or call for, racism in EVE beyond that which applies to the lore itself. If people can't handle what you define as 'casual' racism, perhaps that's because they shouldn't have to. The internet is a medium for communication, not a special place you go where you can't expect people not to have a problem with what you have to say, free speech or not, because free speech is 100% inclusive of criticism of that speech. I suggest if you can't handle your 'casual' racism being criticised, it's you that needs to htfu.

It's one thing to 'be the villain' in context with the game. It's another thing entirely to be an actual **** that no one has any obligation to have anything to do with.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#232 - 2015-02-10 01:07:16 UTC
Glathull wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Primary This Rifter wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Likewise women.

Okay. So what can be sensibly addressed?
Sensible solutions should be practical, fair, and realistic, and must preserve the fundamental principles of EVE gameplay and player interactions.

Good point. Go make a sandwich for me whilst I consider it, then I'll tell you what to think.

Then kick you from Corp because youre uncomfortable with my inept flirting, you adorable love muffin.

We get the point. There a number of douchebags in this game who talk sandwich trash and aren't good at knowing where appropriate social boundaries are. The point has been made over and over again.

How do you suggest we remedy this? Can it be done without turning the game into babysitters online?

Answer, nothing.

But Sandwich trash?

Seeing that term made me realize the problem I have with these discussions. It's the "first world problems" thing. If telling someone to go make me a sandwich is now somehow 'offensive', western society has fallen into a deeper hole than I imagined. I'm the son of a man who got harassed by his towns authorities for daring to accidently bump into a white woman in 1955 (thankfully, I was born after this particular style of madness stopped). That's 'offensive'. Telling a female (who btw wouldn't have been able to VOTE 95 years ago) to go make a sandwich is a mild (and nonsensical) personal insult. If a person can't weather such mild insults, even repeatedly, they shouldn't be on the internet.
Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#233 - 2015-02-10 01:09:51 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:

Quote:

Make your own thread, bible-basher. My mother is Catholic and my father is Muslim, and I have feck all interest in debating either of those topics with you. Go thump a book.

I did not indicate any interest in debating them with you either. I'm pointing out the behavior of those people claiming that not that women play because of the behavior of males. I see that "relevance" is a foreign concept to you.

Quote:

Why don't more women play Eve Online? <- this is the topic.

And the answer is "who cares?"

Quote:
Also, get out Jenn. Being a black man from Texas doesn't entitle you to bury this topic in 20k words of you rambling on about how you dunked a fellow person of colour for protesting about being called a ****** in comms. I forwarded your comments to 3 first generation west indies ladies in their sixties - and they're packing their bags to come to Texas with their zimmers to beat you up, lad.

No, the fact that any player is free to comment in the forums entitles him to do it.

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.

Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#234 - 2015-02-10 01:11:43 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

This is one where you and I are at odds. I don't believe there is a distinction of 'casual' racism. There's no need, or call for, racism in EVE beyond that which applies to the lore itself. If people can't handle what you define as 'casual' racism, perhaps that's because they shouldn't have to. The internet is a medium for communication, not a special place you go where you can't expect people not to have a problem with what you have to say, free speech or not, because free speech is 100% inclusive of criticism of that speech. I suggest if you can't handle your 'casual' racism being criticised, it's you that needs to htfu.

It's one thing to 'be the villain' in context with the game. It's another thing entirely to be an actual **** that no one has any obligation to have anything to do with.

Just because a minority person feels something is racist does not mean that it actually is. Just because a female calls something misogynist, that is not necessarily the case.

All this results in is those terms morphing to mean whatever the speaker needs them to mean to drag the issue onto the character of their opponent and stifle discussion - you know, like what normally happens these days.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#235 - 2015-02-10 01:14:27 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

All of that sounds nice now what do you DO about it? Your options are cry, yell, scream at people, beg them to be nice exclude them form you personal internet spaceship group and whine some more.

OR you say "you're a dumb ass for saying that", hit them with your best insults, and move on. Or do you think there should be some kind of internet law against stupid people saying things? Or that CCP should start banning people for what they do on 3rd party software.

And I tell the people I work with the exact same thing in real life, if being called a fascist pig by some hippy who has done zero to contribute to society bothers you, law enforcement was a bad choice of career. HTFU.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#236 - 2015-02-10 01:16:11 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Just because a minority person feels something is racist does not mean that it actually is. Just because a female calls something misogynist, that is not necessarily the case.

All this results in is those terms morphing to mean whatever the speaker needs them to mean to drag the issue onto the character of their opponent and stifle discussion - you know, like what normally happens these days.

But without knowing all the details of the anecdote, having not been there ourselves, you and I will never know, hence diluting the anecdote to the status of irrelevance to begin with, where any anecdote should be.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Memphis Baas
#237 - 2015-02-10 01:18:07 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
What do you DO about it?

Forward offensive comment to Malcanis; he'll take care of it.
Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#238 - 2015-02-10 01:18:59 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

But without knowing all the details of the anecdote, having not been there ourselves, you and I will never know, hence diluting the anecdote to the status of irrelevance to begin with, where any anecdote should be.

So are you objecting to what he said because it's an anecdote, or because you feel that 'casual racism' is an invalid concept? It seems you've adjusted what you feel is the issue for no apparent reason.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#239 - 2015-02-10 01:19:49 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

All of that sounds nice now what do you DO about it? Your options are cry, yell, scream at people, beg them to be nice exclude them form you personal internet spaceship group and whine some more.

OR you say "you're a dumb ass for saying that", hit them with your best insults, and move on. Or do you think there should be some kind of internet law against stupid people saying things? Or that CCP should start banning people for what they do on 3rd party software.

And I tell the people I work with the exact same thing in real life, if being called a fascist pig by some hippy who has done zero to contribute to society bothers you, law enforcement was a bad choice of career. HTFU.

This takes me back to the Ero1 incident, and most people would know already where I stand on that. I disagreed with the ruling then, and remain in disagreement today. That being said, and I say this as a generality and not specifically for you - if you're going to act exclusively, you'll only drive people away and exclude yourself.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#240 - 2015-02-10 01:22:07 UTC
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

This is one of the most important posts. It reveals a base motivation.

It isn't about fairness, it's about POWER. All of the social crusader hurf blurf is about that.

For an example close to me, The "N" word doesn't offend people as much as some folks let on (especially when people like me use it), it's when YOU use it that it becomes a problem. Because some people want to have a say over who says what, because certain melanin deficient people using that terrible horrible word is a reminder of a slavery that no living soul experienced...

Personally, I understand that words are nothing more than air flying out of someone's mouth. Screw what you say, it's about what you do.