These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

neural remap question

Author
Ra Chel
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-12-16 07:02:13 UTC
while having a spare neural remap, if i get the christmas reward the bonus neural remap will they stack to 2 remaps?

i don't wana losse the one i have by overwriting it!

Thanks in advance!
Luba Cibre
Global Song Setup
#2 - 2011-12-16 07:04:23 UTC
They will stack.

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

Ra Chel
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-12-16 07:32:33 UTC
thanks for the info Luba.

Mona X
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-12-16 15:10:36 UTC
Acorn FB
THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS
Shadow Ultimatum
#5 - 2011-12-16 18:34:08 UTC
The question I have is in what order do the remap expend, since if the bonus goes first, the timer would not restart until after the second remap is used. If you get to chose or the regular remap goes first, the timer would start with and you could make a short term switch to pick up a few off specilization skills, wait out out the rest of the timer and switch again.

This is important on one of my alts since he is within a few weeks of a switch out of Int Mem training period. If bonus goes first I will switch now to begin the clock and not worry about Int/mem "perfection" and keep the bonus to give me another short window, to do off spec training for 2-3 months before switching again.

If the bonus goes second, then it does not matter and I can wait until Int/mem is cleaned up and I can switch Per/will, and keep the bonus as long as necessary.
Mona X
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-12-16 19:56:51 UTC
d00d, it's explained in this devblog.

I need new signature.

Acorn FB
THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS
Shadow Ultimatum
#7 - 2011-12-17 21:38:35 UTC
This is what the Dev Blog says:

What is this solution?
We re-arranged the code a little and decoupled Bonus Remaps from the timed ones, so that when you use a Bonus Remap, it will not mess with your timer. Making it this way may sound elementary to some of you but bear in mind that the system wasn‘t originally designed with gifted remaps in mind so strange hacks were required to make them available in the first place. But we now have a better solution in place at least.

What does this mean for you when you use a Bonus Remap after this change?
You can be two weeks from your next remap or six months past it and still use your Bonus Remap to best suit your skill training plan without affecting your remap timer. Basically it gives you the flexibility of choice and planning that you would rightfully expect from owning an extra Bonus remap.

The first paragraph says bonus remaps are separate for timer purposes, the second paragraph indicates if you are on a timer for a upcoming remap, you will not reset your timer by using the bonus. It does not anywhere specifically address people who already have a banked remap before the gift, logic would indicate you could choose which one to expend. But CCP and logic are not always on speaking terms.

Not to be hard headed on this but little wording tricks have messed us up before like that "minor" change in PI taxes.
Kaena Stark
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-12-18 19:34:07 UTC
Banked remaps will become stacked, there is no reason to keep them seperate as the timing system is only in place to ensure that a gift remap will not effect the yearly remap . For example you would have "2 neural remaps available"
RangerSmurf
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-12-21 00:34:38 UTC
i have to agree, there is some tricky wording here, and it needs to be clarified by a dev since none of us actually know how this change will come into effect

lets say you have no bonus remaps at the moment, and you are 1 week from getting your annual remap... ccp gifts you a bonus remap, and in 2 weeks you remap for 6 months... does it use the bonus remap or the earned remap first?

this becomes a concern because it can have drastically different outcomes:

1) if it charges your earned remap first, the counter resets and you have another year, so when you remap in 6 months with your bonus you only have 6 months til your next earned annual remap

2) if it charges your bonus remap first, then when you remap first, then in 6 months when you remap again (with the earned one from 1 week from now), it will reset your timer and you won't be able to remap for a whole 'nother year after that point

this needs to be clarified by CCP...
Huntress Huntress
Doomheim
#10 - 2011-12-21 01:14:41 UTC
RangerSmurf wrote:

1) if it charges your earned remap first, the counter resets and you have another year, so when you remap in 6 months with your bonus you only have 6 months til your next earned annual remap

The correct answer.