These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Amarr Battleship advice

Author
Cage Katelo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-02-03 04:38:44 UTC
So my main goal since I started playing the game was to be able to fly one of these, and I took a long break from the game and am now returning. However, one thing that I am unsure of is the skills suggested to have first before going into flying one
If anyone could give a list of the more important skills to have for it id be happy
pvp or pve it doesn't really matter to me at the moment, Im not sure which direction I want to go in the game yet
BaByTemP
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-02-03 04:49:58 UTC
simply go into the game, go to isis, rigth click on the battleship and go to mastery, there you can find all the relevant skills needed to fly the ship, other than pilot competency. your welcome.
Dracones
Tarsis Inc
#3 - 2015-02-03 17:40:08 UTC
Outside of the mastery skills, T2 tanking skills aren't that hard to train into, help a lot and are useful across many ship hulls. Once you have those, T2 guns are probably the next step to train for but it's likely not a quick train when it comes to battleship level weapons.

Past that, well, then you need to consider what content you want to be a part of. If you really love flying battleships then incursions might not be a bad choice to aim for. With them you'll likely want to fly pirate battleships which will require training into a second race's battleship skill. If you're not into incursions and want to solo really difficult content, then you might consider training into Marauders.

In either case, looking at fits for incursion pirate battleships or marauders should give you some really long term goals. But don't neglect your basic warp/nav/fitting skills to sprint into those hulls.
Galen Dnari
Dnari Mining and Manufacturing
#4 - 2015-02-08 02:54:25 UTC
Regarding Incursions, Warp To Me has pretty skill set recommendations for flying Vindicators and Machariels (not to mention Basilisks and Scimitars if you're into logistics) for Incursions. Sorry I don't have a link handy, but Google 'em, you'll find 'em.

http://eveboard.com/ub/1939472205-31.png

Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-02-09 03:48:35 UTC
T2 armor tanking is pretty quick to get into but T2 lasers are far slower but really worth it. I love Amarr ships. My favorite of the empire fleets by far. My one complaint is that missions vs. Guristas and Angel Cartel can be a real drag if you are a low skilled pilot new to Amarr battleships. I am cross trained in Caldari and use a Raven until I was trained into T2 heavy lasers and had enough ISK to buy a Navy Apoc. The Raven is easy mode in comparison. Missiles are so flexible (and precision missiles can even fairly easily kill frigates), shield tanking is pretty forgiving even at T1. My Raven would pretty much just sit at warp in and not move. With my Apoc I often have to use a micro jump drive to jump out of enemy range and snipe.

Another alternative would be to just skip any Gurista and Angel missions your agent throws at you. Especially the tougher ones until you are better skilled.
Mariko Ishii
Brotherhood Without Banners
#6 - 2015-02-24 23:39:04 UTC
Obviously you need all the basic engineering and fitting skills usable by all races. Not at all sexy but make a huge difference in operations.

But specifically to Amarr - T2 armor tank is most important at first (active hardeners, EANM and reppers).

Next is every capacitor and power grid upgrade you can get. Take weapons upgrades to V and advanced weapons upgrades to 3 or 4. Lazors suck up capacitor and power grid at a ridiculous rate. Doesn't do you much good to have the skills to use Tachyon beams if you can't fit them or if they drain your cap in 20 seconds.

Finally t2 weapons. Scorch is a game changer, but you can get by with t1 ammo/lasers a lot easier than you can without the tank/grid/cap skills above.

Just my humble opinion. I skilled in this order and never really felt overmatched in any L4 missions, even without t2 weapons for a long time.