These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video] Next Release New Weapon

First post
Author
Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2015-02-06 10:08:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Elyia Suze Nagala
Part 1.
The Jove secretly have battleships or possibly motherships stationed in key systems through out New Eden and they are finally coming to life now that Sansha invaded their home turf.

Part 2.
Sleepers are in fact connected to the Jove.
Sub-part A.
The sleepers are the Jove's physical manefestation in the real world while they work/function in the AI/construct to avoid the plague of Jove's Disease.
Sub-part B.
Sleepers are an off shoot of the Jove and are either researching artifacts of their breathen or working in tandem with them.
Sub-part C.
Sleepers are of separate origin and are research the Jove/other ancient races/Unidentified Structures.

Part 3.
Jove are mad at our childishness. Everyone run for your lives!
Nami Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#62 - 2015-02-06 10:13:12 UTC
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
Part 1.
The Jove secretly Have battleships or possibly motherships stationed in key systems through out New Eden and they are finally coming to life now that Sansha invader they really home turf.

Part 2.
Sleepers are in fact connected to the Jove.
Sub-part A.
The sleepers are the Jove's physical manefestation in the real world while they work/function in the AI/construct to avoid the plague of Jove's Disease.
Sub-part B.
Sleepers are a off shoot of the Jove and are either researching artifacts of their breathen or working in tandem with them.
Sub-part C.
Sleepers are of separate origin and are research the Jove/other ancient races/Unidentified Structures.

Part 3.
Jove are mad at our childishness. Everyone run for your lives!

Sleepers ARE a splinter faction of the Jove, basically. That we know.
They are that part of the Jove populace that decided that The Construct (their VR reality) is the way to go. The other Jove disagreed and so they seceded and made for Anoikis (long story short).

Fornicate The Constabulary !

Prt Scr
569th Freelancers
#63 - 2015-02-07 22:13:46 UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZgCrGmvDyI#t=47

this is the jove battleship using the new superweapon.

Get it through the 'blue ' shields and you seem to have charged the weapon system. It can 1 shot a rattlesnake.

uɐıssnɹ pɐǝɹ ʇ,uɐɔ ı ʇnq ʎɹɹos ɯ,ı

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#64 - 2015-02-07 22:35:28 UTC
Prt Scr wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZgCrGmvDyI#t=47

this is the jove battleship using the new superweapon.

Get it through the 'blue ' shields and you seem to have charged the weapon system. It can 1 shot a rattlesnake.

Would appear to be a delayed effect. As close to the superweapon as we might expect.

Has this "jumping" effect been seen? That is, is it so far just one ship getting blapped? What happens if there's 2 on one with a drifter? Does it destroy both player ships?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Darkblad
Doomheim
#65 - 2015-02-07 23:15:18 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Has this "jumping" effect been seen? That is, is it so far just one ship getting blapped? What happens if there's 2 on one with a drifter? Does it destroy both player ships?
No Jumping effect over to drones that attacked the drifter as well. Had no other ships in range for the engagements where the drifter made it to fire his Super Weapon (still in full awe of that sound).
But for now, there's actually a way to avoid any form of incoming damage from the drifter. Lux Kontos as well as the Super Weapon appear to require a locked target. So be quick and lock him up again, once the blue shields are gone - to jam the hell out of him.

NPEISDRIP

Hav0cide
Universe Expedition Force
#66 - 2015-02-07 23:43:26 UTC
Prt Scr wrote:
https://www.youtube.costartch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZgCrGmvDyI#t=47

he jove battleship using the new superweapon.

The effect looks much like how carolines star did in its early staged. Massive up line light effect. Coincidence?

The Sadistic Clowns - Recruiting new players who want to learn PVP/PVE/Exploration. Join our channel - 'Clowns recruits'

Darkblad
Doomheim
#67 - 2015-02-07 23:50:44 UTC
Hav0cide wrote:
The effect looks much like how carolines star did in its early staged. Massive up line light effect. Coincidence?
Exactly what I thought. Pretty suspicious indeed Cool

NPEISDRIP

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#68 - 2015-02-08 05:11:09 UTC
This will introduce:
A use for ECM ships.
A use for carriers/supercarriers.
(Maybe) Stealth cloak nerf.

lol

Been around since the beginning.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#69 - 2015-02-08 09:49:34 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
After another check I can confirm: no jumping of the Super Weapon's damage. Both the Kronos and the Rook did attack the Drifter, Kronos first. Only the Kronos died from the Super Weapon, the Rook was set to keep range to the Kronos @ 750m.

No ecm was used.

Once the Kronos was gone, the Drifters also engaged the Rook, but only with their Lux Kontos turrets.

NPEISDRIP

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#70 - 2015-02-09 02:20:13 UTC
Great video. Lol

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2015-02-09 03:15:09 UTC
So whoever designed this ship...I assume is the same person who designed the Mordus ships and the newly updated Caldari cruisers...please smack the stuffing out of him if he even thinks about laying his hands on Amarr ships.

Thanks in advance.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#72 - 2015-02-09 14:17:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
New build (861155), new experiments:

- The moment I removed a drifter's blue shields (2 of them were there), I warped into a POS FF.
- Drifters followed, didn't do anything but warp away again, several times. FF saves from harm?
- Waited for them outside, one Drifter attacked (only Lux Kontos) while the other warped away again.
- Moved back into the FF, Drifter continued his attacks until my ship was destroyed.

Grrrr, Next attempt

- Same tactic as before, waiting outside. But this time, another character used POS guns to shoot at both Drifters while they attacked my ship. They warped away before my ship got destroyed, came back soon after and engaged the tower (I was back with my ship in the FF when they returned)
- They continued to attack the tower, no longer warping away. Shooting at them with POS guns and removing the blue layer triggers a Super Weapon shot at the tower (roughly 500,000 damage on the tower's structure, percentage before and after the damage application).

Until now, I only observed CONCORD to ignore a POS FF completely. That the Drifter continued to attack after I moved into within, might be a bug. I at least lost my locked target when I got into "safety".

NPEISDRIP

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#73 - 2015-02-09 16:44:04 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
We're ******. It's game over man, it's game over. What the **** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Confirming Hudson was a ***** for most of the movie, then went out like a champ.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2015-02-09 18:19:05 UTC
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
Part 1.
The Jove secretly have battleships or possibly motherships stationed in key systems through out New Eden and they are finally coming to life now that Sansha invaded their home turf.

No on that point. The Jove only have 3 motherships. Jove doctrine is supposed to focus on BS and smaller operating at high speeds with overwhelming firepower. Hence how the Angel ships are so fast, as they used some Jove elements in their design. They prefer to keep their Motherships back unless to make a point (Oh hi there Amarr fleet? Lost again are we?) or moving their species to a new home lol.
Memphis Baas
#75 - 2015-02-09 23:09:28 UTC
As far as I can tell, the lore about the Jove seems to imply that there aren't that many of them, what with the dreaded Jovian Disease and all that. So I can't really imagine them maintaining cloaked force projection throughout the entirety of Empire space.

The lore depicts them as similar to the Caldari: high tech allowing a smaller population to project a larger force.
Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2015-02-10 03:08:18 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
Part 1.

No on that point. The Jove only have 3 motherships. Jove doctrine is supposed to focus on BS and smaller operating at high speeds with overwhelming firepower. Hence how the Angel ships are so fast, as they used some Jove elements in their design. They prefer to keep their Motherships back unless to make a point (Oh hi there Amarr fleet? Lost again are we?) or moving their species to a new home lol.

Well while there was only 3 confirmed Motherships belonging to the Jove, there is nothing to indicate they haven't found reasons to build more, granted the population issue certainly is a prime reason not to.

I to agree, the battleships are not as likely as some of the station art that's popped up lately. Perhaps the Unidentified Structure is a place holder for stations?? Weird, who knows, but either way, Jove or Sleeper, I can't wait until that static dies down and these things reveal themselves. Who knows what the future holds.
Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2015-02-10 03:11:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Elyia Suze Nagala
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
Well while there was only 3 confirmed Motherships belonging to the Jove, there is nothing to indicate they haven't found reasons to build more, granted the population issue certainly is a prime reason not to.

I mean the more ships they have more power they wield, but also the more of a hindrance to coordinate and more as well.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#78 - 2015-02-10 12:25:36 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/O8orNon.gif[/img]

Stop cheating god damnit!

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Kousaka Otsu Shigure
#79 - 2015-02-10 13:09:52 UTC
Hmm, the conceptual artwork is kinda off if we compare it to other Jovian ships that are already ingame (Apotheosis, Gnosis). Missing semi circular braces and spiky bits... those thing behind it look more like long antennae (for listening.. always.)

Archiver, Software Developer and Data Slave

Current Project Status: What can I make with these minerals?

Darkblad
Doomheim
#80 - 2015-02-10 13:41:42 UTC
Kousaka Otsu Shigure wrote:
Hmm, the conceptual artwork is kinda off if we compare it to other Jovian ships that are already ingame (Apotheosis, Gnosis). Missing semi circular braces and spiky bits... those thing behind it look more like long antennae (for listening.. always.)
You may rather compare the Drifter to ships like

Wraith, Phantom or Eidolon (which got removed from the Client). Society of Conscious Thought ships might have deviated from native Jovian Designs, as the SoCT, being "only loosely connected to the Jove state the Society admits non-Jovian students." But it might also be, that I get behind kicked for this, by anybody who is more into EVE lore.

NPEISDRIP