These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

TF for CSM X

First post
Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#21 - 2015-02-08 02:34:44 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Consider my gauntlet thrown down for this debate.
Worf without make up, is that you? Shocked

While I do not agree with all the changes and opinions you express, I do like the way you write and the attitude it seems to convey.

+1

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Nightingale Actault
Borderland Dynamics
#22 - 2015-02-08 05:33:47 UTC
TF,

Can you maintain the same level of involvement and activity that Corbexx has brought as a WH CSM representative for the duration of the term?

If yes, will you also be able to maintain TF Wormhole Advice Column and your existing duties as a CEO of a corporation and alliance?
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#23 - 2015-02-08 07:42:00 UTC
That's a good question, and a difficult one to answer.

Corbexx spent a hell of a lot of time grinding every conceivable type of wormhole PVE so that he would have hard data to present to the CSM and in particular CCP. it's in the minutes where he fact checks/body checks CCP (which was demonstrably ignorant of how poor the reward was) and the result was the increase in blue poo buy orders.

Your question is basically predicated on the notion that such epic feats are required not only of all CSM's but at all going into the future. Aside from the fact that it has by and large been done (and the fruits of Corbexx's labours are apparent) I would turn this around and say - what epic feats of grinding ought I do to have an equal effect on the game?

To answer that I can only say that I have a considerable amount of dissatisfaction with wormhole POSs and in particular the efforts required to go into sieging them out. I am sure there hasn't been any analysis done by CCP or indeed anyone to the extent that I have done the sums and come up with a solution (which i won't share, because it's so damn effective) to structure grinds in subcaps.

There's a lot i would like to do to guide POSs into a different sphere of utility for people who use them as more than a fuel-using cash machine in nullsec handling moon goo and reactions.

For instance, you're free to read my opinions on the matter on the forums and elsewhere.

Nullsec cash machines and moon harvesting crud can stop being a POS and be a different type of orbital module, IMO. Most moon goo POSs are just smalls with no guns, pretected by the threat of a blob of Blue Donut supercaps yoloing onto field to defend the RF timer and/or remove anything jimmied up in the wrong place. Often the biggest detriment to sov changes is the removal and flipping of POSs and all the amazing gameplay attendant with onlining and offlining POSs. slash sarcasm hashtag bluedonut.

Freed from needing reactions and moon harvesters the POS can become one or several types of starbase. Defensive hardpoints AKA Deathstar/Dullstar/Dickstar/Dampstars with lots of EHP and the like. maybe an industrial starbase with a one size fits all modular industrial setup. Like, why the hell do we need small, advanced small, medium, advanced medium, large, advanced large, capital and supercapital assemblies? To manufacture more than one size of ship in a wormhole or any POS you need to over-invest in PG hogging POS trash.

You want to see me get riled up and devote hours of effort to something? It's ranting about POSs. It's coming up with insane POS fits (really, ask around for those who've seen our POS), insane and cunning ways of taking out deathstars (sekrit methods at play), and insane amounts of frustration at managing them.

And yeah, you are right. This all takes time, and I do spend too much time probing chains of wormholes whilst simultaneously running an EVE corporation, two companies in real life (part time), keeping my wife happy and the like. I'd rather work smarter and avoid repeating Corbexx's odyssey of ratting to put the numbers and the ideas (well thought oout, fact-based and reasoned ideas) before CCP. And i'd love to spend less time probing and more time orbiting a 140M EHP dullstar in an oracle because POSs are super fun!

Johnny Twelvebore
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#24 - 2015-02-08 11:35:41 UTC
This man is a genius, and the guy who taught me as a four day old newb to fly in wormholes, can flip flippers and generally take the road less travelled. I am also the ex BUGRY dude who had a blast fighting the blob in REPO but the real star of that show was Bei Artjay.

He is knowledgeable, lucid and bloody hilarious.

Got my vote.

Bloody hell, another eve blog! http://johnnytwelvebore.wordpress.com

Mr Spaxi
#25 - 2015-02-08 12:24:51 UTC
Thanks to Johnny up there, I have been lulled into spaceship politics and you sir, will be getting my vote. Hat off. o/
Nightingale Actault
Borderland Dynamics
#26 - 2015-02-08 18:02:34 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Your question is basically predicated on the notion that such epic feats are required not only of all CSM's but at all going into the future.

Nonsense :D

I will not say that Corbexx's effort with the PvE project was not an epic amount of work for someone to put in.

I do hope that a CSM representative maintains a certain level of visibility and activity (not something you have had a problem with). I also do not expect the same manner of visibility and activity of Corbexx, as every individual is different and their impact should be judged solely on their actions alone.

As others have pointed out in this very thread, your leadership and knowledge is also a driving force behind your corporation and alliance, and I would be hard pressed to ask them to lose you to burn out or other means.

Eric Shang
Academy of the Unseen Arts
The Potato Alliance
#27 - 2015-02-09 11:01:26 UTC
+1

I went to null in a T1 Incursus and had no one in system for 22 jumps. Where are these renters even they speak of.

Ex Pirate - Now a reborn priest for Faith Singularity

My Pirate Journey: http://ericshangthepirate.wordpress.com/

Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-02-10 22:28:06 UTC
I support this product and/or service.

+1

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Bronya Boga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2015-02-11 06:43:34 UTC
I approve of this candidate. Very knowledgeable about Wspace and from my past interactions with him he seems like a stand up guy!

10/10 will be voting for him
Ghenghis Kralj
POS Party
Ember Sands
#30 - 2015-02-11 17:49:10 UTC
what's your problem with clowns?!?!?! we got families to feed, too!
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
#31 - 2015-02-11 23:54:42 UTC
I'm not racist, but....clowns are scary.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
#32 - 2015-02-13 01:29:10 UTC
Unfortunatley, I did not pass a background security check on my account, and have to withdraw my campaign.

Hopefully this provoked some debate for you all, at least.
Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#33 - 2015-02-13 02:22:37 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Unfortunatley, I did not pass a background security check on my account, and have to withdraw my campaign.

Well this is terrible news...

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: [email protected]

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Kynric
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#34 - 2015-02-13 04:29:53 UTC
Sorry to hear that. As a consolation prize the image of CCP checking API keys is amusing.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#35 - 2015-02-13 05:31:06 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
To answer that I can only say that I have a considerable amount of dissatisfaction with wormhole POSs and in particular the efforts required to go into sieging them out.

"Allow worm hole dwellers to burn masses of fuel in order to keep a link open, without mass limit, long enough to burn out their neighbours (worm hole to worm hole only)."

Sorry to hear about your background check. If I land up in CSM, I will come pester you for another perspective.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Braxton Tscharke
Black Aces
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2015-02-13 06:37:35 UTC
As someone who has had enjoyment of this game reinvigorated by the skulduggery of the one we call master, I must express my absolute disappointment in the narrow minded decision that CCP has made in blocking TF from running for CSM X. In my opinion the wormhole community lost its second best possible voice running for the CSM. Not only has TF been a very active voice of the WH and AUTZ community he has also succeeded where CCP has failed in introducing newer players into wormholes. Do your player base a favor and readdress the decision CCP or I will protest by smart-bombing little scanny ships.............. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Nox52
Pterygopalatine
#37 - 2015-02-13 10:48:52 UTC
A very short-sighted and disappointing decision, especially given some of the other wh candidates (or lack thereof).

Wish they would reconsider or come outright and say what the issue is.
Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2015-02-13 12:22:16 UTC
You can't pass the background check? This is CCP not the FBI. Just how naughty were you?Twisted

Yaay!!!!

Niskin
League of the Lost
#39 - 2015-02-13 21:39:11 UTC
Sorry to hear it TF, you would have been second on my ballot behind Corbexx. Having read your blog I have an idea about what the problem was. Does this prevent you from ever running or could you try again with another account? I think you'd make a great CSM and so I hope there is still a chance, even if it's for CSM 11 or 12 or 13...

It's Dark In Here - The Lonely Wormhole Blog

Remember kiddies: the best ship in Eve is Friendship.

-MooMooDachshundCow

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2015-02-14 12:38:37 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:

Thats it, time to evict CCP.
Previous page123Next page